Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

chucklefish please stop trying to balance things or w/e the gently caress you think you're doing. just add in all the content and poo poo and make it all moddable so i can make your game good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
you take a good thing and make it bad with the option of upgrading it to be good again its called progress you idiots

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
That sounds like the opposite of progress, actually. Literally a step back! :v:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I keep trying to enjoy StarBound. Like, once every three months I'll go "huh. This was a thing I super looked forward to some time in 1963" and then play it for ten minutes before giving up. Time to buy Terraria on 3DS I guess.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This is my favorite comedy thread on SA

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Sage Grimm posted:

That sounds like the opposite of progress, actually. Literally a step back! :v:

A slower step back

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

victrix posted:

Uhm, this is a deadly serious thread about hit game starbound my friend

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grimcreaper posted:

Hey, we can use teleport at any time now to get back to the ship. I like that.

Its like they nerf things just because they've been making other things better, I don't understand.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ahundredbux posted:

A slower step back
:vince:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Good idea for tech upgrades: Add elemental damage effects to Energy Dash

Bad idea for tech upgrades: Remove functionality from Dash to gate standard level usage behind upgrades. 'Coming soon'

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Dash tech upgrade idea: You teleport a horizontal distance instead of dashing. Meaning you can eventually kinda warp through walls. Kinda like ToeJam and Earl 2: Panic on Funkotron.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Spaceship tech idea: a Funkifier that lets you warp you Planet Funkotron

e: the funkifier is a neon boombox

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Neurolimal posted:

Spaceship tech idea: a Funkifier that lets you warp you Planet Funkotron

e: the funkifier is a neon boombox

Better idea: Turn starbound into the first TJ&E game, because the second one pales in comparison. :colbert:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

victrix posted:

truly though, it was a good replacement for the Sim City thread when that one went dry, but this one has just kept on giving

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

pwnyXpress posted:

truly though, it was a good replacement for the Sim City thread when that one went dry, but this one has just kept on giving

You guys should check out the star citizen thread. I wouldn't read every post, or even every page, but you can check in every 400 posts or so and someone has had a massive mental breakdown or octopode has posted again, it's good times.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

WebDO posted:

and someone has had a massive mental breakdown or octopode has posted again, it's good times.

Sorry to double post in a quality thread but this isn't intentionally redundant and I felt compelled to clarify

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You can post all you like in my thread, friend.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
starcitizen seems like the wrong kind of madness to me

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Better idea: Turn starbound into the first TJ&E game, because the second one pales in comparison. :colbert:

But the music was so good in TJ&E2:PoF

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Good news! We're expanding the way crafting works and introducing new tables and ditching the old ones! The new ones aren't quite ready yet, but the old ones have been removed in anticipation! See you next winter update!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

the day one glitch where blocks don't exist if they're off screen still happens, so if you cant see the roof of the building you're in rain will come in and now they've added water accumulation from rain so you will flood a house if you cant see the roof.

3+ years of development

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rotten Cookies posted:

But the music was so good in TJ&E2:PoF

A game and its music are separate, and sometimes, the music far surpasses the quality of the game.

TJ&E2 is one of those games.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Magmarashi posted:

Good news! We're expanding the way crafting works and introducing new tables and ditching the old ones! The new ones aren't quite ready yet, but the old ones have been removed in anticipation! See you next winter update!

magmarashi... we need that twinkling gleam in your heart more than ever ...

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

A game and its music are separate, and sometimes, the music far surpasses the quality of the game.

TJ&E2 is one of those games.

I actually found the gameplay to be quite fun.

Then again, I played 2 before I played the original, so there's that to consider as well.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

oddium posted:

magmarashi... we need that twinkling gleam in your heart more than ever ...

God is Dead, and Man killed Her

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Toejam and Earl 1 and 2 were fun for different reasons.... like two separate games, married by a beautiful canon, each pretending their dreadful cousin 3 doesn't actually exist.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Magmarashi posted:

God is Dead, and Man killed Her

It was probably GamerGate that did it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reiley posted:

Llike two separate games, married by a beautiful canon

talk about a shotgun wedding !! ha cha cha cha

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Played the new build a little bit, a couple things that stood out.

Slow walk backwards really sucks and just kind of feels lovely. Was playing as a Novakid so all I had were guns. At one point 3 bats in a cave came at me and there was basically nothing I could do.

Not having any sort of "Loot All" or at least quick picking up of a stack of items gets old real fast. I just stopped even checked crates and chests and broke them with my MM to pick everything up.

Not being shown the materials or pixels you have in the crafting menu without having to highlight the item you want to make seems really weird. If I select something it should show how many I can make with the ingredients I have.

Switching back and forth between equipped items, especially if any are 1 or 2 1-handed and a 2-handed, feels really clunky.

Also Novakids still use the human respawn animation apparently.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just wish they'd stop loving around with basic stuff and just add a bunch of cool poo poo in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Like just fucktons of items

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
I wish they'd move their manpower to a different game like stardew valley

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
on second thought, dont, games already almost done and i dont want to wait five years to play it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Rrussom posted:

I wish they'd move their manpower to a different game like stardew valley

"Hmm, yes the game is pretty good but have you tried making the plants grow only when the player is watching them??"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't think stardew valley is going to be pretty good. but i would like it to be

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i would like more good games than bad games

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Like just fucktons of items

Yeah, at after-titanium tier it kinda falls off in terms of cool new poo poo. its cool you have the Caster/Ranged/Melee armor metals though, but that aside there's not alot of new poo poo.

Though Idk why the Ranged armor would be preferred over Caster anyways, you get like 550% damage boost with the Caster gear :(

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah, at after-titanium tier it kinda falls off in terms of cool new poo poo. its cool you have the Caster/Ranged/Melee armor metals though, but that aside there's not alot of new poo poo.

Though Idk why the Ranged armor would be preferred over Caster anyways, you get like 550% damage boost with the Caster gear :(
is this the terraria thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nah but that's a pretty drat astute observation :psyduck:

Terraria filled out the gap better though.

• Locked thread