Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A ticket to the Summer Is Forever II tour, in New York:

Now to listen to the entire Wavves back catalog before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Some christmas shopping

for myself as a birthday gift

+
for sister in law

for brother

+
for mother

for father

for niece

for nephew

for secret santa

:homebrew:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I just bought a Surly fat bike because they're 50% off and I'm doing a 300 mile off road bike race next month :boom:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hell yeah, they're playing here too and I'm gonna go to that. Haven't bought my ticket yet, though. But it's not 'til February so I've got a little time.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Bottom Liner posted:

I just bought a Surly fat bike because they're 50% off and I'm doing a 300 mile off road bike race next month :boom:

Nice bike. At a local place, I assume, with that price?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Paul Proteus posted:

Nice bike. At a local place, I assume, with that price?

http://surlybikes.com/blog/post/

They are running a ~50% off sale through dealers:

Pugsley $899.00

Pug SS, $799.00

Pug Ops $999.00

Moonlanders, $1199.00

Ice Cream Truck Ops, $1199.00

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

canis minor posted:

for myself as a birthday gift

This stuff is a godsend. Excellent birthday gift.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought some flux, solder, copper pipe, copper pipe fittings, and a new propane tank. I have some plumbing to do before winter is fully on us - replacing a bath tub's faucet (already bought the new one when we picked out the new bathroom decor earlier this year, just haven't put it in yet) since the old one is ... probably as old as I am, and in worse shape, and thinking about adding a sink in the basement near the washer and dryer since I already have a water line and can probably piggyback the drain. That'll be PEX, not copper, though.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm jealous. King of The Beach is Wavves' best album imo

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hell yeah, they're playing here too and I'm gonna go to that. Haven't bought my ticket yet, though. But it's not 'til February so I've got a little time.

:hfive:

More content, a diamond. A very rare diamond.

I bought 7 replicas of the Heart of the Ocean from Titanic for my sisters and friends, $10 each. And with that, my Christmas shopping is almost entirely finished.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Please shame me. I can't find my pipe cutter so I have to go back to Home Depot and buy what must be my sixth or seventh in the last 20 years because I keep buying the pocket sized ones and losing them.

Nevermind, went to put my boots on, had a thought, looked in the upstairs closet, found one.

PCOS Bill has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Dec 11, 2015

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Nevermind, went to put my boots on, had a thought, looked in the upstairs closet, found one.

I'm so glad.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Daimo posted:

I'm so glad.

That was a real nailbiter, for sure.

e: oh, and

Smartwool socks as an xmas gift for my grandma

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Dec 11, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Please shame me. I can't find my pipe cutter so I have to go back to Home Depot and buy what must be my sixth or seventh in the last 20 years because I keep buying the pocket sized ones and losing them.

Why do you not own a sawzall with metal blades? Why do you hate yourself?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

canis minor posted:

for secret santa

Bought that for my sister and her husband last year (thanks to this thread, I believe). Solid purchase.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Digital_Jesus posted:

Why do you not own a sawzall with metal blades? Why do you hate yourself?

I do, but I like the little spin cutter better for copper pipe.

Daimo posted:

I'm so glad.

Same.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I bought an 8lb brisket :jewish:

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
some stuff from Y! for xmas

yohji

attachment

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Got married this year. Wife got a new job. I got a new job. Bought a house.

Time for a new car (not mine pictured, but exact same thing) :

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like how it matches the building

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Makes you wonder how many more are in that picture that you DON'T see.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That Jeep has its Octocamo on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gB4777rbcg

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

55 inch to replace the 8 year old 42 inch plasma.

x2 so both kids can watch what they want.

And a 19 inch Best Buy brand TV to replace the 1998 Samsung GX that I've had since high school.
My son has learned that if you hit it, the color comes back on.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Early xmas gift for me.

Nike Free RN Distance

And some stuff for my girl.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Lately I've been getting back into music making so I decided to buy myself a few little things for my birthday:

Korg Taktile MIDI keyboard to replace the battered old M-Audio keyboard that I've been using for the past 10 years.

Mackie CR4 monitors. Decent cheapo monitors to replace the awful cheapo monitors that I've been using.

2TB Western Digital My Passport Ultra to backup my sample/Kontakt libraries.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

TotalLossBrain posted:

How do you swap out the barrels? Are they not threaded into the receiver/barrel nut?

On topic: I bought MGS V on Steam during their Holiday sale ($43 or something like that). I had finished Fallout 4 and wanted more.

Here is their video. It is actually pretty involved but not nearly as bad as if you wanted to change the caliber for a rifle that wasn't designed to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-eHWcvT8NA

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Needed more space for linux ISOs

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Needed more space for linux ISOs

I almost bought that SSD on sale, it's an amazing buy at that price.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

big mean giraffe posted:

I almost bought that SSD on sale, it's an amazing buy at that price.

I did and it's fantastic. You missed out, ya big dummy!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I grabbed the 250 GB version for $70. Only needed it for an OS and a few Steam games. Hard to pass up once my dumb moving parts drive starting having chkdsk errors. Windows 10 boots pretty drat fast now.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've got the 256 gig version right now but "a few steam games" take up most of that. I'm upgrading to the 500 for Christmas, and I'm going to stick my 256 in an external enclosure. Mass drop had the 1 TB version for $300 which is a pretty good deal but I think 500 will hold me over until the 1 TB's fall more in price.

If there's anyone out there who hasn't upgraded to an SSD, do it. It is a night and day difference. Easily the most potent computer upgrade for the money that you can make.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm holding out for an affordable 2TB+ SSD for my laptop. Until then I'll deal with my 750GB 7200rpm spinning disk

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Vastarien posted:

Mackie CR4 monitors. Decent cheapo monitors to replace the awful cheapo monitors that I've been using.

I bought a pair of these as a present for my ladyfriend, gave them to her early as she has nothing to play music through. Got them out of the box, plugged everything in and they sound pretty great. Until they stopped working.

They'll play for about 10 seconds and then fade out to nothing, switching them off and back on again gets you about half a second of audio before they fade out.

So give them a thorough checking... Not really impressed with the quality control on these and the moulding on the cones looks a bit shoddy if I'm honest. :/

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

88h88 posted:

I bought a pair of these as a present for my ladyfriend, gave them to her early as she has nothing to play music through. Got them out of the box, plugged everything in and they sound pretty great. Until they stopped working.

They'll play for about 10 seconds and then fade out to nothing, switching them off and back on again gets you about half a second of audio before they fade out.

So give them a thorough checking... Not really impressed with the quality control on these and the moulding on the cones looks a bit shoddy if I'm honest. :/

Man, that's a shame. Have you contacted Mackie yet? Hopefully they can help you out!

The reviews on these are almost universally positive. Far better than the reviews for other monitors in the same size/price range. Maybe I lucked out and got one of the good pairs...

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Got myself a wet-shaving starter kit for Christmas:

And some new t-shirts from dustri.al:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Vastarien posted:

Man, that's a shame. Have you contacted Mackie yet? Hopefully they can help you out!

The reviews on these are almost universally positive. Far better than the reviews for other monitors in the same size/price range. Maybe I lucked out and got one of the good pairs...

They sounded great for the short while they were working! Sending them back and getting a replacement set delivered, luckily I gave them before Christmas otherwise we'd be waiting a while longer. Hopefully the next set aren't broken!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
New watch thanks to Massdrop :

Reading

Listening

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
I'm crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Vet checkup, vaccines, food and some bowls for this little dude.