Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
He seems so happy about the bomb :3:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guavanaut posted:

London has always been less violent than major US cities during the 20th century though, even in the early decades when private firearm ownership was all but banned in NYC and you could pick up a pistol permit from a Post Office counter in London, London was still the least violent of the two.

I figure if people are going to burst into your house wearing ski masks and carrying guns without knocking or announcing who they are in advance, you should probably be allowed to shoot them.

Friendly officers. You can tell them apart from militiamen nutjobs by the high visibility police logos on their chests.

actually, you can tell them apart from militiamen nutjobs because they're wearing matching gear

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

London has always been less violent than major US cities during the 20th century though, even in the early decades when private firearm ownership was all but banned in NYC and you could pick up a pistol permit from a Post Office counter in London, London was still the least violent of the two.

Well, yeah. If you only count gun crime as violent crime. London and NYC are pretty much equal in rape and London has NYC beat in robbery. But it's good not to be shot as much, I suppose.

lol. What's the Uk's definition of "hate speech" and "unacceptable behavior"?

"You will speak, act, and believe the way we say or you don't get to come here." -Donald Trump/British Government

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

:nws: maybe
http://i.imgur.com/KWI6yuP.png

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

On that real poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1yAOK0nSb0

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

It'll be interesting to see if the Olympics are as much of a clusterfuck as Sochi. Drug cartels, death squads and crushing poverty, vs corruption, land theft and Honest Yevgeni's Construction Company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ik5euQsJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKyRkOYDTFo

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Nah, this the real poo poo.

http://www.hark.com/clips/vnmhxhvhtl-you-wanna-go-college-access-ad

BgRdMchne fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 10, 2015

nosering
Oct 12, 2012

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxkVhDYog8

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

As a white man, I'm excited about a potential Trump presidency giving me have the excuse to live out my "contemporary John Brown" fantasies.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

MizPiz posted:

As a white man, I'm excited about a potential Trump presidency giving me have the excuse to live out my "contemporary John Brown" fantasies.

Yeah right, you're gonna fall in line and sieg trump along with everyone else. :jerkbag:

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

spacetoaster posted:

Well, yeah. If you only count gun crime as violent crime. London and NYC are pretty much equal in rape and London has NYC beat in robbery. But it's good not to be shot as much, I suppose.

lol. What's the Uk's definition of "hate speech" and "unacceptable behavior"?

"You will speak, act, and believe the way we say or you don't get to come here." -Donald Trump/British Government

the candidate would find himself in some pretty cool company

NB unlike Snoop and Busta, Donald Trump is actually a despicable bigot and should be shunned wherever he goes

edit: I was born in London, lived in the US, and moved back to London, and you're dead right on the "not being shot" bit, it's really good to never worry about someone shooting me

Mousepractice fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 11, 2015

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

J. P. Beagley fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 11, 2015

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqPqylKy-bY

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if Trump is a fascist he's not a very good one, definitely registers as like a quarter of an Engelbert Dolfuss on the authoritarian dick scale.

Interestingly, in much the same way everyone jokes on Trump for his ridiculous hair, Dollfuss was constantly made fun of for being short as gently caress:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ImX003hG54

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008

EDIT:

Florida is the key state in the upcoming primaries. It is considered a highly representative state for the rest of the country. It is also a state where Jeb Bush was governor and Marco Rubio is a sitting US Senator. If Trump wins Florida, the GOP will have a difficult time denying him the nomination – but it’s not impossible.

I suspect that most of the establishment candidates will drop out before Florida, to combine votes in an attempt to stop Trump and boost the remaining candidate. Looking at the latest polls out of Florida, Trump is up by 14 points over Carson, and 15 points over Rubio. If every establishment candidate dropped out and combined votes behind a single candidate, they might be able to match Trump.

Now, perhaps someone could answer me this: We know the GOP establishment hates Trump, but why I ask? It is my theory-crafting that they hate him because he makes GOP donors (banks among others) nervous, as he is unaccountable to them in the traditional ways they control politicians and could go in very unpredictable directions politically. In short, I think this is about money, not votes, or even control of the WH since it seems to me he could well defeat Clinton. That's just my 5-minute no thought analysis though, so I'd like to hear some theories.

I have no horse in this race (neither do you, whether you realize it or not), but I consider disruptions of established power structures to be a net positive.

StickySweater fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 11, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

StickySweater posted:

Now, perhaps someone could answer me this: We know the GOP establishment hates Trump, but why I ask? It is my theory-crafting that they hate him because he makes GOP donors (banks among others) nervous, as he is unaccountable to them in the traditional ways they control politicians and could go in very unpredictable directions politically. In short, I think this is about money, not votes, or even control of the WH since it seems to me he could well defeat Clinton. That's just my 5-minute no thought analysis though, so I'd like to hear some theories.

I have no horse in this race (neither do you, whether you realize it or not), but I consider disruptions of established power structures to be a net positive.
It could be a combination of both. Big GOP donors who are warring with Trump behind the scenes consistently say that he will lose the general election to Hillary, and the polling shows that he fares worse than most other Republican candidates in a matchup.

Trump is the Bernie Sanders of the GOP race. Both of them have dedicated, cult-like followings and capture 30 percent of their respective parties. But for the Democrats, Hillary dominates the other 60 percent, while the Republicans are divided.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

StickySweater posted:

The GOP hates Trump because he represents the end of the GOP's stranglehold on conservative politics. The TEA party was supported by the GOP because they could harness the energy of anti-establishment conservatives and libertarians for greater electoral margins. Now the TEA party is uncontrollable and they're in a dogfight with the GOP over conservative dominance. Trump is proving that the GOP has lost its position of power in American politics and if he gets the nomination the GOP leadership is toast because they'll all be replaced with the likes of Trump, Louis Gohmert and Vern Buchanan. Also, Trump (and Cruz) are downright scornful of party leadership, so the animus is personal as well as political.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Filthy Hans posted:

The GOP hates Trump because he represents the end of the GOP's stranglehold on conservative politics. The TEA party was supported by the GOP because they could harness the energy of anti-establishment conservatives and libertarians for greater electoral margins. Now the TEA party is uncontrollable and they're in a dogfight with the GOP over conservative dominance. Trump is proving that the GOP has lost its position of power in American politics and if he gets the nomination the GOP leadership is toast because they'll all be replaced with the likes of Trump, Louis Gohmert and Vern Buchanan. Also, Trump (and Cruz) are downright scornful of party leadership, so the animus is personal as well as political.

You should post a picture.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Police tries new approach, commenters are furious.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37adlem5D1Y

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

actually, you can tell them apart from militiamen nutjobs because they're wearing matching gear

I'm the scrub in the centre front who forgot to bring any guns to the dick-waving photo-op.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

StickySweater posted:

Now, perhaps someone could answer me this: We know the GOP establishment hates Trump, but why I ask?

Simple answer: He's not one of them.

I also think it's because he's not willing to completely work within the system the R's and D's have defined. Everybody plays up the two sides with social issues, which gets good air play and works everyone up. But both sides are slam packed with corporate whores who will change their views in a heartbeat about gays, abortions, religion, race, whatever the flavor of the month is. But actual reform of our political system? lol, nope.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

This piece of poo poo raped (at least) thirteen women, all but one of them low-income or with priors that kept them from going to the police. He was just found guilty of 18 charges and recommended 260 years in prison. :fuckoff:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Kro-Bar posted:

This piece of poo poo raped (at least) thirteen women, all but one of them low-income or with priors that kept them from going to the police. He was just found guilty of 18 charges and recommended 260 years in prison. :fuckoff:

So the difference between this and all the other cop rapes is that these women weren't prostitutes?

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2015/01/17/carmel-and-zionsville-prostitution-sting/21938105/

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
This piece of poo poo lived the dream:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-michigan-shoplifter-concealed-carry-20151211-story.html

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

Simple answer: He's not one of them.

I also think it's because he's not willing to completely work within the system the R's and D's have defined. Everybody plays up the two sides with social issues, which gets good air play and works everyone up. But both sides are slam packed with corporate whores who will change their views in a heartbeat about gays, abortions, religion, race, whatever the flavor of the month is. But actual reform of our political system? lol, nope.

lol you're not even loving trying with your trolling if you present a list that includes Republicans and Democrats agreeing on the FDA and "government-run schools."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This loving dipshit thought firing a deadly weapon at people stealing power tools from a Big Box Retailer (which coincidentally teaches its own employees not to confront thieves) was a reasonable action.

gently caress this idiot. This is the mentality that makes gun nuts and apologists so goddamned reprehensible.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kro-Bar posted:

10 posts above you already, with added full video of his breakdown

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gPuH1yeZ08

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

MC Nietzche posted:

lol you're not even loving trying with your trolling if you present a list that includes Republicans and Democrats agreeing on the FDA and "government-run schools."

Well they do mostly... There are a few differences of degree but very few among even the most aggressive supporters of Charter Schools suggest we completely abandon the public school system. I've never heard an elected official say that at least.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MC Nietzche posted:

I must have his a soft spot if your only comeback is to call me a troll. :colbert:

Read up on the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 ( https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr1314/BILLS-114hr1314eah.pdf ) and then talk to me about Repubs and Dems not working together with their corporate bosses to use the FDA to enforce their will. (Senate passed it and Obama will sign it soon)

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 11, 2015

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

I only made it like 5 mins :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9NrdiJHRA

• Locked thread