Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Stinky_Pete posted:

Headline writers these days

I'm literally the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

Someone made fun of me the other day because I still call emojis smilies.
i call them "hieroglyphics" because that's essentially what we're coming back to

also half of the time, the millennial i'm talking to doesn't know what i'm referring to.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lol if you're not using emojis as punctuation :smaug:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
i accidentally had to explain 1337 to a 48 year-old man in bicycle shorts this morning. we just ended up talking about donkey kong, though.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

Doggles posted:

Hey millennials, you know what makes Christmas caroling even more fun?

:ghost: Dressing up as ghosts! :ghost:

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/30715880/photos-shows-citadel-cadets-dressed-in-klan-attire-singing-christmas-carols

Stay safe poverty ghost

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Doggles posted:

Hey millennials, you know what makes Christmas caroling even more fun?

:ghost: Dressing up as ghosts! :ghost:

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/30715880/photos-shows-citadel-cadets-dressed-in-klan-attire-singing-christmas-carols

i went to a swedish lucia event last night and i gotta say it did not look unlike this

maybe citadel should rethink its anti-nordic macroagressions

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

Someone made fun of me the other day because I still call emojis smilies.

And then they act all surprised when someone finally loses it and blows up a kindergarten.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Touch screens...apps. None of you plebs would even know these words back in the 90's! You fucks would be yanking my underwear up my buttcrack if I ever mentioned the words "Server" or "LAN."

Now all you Game of Throne watching beautiful people all have a passing knowledge of computers, and my 90's dork specialization is now useless!!!

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

I like how I have to justify never having a tattoo or piercing to some people.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
As someone goes as far as semi-colons in texts, all this 'punctuation bad' hoopla is making me nervous.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

babies havin rabies posted:

I like how I have to justify never having a tattoo or piercing to some people.

Just tell them they're for white trash, that should awkwardly end your relationship.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Accretionist posted:

As someone goes as far as semi-colons in texts, all this 'punctuation bad' hoopla is making me nervous.

there is no need to be afraid; your suffering will be brief

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

i accidentally had to explain 1337 to a 48 year-old man in bicycle shorts this morning. we just ended up talking about donkey kong, though.

This happened to me a couple weeks ago when I was talking to an older dude I work with about star trek and then mentioned Legend of The Galactic Heroes as a similarity top notch bit of science-fiction and then I had to explain the concept of anime to a 60 year old trucker.

Jim Barris fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 11, 2015

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Jim Barris posted:

This happened to me a couple weeks ago when I was talking to an older dude I work with about star trek and then mentioned Legend of The Galactic Heroes as a similarity top notch bit of science-fiction and then I had to explain the concept of anime to a 60 year old trucker.
???

"They're cartoons, for adults."

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

???

"They're cartoons, for adults."
I wasn't quite so succinct but that's essentially what I said. I didn't mean to say it was hard just very slightly awkward to explain something like that to someone with literally no conception of the idea.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
See, you have to pretend you don't like videogames or cartoons when you're in the world of professionals and aging baby boomers. You've pretty much dug your own grave by outing yourself as an adult baby.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

notZaar posted:

See, you have to pretend you don't like videogames or cartoons when you're in the world of professionals and aging baby boomers. You've pretty much dug your own grave by outing yourself as an adult baby.

hosed up if true, imo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

When I'm out in public I act like I dont know how the internet works.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

When I'm out in public I act like I dont know how the internet works.

This needs to be posted in the lifehacks thread

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Jim Barris posted:

cartoons with sword's

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Accretionist posted:

you do realize that semi-colons are basically superseded by periods, right?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Jim Barris posted:

I wasn't quite so succinct but that's essentially what I said. I didn't mean to say it was hard just very slightly awkward to explain something like that to someone with literally no conception of the idea.

This is why I habitually call it Japanimation

symbolic posted:

you do realize that semi-colons are basically superseded by periods, right?

The em-dash makes semicolons practically obsolete—it's so drat versatile.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

What the taco is, to me, is a moment in a man's life

2 faggy millennial talking about tacos in public, and aware they're being recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK9Sgxzrg9g

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Accretionist posted:

on the list of things that make a person insufferable, semicolons in informal writing have to be in the top 5

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

mr. mephistopheles posted:

on the list of things that make a person insufferable, semicolons in informal writing have to be in the top 5

what about people who use the word "faggy"?

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Shay laboof is making art again. This time he's at a call center? Or something.

http://touchmysoul.net/

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

if they were dropped in the middle of the jungle I wonder which one would be the first to die

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
The dwarfette would get eaten by a tiger most likely.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

mr. mephistopheles posted:

gently caress me, rip america.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

opus111 posted:

gently caress me, rip america.

Could you stop being such an rear end in a top hat in this thread, we're just chillin

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Punctuation makes me v angry;

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

i am on to you

using it ironically to mock people who use it unironically is acceptable imo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Stop being faggy dude.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It really makes you think about people when they say human being or Retard is bad and you shouldn't use it on the internet comedy forum, but then you hit Post History and thats the first word that comes to mind... Hmm..

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

There is no reason to be sad; we are all in this world together; we are united by a common language; English has underused grammar.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo I know the people who made this, met them at a party once.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

i just watched this because the last post and wtf who is this funny to

"lol people post photos of their food on Instagram am i rite"

groundbreaking satire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

is that Danny Sexbang on the far right?

aka the beginning of the end of GameGrumps back when he joined

• Locked thread