Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The patch is real and there are some 100% inheritance guns now. Seriously, go check it and Games thread out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
why are guns giving money to their offspring

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

kalstrams posted:

The patch is real and there are some 100% inheritance guns now. Seriously, go check it and Games thread out.

Holy poo poo.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it's like if you played the game before you inherit some cool exclusive weapon skins or something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Carol Pizzamom posted:

why are guns giving money to their offspring
In the grim darkness of the future, even guns are better than Americans. :dealwithit:

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
what's the fastest way for ranks 1-3? I'm trying to get my friend to play again but his attention span is retarded short.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nosl posted:

what's the fastest way for ranks 1-3? I'm trying to get my friend to play again but his attention span is retarded short.
Casual matchmaking should be the fastest.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!

kalstrams posted:

Wtf is an inheritance gun?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PerOlus posted:

Wtf is an inheritance gun?
In Tribes player's motion affects the way most of the guns fire. For example, let's consider a gun that fires projectiles with a base velocity of 200 miles per hour. For this gun with 100% inheritance (the extent of player's velocity the projectiles fired obtain), shooting while you move at 200 miles per hour would result in:
  • Shooting forward - projectile flies straight ahead at 400 mph
  • Shooting backward - projectile floats at place
  • Shooting sideways, i.e. to the left for example - projectile flies 45 degrees to the left from direction of your movement, 45 degrees to the right from direction you fired
If you stand still, the projectile would just fly at 200 mph wherever you pointed it to.

Until the game died, it had one vaguely relevant weapon with 100% inheritance, with majority of actually used stuff being at 50% or at 0%. New patch has shaken some things up, with, iirc, one of the better changes being introduction of inheritance for automatic weapons (they all were 0% before).

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 11, 2015

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

kalstrams posted:

In Tribes player's motion affects the way most of the guns fire. For example, let's consider a gun that fires projectiles with a base velocity of 200 miles per hour. For this gun with 100% inheritance (the extent of player's velocity the projectiles fired obtain), shooting while you move at 200 miles per hour would result in:
  • Shooting forward - projectile flies straight ahead at 400 mph
  • Shooting backward - projectile floats at place
  • Shooting sideways, i.e. to the left for example - projectile flies 45 degrees to the left from direction of your movement, 45 degrees to the right from direction you fired
If you stand still, the projectile would just fly at 200 mph wherever you pointed it to.

Until the game died, it had one vaguely relevant weapon with 100% inheritance, with majority of actually used stuff being at 50% or at 0%. New patch has shaken some things up, with, iirc, one of the better changes being introduction of inheritance for automatic weapons (they all were 0% before).

Does that have an effect on the skiing part. People "rocket jump" to gain speed while at the bottom of a slope right?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - one patch away from a blue plate special

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Does that have an effect on the skiing part. People "rocket jump" to gain speed while at the bottom of a slope right?
I don't know if projectiles contribute to player's momentum. The boosting is done by blowing something up behind you.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tribes sucked because after it came out they didn't make another regular Starsiege and I loved that game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Games › Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Just play Tribes instead

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEHD470Flik

Yeah I think it's still decent.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yo Fat Lou I just saw your ClintWestwood vid, how the gently caress do you ever see that crosshair?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Luna Was Here posted:

Yo Fat Lou I just saw your ClintWestwood vid, how the gently caress do you ever see that crosshair?

It is easy to see when actually playing the game. Because I just did a poo poo job of encoding it it got lost because it is so thin.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno, I think this is just something with my eyes but I have a hard time seeing the thin crosshairs and even with thicker ones I have to throw an outline on them for them to stand out to me

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

It's still a great eco option. I never particularly needed to use it in my last match but I was surprised no one did.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
WTF is happening on the stream :laffo:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

If anybody's watching this Envy-Fnatic match and wants to exclaim surprise when exciting things happen during it or talk about this music still going, I'm sitting hopefully in sub.io chat.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
No ingame sound and terrible music constantly blasting behind the commentators, what's going on with this production

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

It's just the industry leader ESL putting out a top notch production :allears:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Smol posted:

It's just the industry leader ESL putting out a top notch production :allears:

It's actually grown on me, every play becomes epic with this music.

E: And of course, as I post, it goes away. :sigh:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Slowdown on Revolver is just enough to be annoying. Seems way more balanced now though overall. Interesting to see what competitive players will do with it, I suspect most will prefer the deagle. Maybe AWPers will use it for half-eco rounds.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I haven't played with the new revolver yet, but I imagine it's just more like a scout now, i.e. you tag a few players with it and the rest of the teams finishes the kills of with a 5-7 or something similar.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Smol posted:

I haven't played with the new revolver yet, but I imagine it's just more like a scout now, i.e. you tag a few players with it and the rest of the teams finishes the kills of with a 5-7 or something similar.

I'm bad, so your results may vary, but the thing I've seen in my games that will be interesting to see develop, is that it's kind of the reverse. Seems like it's very much a finisher for other pistols. If you get tagged by any pistol, the r8 comes in a second later and finishes you off.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I actually am gonna check out Tribes again. Aside from 1.5, Tribes and Tribes 2 were my favorite PC FPS growing up. I played Ascend for a few months but the grind was boring and the teams were always stacked, regardless of server. How do I export my cs skins to Tribes? can't wait to see my polar mesh spinfusor

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
JWorst player

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
nice patch you got there valve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCUVrCBGDc

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
New tribes sucked donkey dick

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

blablablabla posted:

New tribes sucked donkey dick

It was good until open beta when HiRez got all microtransaction-happy and kept releasing hitscan weapons and promoting Smite instead of adding in poo poo like a better spectator mode and community servers.
They actually did release community servers shortly after full release but at that point the community was dead and the devs were too busy facefucking each other over their lovely MOBA.
/endrant

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

I'm bad, so your results may vary, but the thing I've seen in my games that will be interesting to see develop, is that it's kind of the reverse. Seems like it's very much a finisher for other pistols. If you get tagged by any pistol, the r8 comes in a second later and finishes you off.

It...actually might be close to well balanced right now? Upper level competitive play might be is different, but among us plebs, it's just a reasonably useful pistol with a tendency to make idiots make risky, useless peeks.

Edit: a price increase to keep the scout competitive is necessary though.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 11, 2015

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Has anyone tried Valkyria chronicles? It's definitely the best tactical shooter on the market. I suggest it for any fans of tough, cerebral shoot man video games like counterstrike 1.6 or :global offensive, but with the added polish that comes from experienced Japanese developers.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I tried it and I was an Anime Nazi I think.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Up Circle posted:

Has anyone tried Valkyria chronicles? It's definitely the best tactical shooter on the market. I suggest it for any fans of tough, cerebral shoot man video games like counterstrike 1.6 or :global offensive, but with the added polish that comes from experienced Japanese developers.

It's basically a puzzle game. Your score depends solely on the amount of turns you take to finish a mission, and in general there's only one way to finish the mission in the specified amount of turns for the best grade. Any deviation from the optimal solution results in a deduction of score. The enemy AI will do the same thing regardless of your actions most of the time. There's very little depth or tactics to it. You're right about the "experience Japanese developers." Unfortunately, all that means is that the game in unbearably anime.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

It...actually might be close to well balanced right now? Upper level competitive play might be is different, but among us plebs, it's just a reasonably useful pistol with a tendency to make idiots make risky, useless peeks.

Edit: a price increase to keep the scout competitive is necessary though.

I think you mean a price drop to bring the scout to $850. :getin:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Safety Scissors posted:

It's basically a puzzle game. Your score depends solely on the amount of turns you take to finish a mission, and in general there's only one way to finish the mission in the specified amount of turns for the best grade. Any deviation from the optimal solution results in a deduction of score. The enemy AI will do the same thing regardless of your actions most of the time. There's very little depth or tactics to it. You're right about the "experience Japanese developers." Unfortunately, all that means is that the game in unbearably anime.

anime is just a synonym for good

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Safety Scissors posted:

cAN YOU cut down on the freakin spoilers? Some of us haven't finished this masterpiece yet.

By the way, if you've got a problem with anime, you've got a problem with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Jeza posted:

anime is just a synonym for good blood

• Locked thread