Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

oatgan posted:

really looking forward to her surely awful feud with charlotte

Those chops and punches are going to be so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Those chops and punches are going to be so bad.

The promos. Yikes. At least Paige is comfortable reading bad acripts

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

oatgan posted:

Santa's Little Helper proves this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

John Cena is currently scheduled to be off of WWE Live events following the WWE Royal Rumble PPV. Cena is currently scheduled for the PPV, and will then be off of live events until the tour of Germany, which starts on February 10th.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've been to a handful of house shows, and honestly it was always cool to see Cena there. He works hard and is a bigger star than everyone else they have. He also always gets a huge reaction which is fun.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cena wins the rumble, leaves until Wrestlemania where he wins the title.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That's only like three weeks. Don't think that's too absurd.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

oatgan posted:

"You're being a real B!"

"Oh yeah? Well you're being a C!!"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

"You're being a real B!"

"Oh yeah? Well you're being a C!!"

Please tell me that wasn't an exchange that happened. Please.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

fart blood posted:

Please tell me that wasn't an exchange that happened. Please.

It happened.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I would be absolutely shocked if this did not happen. This should be the time to create young stars and have them hold the title. But NOPE, back to rapadoo.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i miss aj lee promos

Kirios posted:

I would be absolutely shocked if this did not happen. This should be the time to create young stars and have them hold the title. But NOPE, back to rapadoo.
Cena in the main event would be way better than the poo poo we've got now

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

It happened.

God I hate wrestling. It's the worst thing to happen to humanity since Los Lonely Boys.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Becky is the worst promo in the company and the second-worst dressed after Ziggler

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HerraS posted:

Becky is the worst promo in the company

She has improved a lot this month so this talking point is dumb

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kirios posted:

Maybe he'll do a WWE Heavyweight Championship open challenge

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HerraS posted:

Becky is the worst promo in the company and the second-worst dressed after Ziggler

Her gimmick is that she's super awkward, like a shoot version of Emma's original gimmick.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HerraS posted:

I don't think she's a bad promo at all. People get carried away with "lol she doesn't speak English lol" because of her accent, but she's fine. She's about on level with all the other women, and none of them are really stand-outs.

I think I'd blame the writing staff more than anything else. I've seen the Bellas in person give a really good promo, but then it was edited to hell for Smackdown which makes me think a lot was unscripted.

But yeah, some of her outfits are really bad. She's super pretty and super fit and she wears some unflattering, ugly colors.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think she's a bad promo at all. People get carried away with "lol she doesn't speak English lol" because of her accent, but she's fine. She's about on level with all the other women, and none of them are really stand-outs.

She's better than most of the women. Especially when it comes to her acting and reactions. People well the few here who aren't just trolling for the sake of trolling about it don't seem to be paying attention to her most recent stuff.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

She's better than most of the women. Especially when it comes to her acting and reactions. People well the few here who aren't just trolling for the sake of trolling about it don't seem to be paying attention to her most recent stuff.

Charlotte is better than Becky. It's hosed up but true.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Becky is one of the worst promos I've ever seen and her puns aren't even good puns.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Codependent Poster posted:

But yeah, some of her outfits are really bad. She's super pretty and super fit and she wears some unflattering, ugly colors.

And she dyes her skin an unflattering ugly color

Her, Taz and Hogan all visit the same salon

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nice cross-promotion job with Garlic Bread Memes.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NienNunb posted:

Becky is one of the worst promos I've ever seen and her puns aren't even good puns.

The puns are awful, not even in an so cheesy it's endearing way.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

NienNunb posted:

It's not like she writes the script.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Food Court Druid posted:

It's not like she writes the script.

I see you've never been to her twitter

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Becky's last promo was pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlLYvxYhJao

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I'm a really huge giant fan of the "every bad promo is because of the evil writers and every good promo is because of the brilliant wrestlers" premise

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Wrestlers are not actors and it's been proven and time tested over and over again throughout the years that they work best when they're not scripted, this isn't some sort of doublethink conspiracy.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Becky's puns are good

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Finally, a return to the fundamentals.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Beandog, "Tater" Reigns

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Some people work better with someone else feeding them lines, others work better off the cuff

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Muddy Burphy posted:

Becky's puns are good

Andy Warhol once said something to the effect of, "Anyone can direct a mediocre film but it takes a true talent to make an amazing or a wretched one," which I feel applies here. That said, her puns are genuinely masterful.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Some wrestlers are also just bad both ways because speaking in front of a large group of people and sounding natural is a really tough thing to do.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Lady Naga posted:

Wrestlers are not actors and it's been proven and time tested over and over again throughout the years that they work best when they're not scripted, this isn't some sort of doublethink conspiracy.

I think it's more complex than that.

Some wrestlers are terrible with no script. Handing them a great script would help them a lot. Unfortunately no one worth a drat would want to write for WWE, or if they do they get ran off immediately.

In an ideal world they would write for the guys who need it and let the guys who can go do their own thing. But WWE is far from an ideal world.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i think the wwe should give frank miller a run for a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

please stop making fun of the deaf girl's promos

• Locked thread