Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Sheriff Jake posted:

Security Forces motto
I always thought it was either *yawn* or "Just as good as Army Infantry, really!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
When general Casey came out to our AO in Kandahar he had a security detachment made up of random weirdos from all across the military. We had the Air Force security forces guy in our Stryker, our first sergeant made fun of him mercilessly and he got all super butt hurt being called out on trying to say he did the same job we did.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Mike-o posted:

When general Casey came out to our AO in Kandahar he had a security detachment made up of random weirdos from all across the military. We had the Air Force security forces guy in our Stryker, our first sergeant made fun of him mercilessly and he got all super butt hurt being called out on trying to say he did the same job we did.

He was a worthless government welfare queen just like the rest of you.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress off and suck my loving dick from the back

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I have an upcoming WINGMAN DAY I'm expected to participate in (and get everyone who works for me to) despite telling the commander that we are about to be on 12 hour shifts from no manning, and no, we can't just close up shop planes are still flying.

So basically a normal Thursday.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smertrioslol posted:

I have an upcoming WINGMAN DAY I'm expected to participate in (and get everyone who works for me to) despite telling the commander that we are about to be on 12 hour shifts from no manning, and no, we can't just close up shop planes are still flying.

I tried to blame a delay on the WG/CCC when he showed up to a maintenance crew at a jet for a meet and greet and delayed an active mission but they wouldn't let me. IDK why we keep letting people do stupid rear end wing closure for training days and stuff when all it does is pile the workload up a little higher. Not that its my problem any more :smugdog:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Larry Parrish posted:

I tried to blame a delay on the WG/CCC when he showed up to a maintenance crew at a jet for a meet and greet and delayed an active mission but they wouldn't let me. IDK why we keep letting people do stupid rear end wing closure for training days and stuff when all it does is pile the workload up a little higher. Not that its my problem any more :smugdog:

Because people in admin positions can easily just shut down whenever they want. They don't have a mission, they just do paperwork. All those forms and poo poo will still be there at 8am tomorrow.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

Because people in admin positions can easily just shut down whenever they want. They don't have a mission, they just do paperwork. All those forms and poo poo will still be there at 8am tomorrow.

Say this specifically about AFPC and you will probably have an O-6 calling your commander demanding an apology.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

I always thought it was either *yawn* or "Just as good as Army Infantry, really!"

something something road head I MEAN I DROPPED MY CELL PHONE ON THE FLOOR something something put a cop car underneath an F-15

(Shim knows what I'm talking about, pretty sure he was actually at the 33rd when that went down)

smertrioslol posted:

Let me tell you about the time I had to drive 30 minutes to work, then drive 45 minutes down to Vegas for a WINGMAN DAY, and then drive 45 minutes from the WINGMAN DAY back to work.

Derek Dominoe posted:

Say this specifically about AFPC and you will probably have an O-6 calling your commander demanding an apology.

Let me tell you about the time I had to write letters of apology to multiple O-6s (including two at AFPC) for posting something on the internet that severely disparaged the competence of the hard-working professionals at the Air Force Personnel Center

Btw I was an AFROTC cadet at the time which somehow makes it even funnier

AFPC literally spends time googling themselves and then sends out nasty-grams if they can find out whoever said mean things about them, not making that up in the slightest. It actually explains a lot about their operation when you think about it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

The dude commented on JQP's page with the backstory...

quote:

I saw that an image could be uploaded and thought, what the hell...and loaded up a random cat pic. I started laughing and another NCO came over to see what I was laughing at, and she started laughing. So, since I am retiring, why not submit it? So I did. I went to my Supt and told him, we verified that it wasn't against the rules to do that, and he knew this was going to be my last EPR, and it was already late...so he laughed as he sent it up.

loving :lol:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

Let me tell you about the time I had to write letters of apology to multiple O-6s (including two at AFPC) for posting something on the internet that severely disparaged the competence of the hard-working professionals at the Air Force Personnel Center
Same, except it was for telling the motivational speaker the group exec had booked that he was insulting and awful.

Importance: High

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Dead Reckoning posted:

Same, except it was for telling the motivational speaker the group exec had booked that he was insulting and awful.
Crazy. I told the CSAF's speechwriter that saying "Curtis LeMay was a great moral compass" was stupid, and he seemed to take it well. At the very least, the thought police didn't come for me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Speechwriters can be pretty chill, surprisingly. I think there's a degree of self awareness of the bullshit they're asked to peddle; at least that's the impression I got from talking to Gen Hyten's.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Our change of command went well. Old commander showed up at last minute without his family. Then left right away without shaking any hands, leaving behind his retirement picture that we'd all signed.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Casimir Radon posted:

Our change of command went well. Old commander showed up at last minute without his family. Then left right away without shaking any hands, leaving behind his retirement picture that we'd all signed.

!

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/11/outgoing-company-commander-hate/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He's not going to get any cake now.

We buy the worst loving picture frames for these things. They come apart in 4 pieces, and you can't put it together on your own. So we finished getting it together and a couple jokers come by and say that they didn't get a chance to sign it even though it's been sitting around for a month.

Optional joke entries nobody had the balls to put.

Nickelodeon and chill
-[Child molester we used to work with]

Bush did 9/11! Bitches lie and will spermjack you!
-[Guy who had a breakdown and left]

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 5, 2015

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

The yawn is right up there.

Mike-o posted:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

iyaayas01 posted:

something something road head I MEAN I DROPPED MY CELL PHONE ON THE FLOOR something something put a cop car underneath an F-15

(Shim knows what I'm talking about, pretty sure he was actually at the 33rd when that went down)

Yeah she was def blowing the driver.

gently caress Flankers, Security Forces, (gently caress you I'm not saying SF and perpetuating that unfortunate false ego boost) cop cars and the U.S. army have more Eagle kills than Flankers. :aaaaa:

Then again nobody kills a Blackhawk like an Eagle. :angel:

Love how they tried scape goating Intel if all folks. Inadequate threat visual training my 100% non oriental rear end.:bang:

Cocks.:bigtran:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

:lol:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

heyoooo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hornets, too. And Harriers.

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006

Yeah she was def blowing the driver.

gently caress Flankers, Security Forces, (gently caress you I'm not saying SF and perpetuating that unfortunate false ego boost) cop cars and the U.S. army have more Eagle kills than Flankers. :aaaaa:

Love how they tried scape goating Intel if all folks. Inadequate threat visual training my 100% non oriental rear end.:bang:

Cocks.:bigtran:

Well they gotta let us kill something besides our careers and faith in leadership, right?

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
So...what's up guys? Anything new?

It's like so many drat people got out that only like 25% of the people who post here are actually still around to complain about petty AF poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got out so that makes like 3 people who are even in at all.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I'm going to OTS in about a month, so I guess that's a thing. I had 4 years left on my guard contract, so I might as well get paid a bit more and actually use my civil engineering degree on drill weekends.

And I think 25% might be a little generous too...

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Rekinom posted:

It's like so many drat people got out that only like 25% of the people who post here are actually still around to complain about petty AF poo poo.
Going to stay in for another 2-3 years.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Well as for petty AF poo poo, lol @ the neverending AF910 issues

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

pkells posted:

I'm going to OTS in about a month, so I guess that's a thing. I had 4 years left on my guard contract, so I might as well get paid a bit more and actually use my civil engineering degree on drill weekends.

And I think 25% might be a little generous too...

That's a good one, drill weekends around here consist of 8 hours of sexual assualt, cbts and medical appointments.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rekinom posted:

Please shoot me in the head if after I get out of the AF I'm making intricate and spergy posts about USAF manning minutiae

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I follow along because if the IRR chair gets his way I'm probably hosed, and because I've got a few friends who are still in, and it's fun to read JQP's take on things and laugh at such a broken organization.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So my sister is commissioning into the Air Force as a JAG and just got her orders to Malmstrom AFB. Is that place as hilariously awful as I think it is?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you're a fan of cities, amenities, and civilization, yeah. Kinda. If she's into horses and big sky poo poo, it might not be a bad thing.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Dominoes posted:

Going to stay in for another 2-3 years.

It's a little depressing to me that you probably graduated HS, went to college, finished, became an officer after that, and will have served out your entire nav commitment, and will still be able to get out a few months before I do.

Also, Malmstrom has nice nature scenery in the non-winter months when the weather is nicer. But, it's not the base location that will drive your sister to eat a bullet, it's the terrible base leadership.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Rekinom posted:

I'm still in, but right now things are pretty chill so there's nothing to complain about.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Shalhavet posted:

I'm still in, but right now things are pretty chill so there's nothing to complain about.

Same here basically. All of the standard AF stupidity that I encounter on a regular basis has already been discussed multiple times in this thread anyways.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Great.

Cojawfee posted:

hosed up if true

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 12, 2015

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Rekinom posted:

It's a little depressing to me that you probably graduated HS, went to college, finished, became an officer after that, and will have served out your entire nav commitment, and will still be able to get out a few months before I do.

Also, Malmstrom has nice nature scenery in the non-winter months when the weather is nicer. But, it's not the base location that will drive your sister to eat a bullet, it's the terrible base leadership.

I'm already done with my entire nav commitment :haw: I'm staying on because they keep sending me to nice places

edit: and i joined after you registered for these forums

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Today was even dumber than usual. One of the fine NCOs in my squadron came across a page from a Mad-Libs book - it was a fake complaint report - and thought it was an actual locally generated fill-in-the-blanks complaint form. He then tried to write an LOC for an airman whose name appeared on the page.

It was basically:

"Airing of Grievance Report
To (A1C xxxxxxxxxxxx), From (T-Pain)

Your act of (reckless driving) was particularly (shameful). It makes me feel (cheapened) when you (embarass me in front of other NCOs). Please correct this deficiency immediately. That will make the situation (2) times better.

Thank you."

From what I understand, he legit didn't realize it was a joke, and had to be talked out of the LOC by a MSgt.

Why can't we go back to the Air Force of old, when we had our priorities straight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

hosed up if true

If? :lol:

• Locked thread