Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Psion posted:

Look at all these people taking this scenario way too seriously by actually trying to play the game correctly. why back in my day we just submitted orders without even knowing if they were legal! Uphill in the snow both ways!

:v:

Excellent post/avatar combo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Psion posted:

Look at all these people taking this scenario way too seriously by actually trying to play the game correctly. why back in my day we just submitted orders without even knowing if they were legal! Uphill in the snow both ways!

I remember doing that! It ended up with the crowd favorite Flashman eating an ER PPC to the face on turn three. Surely if there was more coordination that wouldn't happen again right?

..Right? Guys?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Krumbsthumbs posted:

I remember doing that! It ended up with the crowd favorite Flashman eating an ER PPC to the face on turn three. Surely if there was more coordination that wouldn't happen again right?

..Right? Guys?

Turn five, and the orders I submitted were as optimal as I could get them in the circumstance: Maximum possible move mod, optimum throw weight of weapon fire, good position to get a maximum move mod backstab in the following turn. Headcaps happen, we accept them and roll with it.

Also, our coordination was pretty drat good. :colbert:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Psion posted:

Psh, back in my day we just got wiped off the face of a dropship without even understanding the horrors we were facing.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Leperflesh posted:

What you do is, you barbecue a goose in your outdoor grill. Set up a (deep, big!) aluminum foil catch pan, put a little water into it so the heat stays moist, and then cook your goose over indirect-heat charcoal for a few hours at medium heat. Be sure to add some water-soaked wood chips for smokey flavor - probably not mesquite, go for like applewood or similar.

The goose will dump a gallon of grease into the pan, which you just throw away, and the rest of the greasy smoke lining your grill will just burn off the next time you use it.

If only I had the time to actually cook outdoors; and it wasn't going to rain over the weekend. Also, throwing away the grease seems like such a waste. Maybe I'll be able to give a try sometime though!

I will always wonder how a bird that can actually manage to fly makes that much loving fat, though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Roast potatoes

Loads of them

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

thetruegentleman posted:

As a side not, never actually try to cook a goose: all that fat is a goddamn nightmare of smoke and scrubbing.

I've always just baked goose like I would a chicken and it's worked fine. Drain the grease off that cooks out, eat the rest. Goose is probably the tastiest of the common game animals in my opinion.

drat, now I want a goose to eat. :saddowns:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

shalafi4 posted:

So what's the plan for the northern group?

Squish against the wall and wait for the cavalry or make a break for it?

I think your compatriots were thinking about breaking out- Unfortunately you got knocked on your butt last turn so you don't have great options, but you could mae it to 2114 facing 2014 to protect your back I think.
You're also safe from both Warhammers there, and prooobably also the gray Marauder.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

shalafi4 posted:

So what's the plan for the northern group?

Squish against the wall and wait for the cavalry or make a break for it?

I'm probably heading for 1714, facing 1613 unless a better option presents itself. Gets me a +2 move mod, and lets me shoot at Jade Girl. If we hightail it South, we can link up with the Corsairs relatively quickly.

Cons: The Marauder and Pillager can both get in to kick me if they want to risk being shot in the back by you and the Rampage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thetruegentleman posted:

I will always wonder how a bird that can actually manage to fly makes that much loving fat, though.

Fat is a combination floatation device, insulator, and energy storage. Geese need all three. But yes they are pretty heavy birds, which is why they have so much dark meat/long muscle and superpowered breast muscles.

Zaodai posted:

I've always just baked goose like I would a chicken and it's worked fine. Drain the grease off that cooks out, eat the rest. Goose is probably the tastiest of the common game animals in my opinion.

drat, now I want a goose to eat. :saddowns:

Do you not find your oven winds up coated with grease?

thetruegentleman posted:

Also, throwing away the grease seems like such a waste. Maybe I'll be able to give a try sometime though!

If you can keep the charcoal and wood bunt bits out of the drip pan, you can definitely use the grease. You'll have a lot of it. If you want you can reduce it down and then cook pieces of goose in it to make goose confit.
http://frombellytobacon.com/2014/01/21/goose-confit/

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

Zaodai posted:

I've always just baked goose like I would a chicken and it's worked fine.
Isn't the goose bigger, like, too big for the beer can?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Leperflesh posted:

Do you not find your oven winds up coated with grease?

Never had a problem with it, honestly. But I also use tin foil around part of it (so that I can just throw that poo poo a way when I'm done), so that may help. A big roasting pan and tin foil keep the mess contained.

I hate having to clean the drat things before cooking more than I do the cleanup after cooking.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Let's All Play Battletech and Learn How to Properly Cook a Goose. :chef:

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Scintilla posted:

Let's All Play Battletech and Learn How to Properly Cook a Goose. :chef:

Clan ovens cook twice the goose in half the time.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Too bad Clan geese are twice as aggressive and only half as tasty. :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Devorum posted:

Clan ovens cook twice the goose in half the time.

The Dire Goose: A slow clan heavy with maximum standard armor, improved jumpjets, partial wing and UMUs.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Scintilla posted:

Too bad Clan geese are twice as aggressive and only half as tasty. :v:

They're also too stupid to fly in a formation even if it would make them more effective. HONORABLE SOLO MIGRATION ONLY.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Geese are just Clan Ducks.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Zaodai posted:

They're also too stupid to fly in a formation even if it would make them more effective. HONORABLE SOLO MIGRATION ONLY.

Look, if they flew in formation there would be no way they could lose to inner sphere geese.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

God I would kill for some goose confit right about now

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

The Dire Goose: A slow clan heavy with maximum standard armor, improved jumpjets, partial wing and UMUs.

Tragically, no UMUs, but I did make you a Dire Goose. It is only slightly bullshit. I had no idea what weapons would be great on a Dire Goose so I went for the standard "way too many ER PPCs and ER Medium Lasers."

code:
Dire Goose 

Mass: 75 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-D-A
Production Year: 3070
Cost: 18,903,500 C-Bills
Battle Value: 3,384

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 180 meters (210 meters)
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    2  ER PPCs
    7  ER Medium Lasers
    1  ECM Suite
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   114 points                4.00
    Internal Locations: 3 LA, 4 RA
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             300                       9.50
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 6 (7) Improved
    Jump Jet Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT                                        12.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             15(33)                    5.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 231                 14.50

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     23           35        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  11        
                                           L/R Torso     16           24        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  8         
                                             L/R Arm     12           24        
                                             L/R Leg     16           32        

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ECM Suite                                    HD        0         1         1.00
ER Medium Laser                              RT        5         1         1.00
ER Medium Laser                              LT        5         1         1.00
Partial Wing                                 LT/RT     -         3/3       4.00
ER PPC                                       RA        15        2         6.00
2 ER Medium Lasers                           RA        10        2         2.00
ER PPC                                       LA        15        2         6.00
3 ER Medium Lasers                           LA        15        3         3.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 0

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      8    Points: 34
4/7j       5       5       2       0      3     3   Structure:  4
Special Abilities: ECM, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Gwaihir posted:

I think your compatriots were thinking about breaking out- Unfortunately you got knocked on your butt last turn so you don't have great options, but you could mae it to 2114 facing 2014 to protect your back I think.
You're also safe from both Warhammers there, and prooobably also the gray Marauder.

Yea I took a quick look at the map and that's definitely the best spot for me to go.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

MJ12 posted:

Tragically, no UMUs, but I did make you a Dire Goose. It is only slightly bullshit. I had no idea what weapons would be great on a Dire Goose so I went for the standard "way too many ER PPCs and ER Medium Lasers."

snip

I went one further. Took your design, made it Omni, and created something truly evil:

code:
Dire Goose 

Mass: 75 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Chassis Config: Biped Omnimech
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E-A
Production Year: 3070
Cost: 20,572,344 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,163

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 180 meters (210 meters)
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    23.0 tons of pod space.
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   114 points                4.00
    Internal Locations: 3 LA, 4 RA
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             300                       9.50
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 6 (7) Improved
    Jump Jet Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT                                        12.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             12(27)                    2.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 231                 14.50

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     23           35        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  11        
                                           L/R Torso     16           24        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  8         
                                             L/R Arm     12           24        
                                             L/R Leg     16           32        

Partial Wing                                 LT/RT     -         3/3       4.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 22

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      8    Points: 12
4/7j       0       0       0       0      3     0   Structure:  4
Special Abilities: OMNI, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Loadout Name: M                                              Cost: 21,705,469
Tech Rating/Era Availability: X/X-X-X-A                       BV2: 2,026

Jumping MP: 6 (7)  (Improved)
    Jump Jet Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT                                         0.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA    R: SH+UA+LA

ECM Suite                                    HD        0         1         1.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           CT        4         1         2.00
ER Medium Laser                              CT        5         1         1.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           RT        4         1         2.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           LT        4         1         2.00
Claws                                        RA        -         5         5.00
Claws                                        LA        -         5         5.00
Talons                                       LL        -         2         5.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      8    Points: 20
4/7j       4       4       0       0      3     0   Structure:  4
Special Abilities: OMNI, MEL, ECM, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
SQUAWK HONK

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 12, 2015

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Clan Phantom Goose claimed as its totem animal the wildly aggressive Phantom Goose of Ottowa Mecht-eh. When colonists' geese escaped into the wilds of the planet's forest and lake-covered continents, they found themselves at the very top of the food chain. The phantom goose, so named for its adaptive camouflage, is three times the size of a terran goose, and almost five percent more aggressive, making it the most bad-tempered creature in the known galaxy.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

TildeATH posted:

Clan Phantom Goose claimed as its totem animal the wildly aggressive Phantom Goose of Ottowa Mecht-eh. When colonists' geese escaped into the wilds of the planet's forest and lake-covered continents, they found themselves at the very top of the food chain. The phantom goose, so named for its adaptive camouflage, is three times the size of a terran goose, and almost five percent more aggressive, making it the most bad-tempered creature in the known galaxy.

:ohdear:

That might be the most frightening thing imaginable - a goose bigger than my St Bernard.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
One thing I discovered as a maintenance man at a summer camp in my younger days: a good way to piss off the Geese is to walk at the Goslings.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Orders are in. I'm running to 1712, facing 1612, and shooting at Jade Girl, with a contingency if I can't shoot it to target the Pillager, Green Marauder or Grey Marauder instead, in that order of importance. The actual orders are a lot longer, but that's the gist of it, and I don't feel like ruining goosechat by posting a miniature wall of contingencies.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Voyager I posted:

One thing I discovered as a maintenance man at a summer camp in my younger days: a good way to piss off the Geese is to walk at the Goslings.

Quick someone make light mech dire gooslings.

A star: one dire goose and four dire gooslings.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Better yet, make them Battle Armor and have them ride the Dire Goose into battle. An entire Flock of Dire Geese, each one carrying a squad of Dire Goslings.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Orders sent. Running to 1714, facing 1613 and also laying into Jade Girl.

EDIT: Supposing I should have left contingencies in case JG is already toast.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 13, 2015

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
At this rate I am fairly sure that Jade Girl will be nothing more than a smoking pair of legs. Not that I'm complaining, mind. :v:

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Better yet, make them Battle Armor and have them ride the Dire Goose into battle. An entire Flock of Dire Geese, each one carrying a squad of Dire Goslings.

You called?

code:
Dire Gosling
Clan TW

BV: 375
Cost: 5,172,000 C-bills

Movement: 1/1/5

Internal: 5
Armor: 35
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Trooper 1                   1        7
Trooper 2                   1        7
Trooper 3                   1        7
Trooper 4                   1        7
Trooper 5                   1        7

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
Swarm Mek                      Point     0
Attack Swarmed Mek             Point     0
Stop Swarm Attack              Point     0
Leg Attack                     Point     0
Laser Rifle (Mauser IIC IAS) (APM) Point     0
Light Machine Gun (Right arm)  Point     0
Light Machine Gun (Left arm)   Point     0
SRM 2 (OS) (Body)              Point     2

Ammo                           Loc Shots
----------------------------------------
SRM 2 Ammo                     None     1

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
Battle Claw (Left arm)         Point
Battle Claw (Right arm)        Point
BA Stealth (Basic) (Body)      Point
BA Stealth (Basic) (Body)      Point
BA Stealth (Basic) (Right arm) Point
Anti Personnel Weapon Mount (Left arm) Point
2 LMGs doesn't seem like much damage output but it's great for murdering infantry and they have okay range (2/4/6). A single shot SRM-2 gives them an alpha against harder targets and they fly. At the speed of an assault mech, sure, but it's flying. Armor is enough to survive a single ERML hit, so they're reasonably tough for VTOL units. If we're going with the Dire Goose Prime being the 2 ERPPC + 7 ERML config, they back it up fairly well by murdering all the little shits who might be able to take advantage of how those guns are bad at antipersonnel work.

They die really easily to LB-Xs though.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Scintilla posted:

end my movement in hex 0924.

I'm taking 0923 then, and lrming the greenhammer. Here's to 11's!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Krumbsthumbs posted:

..Right? Guys?

AJ_Impy posted:

Turn five, and the orders I submitted were as optimal as I could get them in the circumstance: Maximum possible move mod, optimum throw weight of weapon fire, good position to get a maximum move mod backstab in the following turn. Headcaps happen, we accept them and roll with it.

Also, our coordination was pretty drat good. :colbert:

Maybe because I'm tired because I didn't get a good night's sleep yesterday (getting bitten in the back of the neck by something three times when you're trying to sleep and having it buzz your ear afterwards will do that to you... It was really loving itchy and made me scratch the hell out of the back of my neck since my nails are decently long... Couldn't sleep comfortably afterwards because of the itch balm I put on afterwards, as I didn't want it to get all over my pillowcase and the neck of my pjs, though that was a lost cause...), but I'm having a brain fart over what mission this was in reference to. The only Flashman I remember was in the Death Commandos campaign, so that might be it.

EDIT: Yup, just checked, it was that Flashman, getting headcapped in turn 5 of the first Death Commando mission of that campaign. Man, I forgot how exciting that mission was, and what a waste that shot was, especially for the pilot, cutting short AJ_Impy's turn to have a go.

Now that I look at the OP again, I remembered that Xarbala drew some art of a Flashman when we first got to play one, though I don't remember if it was for that campaign specifically, so that might've been what mixed it up in my mind? I dunno.

Forgot if you guys got the Flashman up and running again in that campaign by installing another head from a salvaged mech onto it, and if AJ got another turn to pilot because of the randomness of that shot cutting his time short, or if he went out awesomely enough for him to decline that chance if PTN offered.

Still, rereading that, the Death Commandos surely delivered, and that's why we're fighting what we're fighting now here. Everything comes around, I guess, and it was quite a :master: of writing (and our votes too, I guess) for PTN to make it turn out like that for all of us reading along at home, making this a great thread to read and re-read whenever I get the chance and don't remember what poo poo has gone down here...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 13, 2015

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

GhostStalker posted:

Maybe because I'm tired because I didn't get a good night's sleep yesterday (getting bitten in the back of the neck by something three times when you're trying to sleep and having it buzz your ear afterwards will do that to you... It was really loving itchy and made me scratch the hell out of the back of my neck since my nails are decently long... Couldn't sleep comfortably afterwards because of the itch balm I put on afterwards, as I didn't want it to get all over my pillowcase and the neck of my pjs, though that was a lost cause...), but I'm having a brain fart over what mission this was in reference to. The only Flashman I remember was in the Death Commandos campaign, so that might be it.

EDIT: Yup, just checked, it was that Flashman, getting headcapped in turn 5 of the first Death Commando mission of that campaign. Man, I forgot how exciting that mission was, and what a waste that shot was, especially for the pilot, cutting short AJ_Impy's turn to have a go.

Now that I look at the OP again, I remembered that Xarbala drew some art of a Flashman when we first got to play one, though I don't remember if it was for that campaign specifically, so that might've been what mixed it up in my mind? I dunno.

Forgot if you guys got the Flashman up and running again in that campaign by installing another head from a salvaged mech onto it, and if AJ got another turn to pilot because of the randomness of that shot cutting his time short, or if he went out awesomely enough for him to decline that chance if PTN offered.

Still, rereading that, the Death Commandos surely delivered, and that's why we're fighting what we're fighting now here. Everything comes around, I guess, and it was quite a :masterstroke: of writing (and our votes too, I guess) for PTN to make it turn out like that for all of us reading along at home, making this a great thread to read and re-read whenever I get the chance and don't remember what poo poo has gone down here...

Yeah, I went and reread some of that campaign, including my doomed turn in which I drew fire from the whole OpFor.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
It was certainly fun playing in the final two missions for the Death Commando campaign. Looking at the players in the second mission it looks like AJ_Impy got a second go and proceeded to get the mech shot up in a more exciting manner. They fixed it up with a Battlemaster Cockpit for a +2 Piloting penalty.

I remember that the penultimate mission was fairly short and action light so PTN let us come back for the final mission and that one ended up being 30 updates. I'm glad the results of the campaign are still being felt. I deliberated on each turn a little too much since I didn't want to mess everything up right at the end of the campaign.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Farseli posted:

It was certainly fun playing in the final two missions for the Death Commando campaign. Looking at the players in the second mission it looks like AJ_Impy got a second go and proceeded to get the mech shot up in a more exciting manner. They fixed it up with a Battlemaster Cockpit for a +2 Piloting penalty.

I remember that the penultimate mission was fairly short and action light so PTN let us come back for the final mission and that one ended up being 30 updates. I'm glad the results of the campaign are still being felt. I deliberated on each turn a little too much since I didn't want to mess everything up right at the end of the campaign.

I seem to recall that fight involved you taking on a battalion of mechs, so a bit of care would be expected. I need to re-read some of those older updates.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Farseli posted:

LeadSled posted:

I seem to recall that fight involved you taking on a battalion of mechs, so a bit of care would be expected. I need to re-read some of those older updates.

Yeah, it was a battalion, versus the remains of a Death Commandos battalion consolidated into a short company of damaged, jury-repaired, and salvaged mechs with injured pilots and bondsmen plus a Star of Clan warriors who had some superficial damage, IIRC. But that Kestrel Grenadiers battalion didn't deploy all at once, they came in by lance or company from dropships, which made them somewhat easier to deal with, though they could drop into advantageous positions to fire on GoonCompany or GoonStar.

The kill competition for the overall fate of the campaign was cool as well, wound up being pretty much a tie, right? And then the fluff at the end of it all but eliminated the respect that Hell's Horses would've developed for the Death Commandos had they survived and been able to report in or whatever. Still, in character and all that, and the effects of that result have more than made up for that, especially here.

The mission was still nail-biting, even with the disparity in pilot skill and relative equipment advantages, though the Grenadiers did have a couple of new top line mechs attempting to close the distance in technology. It was great to read through once again, and the ending was amazing. Great to see its effects making impacts, especially here in this mission/mini-campaign. Can't wait to see what builds on this one, and where we go from here with PTN's writing.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 13, 2015

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012
Wolverine II

I submitted the following:

I jump to 0921 facing either 0920 or 1020, which ever allows me LOS to the green warhammer.

I fire my gauss rifle at the green warhammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
I don't know why, but when everyone decided to design geese base mechs, I was hoping someone designed one based off the food truck vehicle. The mighty clan assault diner or soemthing.

• Locked thread