Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I know the main story missions took a hit in depth/length compared to Xenoblade, but I really appreciate all these affinity/normal missions that really round out the story. It's like they made the game centered around colony 6 and made it worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man Riki really hosed up Nopon tradition didn't he? Minor spoilers for X and endgame spoilers for 1

So Nopon are tiny little egg people that need to kill gods now to get a paycheck? Rough deal.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Chapter 8 and later spoilers

When does lao leave permanently? Chapter 9?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Chapter 8 and later spoilers

When does lao leave permanently? Chapter 9?

Yes.

The real mystery of the game: Why is literally everyone who owns a Skell and isn't on your team an (attempted) murderer?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Doug seems like a good guy. I like him.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

pew pew motherclucker

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Stability just increases the damage spread per hit, right? So something with 100 damage +/- 10 would do anywhere from 90-110 at random?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

do class skills like the +*element*% damage and whatnot effect you while in a skell?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Ciaphas posted:

It's kind of an aesthetic thing I know but melee in a universe with totally bitchin' guns seems really really dumb. Do any of the avatar classes focus heavily on ranged combat? That'll help me pick what to develop first.

https://youtu.be/R1T5pDDxKLE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can really tell they were struggling to fit everything in watching the opening movie, I haven't seen that many compression artefacts since I stopped using RealPlayer.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i finally completed my personal quest of finding out how many FN sites (in primordia) i could plant probes at without having access to a skell.
i was able to make it to all except 2 of them.
one is on a tall landmass in the middle of the water next site 111 to so i know i cant get to that one without flying and im pretty sure the last one is on the higher parts of talon rock but i couldnt find any way to get higher than the third terrane on foot.
there was a third one i couldnt plant a probe at because i need mechanical skill of 5 but i was able to get to it on foot so it counts.
so thats how ive spent most of my 30 hours so far.

anyway, whats the difference between the "___ attack up" and "___ attack boost" effects?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

AfroGunsou posted:

anyway, whats the difference between the "___ attack up" and "___ attack boost" effects?

Attack up is a fixed increase while boost is a percent increase.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i've got this quest to go kill a tyrant in Noctia, i don't remember the exact name but it's something "The Subterranean" and getting there shows that it's up on a ledge that seems like it's inaccessible on the ground by normal means? Do i really have to wait till i have a Skell to come back and kill this level 11 Tyrant? That would be really silly.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
It's really easy to go from trying to get some field pickups to getting treasure boxes to getting some new nodes and oh wait there went several hours

Lessail fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 11, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm missing three lobsters in the first half. I've consulted a list and watched a video and moved along with it and I want to die.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dante18907 posted:

Got my skell last night, played a bit on lunch. I loving HATE the vehicle mode. gently caress. Who's stupid rear end loving idea was it to change the camera orientation to the other side of the screen. I can't do poo poo in this loving car. It turns like hot rear end. UGH. Jetpack jumping around through Prone bases and they are all just like :stare: is great. gently caress you you xeno scum.

You can change the camera orientation in the options menu. Can't do anything about the awful steering though as far as I know, I just gave up trying to drive around NLA.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I love that literally every single NPC I've met is a colossal xenophobe to the ma-non and ONLY the Ma-non. When I got a quest from one to go survey people about the lil guys I started laughing that it's just no-namers going "I guess they're okay" "If I have to" etc. gently caress Alex forever though for pointing a gun at my nopon buddies though

Though speaking of that mission if anyone's done it does anyone know where the guy I'm supposed to survey is near the tennis court? There's two named NPC's but they don't count for some reason and the follow ball just vanishes in midair at some point.

Well, honestly, the reason for that is probably because they're the only "canon" alien immigrants. Every other alien species that joins your city is optional, as far as I've played. So any quest that wants to deal with xenophobes has to do it with them or have a requirement for you to have done some of the alien species recruitment quests.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Alesa has got to be my favorite citizen on account of her voice.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
As basic as it is, I like Caulderos' music. It doesn't bullshit you that this region right here is where there be dragons.

Also, of all the species to worry about being Gangleon species, you're really stretching your ability to be racist with the Ma-non. They are slaves for pizza and willingly so. C'mon, man.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 11, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Infinity Gaia posted:

Well, honestly, the reason for that is probably because they're the only "canon" alien immigrants. Every other alien species that joins your city is optional, as far as I've played. So any quest that wants to deal with xenophobes has to do it with them or have a requirement for you to have done some of the alien species recruitment quests.

Speaking of which, when can you start getting more alien friends and what missions get them?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Speaking of which, when can you start getting more alien friends and what missions get them?

Most of the missions (maybe all of them, I'm not sure) are basic quests initiated by people around Blade Tower.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This game has so many blink-and-you-miss-it moments.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Good lord are there a lot of DLC characters. I haven't even finished Chapter 5 and already my affinity board looks like a spider's web knot of console cords.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

God dammit. Fair warning to other people so they don't make the mistake I did, spoilers for one of the recruitable alien species:

So when you get the Tree Clan Prone to join your base, their leader guy gives you another mission to go rescue three important Prone in captivity. Here's my pro-tip, rescue his son LAST. Otherwise you gently caress up and he dies. Because one of the other two guys you rescue gives you a tip as to how to stop the death of the son guy. I knew there was something wrong when I got a cutscene on approach to the son guy, then the game gave me control before I walked forward again and triggered another cutscene, like there was something I was supposed to have done, or a variation in cutscene. I'm kinda pissed off, mostly because I'M WALKING UP IN THIS GIANT ROBOT AND I CAN'T DO poo poo TO STOP THIS MONKEY? SERIOUSLY THEY'RE TALKING FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES LET ME JUST USE MY BEAM SCYTHE AND END ITS LIFE.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 11, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone know what drops "Strong Purgovent Extract"?

I need 6 to upgrade my G-Buster 3 times for the attack damage...

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Purgovents, those small foating whales.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I mean, they're drops, aren't they?

Can't you spend Reward tickets?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Infinity Gaia posted:

God dammit. Fair warning to other people so they don't make the mistake I did, spoilers for one of the recruitable alien species:

I went to that one first and it gave me the option even though I shouldn't have had any idea about that. Guess I lucked out, but..

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

kirbysuperstar posted:

I went to that one first and it gave me the option even though I shouldn't have had any idea about that. Guess I lucked out, but..

Yeah, you need to have a specific item in your inventory, which you won't know about unless you get the tip. I unfortunately didn't have it. I'm kinda worried about what this might do down the line as the quest complete text implies that the Tree Clan now hates the Cavern Clan WAY more, which might be uh, a problem when you can apparently recruit them later.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
(Spoilers for the mission Murder Most Foul)

As far as weird mission endings go, I can't exactly say I expected to fight an enraged pizza chef in a Skell called the Grenade Pizza F.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Suaimhneas posted:

You can change the camera orientation in the options menu. Can't do anything about the awful steering though as far as I know, I just gave up trying to drive around NLA.

Can't believe people talk poo poo about Mastema's steering when it can do donuts forever while Amdusia frames will go in a straight line regardless of what you do.

People trying to farm for Ares models. The Neilnail Masks are from the twin robots Neilnail Albus and Neilnail Furvus. They're from a sidequest I think but you can also fight them in a time trial for the masks. Try killing the purple one first.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 11, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Motto posted:

It helps that the game's very lenient despite how much stuff there is to work with. Money and resources are constantly generating, there are no consumables to waste, you can freely change up your class, division, probe setup, etc., death means little, and the game will lighten up if a particular fight is being too tough on you.

This game has a lot of bad ideas but also so many good ones

that said i really really wish the collectopedia and bestiary would tell you where on the bigass continent you can find a thing after you've encountered it

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Looper posted:

This game has a lot of bad ideas but also so many good ones

that said i really really wish the collectopedia and bestiary would tell you where on the bigass continent you can find a thing after you've encountered it

A lady near Doug's hangout tells you about more precise locations of items but it's only for a couple few.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Does anyone know if skills affect your Skells? There's one Galactic Knight skill that clearly says it has to do with skells but what about other skills?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Dastardly posted:

Does anyone know if skills affect your Skells? There's one Galactic Knight skill that clearly says it has to do with skells but what about other skills?

Background Noise does not affect my skell. Alexa seems to have a skill that boosts her skell stats, so I assume there are skell specific skills.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Dastardly posted:

I did some experimenting with some skills, and it felt like the increased damage skills don't work with skells, and I've had the increased overdrive duration equipped and that did nothing for the Skell's overdrive. So I just work under the assumption that unless they mention a skell they don't affect them, which kind of sucks.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Do any ranged weapons have good TP generation? I'm close to mastering Galactic Knight. I would like to keep lightsabers, but their TP generation is pretty bleh. I'm also considering Mastermind just for the secondary cooldown skill.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

brainwrinkle posted:

Do any ranged weapons have good TP generation? I'm close to mastering Galactic Knight. I would like to keep lightsabers, but their TP generation is pretty bleh. I'm also considering Mastermind just for the secondary cooldown skill.

Let me tell you about the Ramjet Rifle...

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So if you prefer ranged weapons can you equip 2 different ranged weapons and switch between them? Is this a horrible idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

A lady near Doug's hangout tells you about more precise locations of items but it's only for a couple few.

I know, but it doesn't get reflected on FrontierNav or the collectopedia and this isn't the 80s I'm not writing that poo poo down!

• Locked thread