Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Aardmania posted:

Gil 08/24/14

Dude is a terrible dad. The proper answer to those questions is "Of course I'm not scared, Gil. Why, just last week some bad guys / evil cyborgs tried it, and just let me tell you how your old man handled the situation..."

Broom Hilda

Mutant Children <3 Scrapbooking!

Heavenly Nostrils

Big Nate

Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I've missed Heavenly Nostrils. :buddy: Good to see it back.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

That's some epic level smug going on

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aren't these losers supposed to be 19-20 year old college students? Christ, even I was less of a square at that age.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Jesus christ, Nancy, Sluggo's outright destitute. Just let him have his fun playing pretend without giving him a hard time, you know he can't afford any nice new toys for christmas like you can.

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland

Ripley's

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

The art in this "Marital Mirth" strip looks somehow different than usual.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (June 28, 1929)

Max Fleischer will get the contract to make Popeye cartoons in November 1932, and the first one will debut on July 14, 1933, a little over four years from now. In that time we have to bring Popeye back into the strip, make him Olive's boyfriend, introduce his eating spinach as a source for strength, create the characters of Wimpy, Bluto, and Swee'Pea, and establish all of that as routine so people will expect that from a Popeye cartoon. Do you think we can make it at this pace?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Well, presumably a lot of them were shanghai'd just like Diana and were working with the pirates under duress. Hang 'em high, I guess.

Radio Patrol

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (December 11-12, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Four (October 29-November 1, 1953)

Back To B.C.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Radio Patrol has the laziest police ever; literally sending a child to do their work for them.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nice mid-2000s webcomic.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 08/31/14

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

No problem. Just get Sam to take care of it and then send the bill to Rocky.

9 Chickweed Lane

That's bound to happen when every character in this strip looks and dresses the same.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is just classic Ra.

F Minus

Maybe it's a Hitler.

Mary Worth

Yes, the elderly childless woman is the real expert on properly raising and supporting a child's development.

Rex Morgan MD

"But we can't afford a school like that!"
"OH JUNE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT FOR PRECIOUS SARAH WE WILL PAY FOR IT BLARGH!"

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

"Just shut up and cook the food, Tommie."

So I was way off on Tommie's first appearance. I do like Margo's Zatanna/Sailor Moon outfit though.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Selachian posted:

Can Gunther be Osiris? 'cause I want to see him get torn into twenty-six pieces and scattered all over.

So Gunther has no penis? Yeah, I guess that fits.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (December 6, 1950)

Barnaby (May 13, 1942)

Nancy (January 21, 1943)

Krazy Kat (June 23, 1929)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wait, isn't that Horus?

(5 minutes of google later)

Oh. Images of Ra and Horus are different depending on what hat they're wearing. Carry on then.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Your edits are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your webcomic.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Wait, isn't that Horus?
Horus is Ra. See also: Amun, Aten, and Khepri.

Basically it turns out that when the sun is inarguably the most important deity, then the easiest way to get people to take your tribal deity seriously is to make them also the sun - but maybe they're the sun in the afternoon? Or the sun when it's twilight! or the sun when he's fighting his way through the underworld! Either way they are the most important!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Eric is young, scrappy, and hungry.

A3G

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

greatn posted:

A3G

:perfect: Do it for America!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

greatn posted:

A3G

I am fully invested in Apartment 3G like never before.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I support further attempts to change the bad characters of Luann into Egyptian gods.

I don't think there's enough Egyptian gods for that.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Wait, isn't that Horus?

(5 minutes of google later)

Oh. Images of Ra and Horus are different depending on what hat they're wearing. Carry on then.

I had to cut off the big sun on his head because it took up to much space. Who knew the sun was so big?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

Peanuts (December 13, 1968)

Another Goddamn Day Of This Crap

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (June 29, 1929)

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

This week of funky has just been the most tedious poo poo

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

It's weird when the strongest complaint I can muster is "This isn't even the most competently executed version of an entitled white guy bitching about PC RUN AMOK :supaburn: on the comics page right now," but in some way that's the true essence of Batiuk's writing.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

EasyEW posted:

Another Goddamn Day Of This Crap

What the gently caress has been going on here for the past, what, 7 strips? Is there a point to all this besides "PC people are annoying"? Pretty sure christians think there is a war on christmas annually so maybe he should joke about that next.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cosima posted:

What the gently caress has been going on here for the past, what, 7 strips? Is there a point to all this besides "PC people are annoying"? Pretty sure christians think there is a war on christmas annually so maybe he should joke about that next.

Tom Batiuk working up to the story of saint cancerwife, now in musical form!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

"Town" is a word used often in rural areas too, ya know.

Gosh, Batiuk's a hack.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set rewards talent.

Working Daze admits it's copying someone.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix makes a three-year-old joke.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

So is he there to keep Victoria's Secret a secret? Is that what the scientists research uncovered?

Man, corporate espionage is weird.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

So did your dad, I'm sure.

Gloomy Rube posted:

"Town" is a word used often in rural areas too, ya know.

Gosh, Batiuk's a hack.

That's the point :ssh:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Wanamingo posted:

That's the point :ssh:

I thought the point was that batiuk ought to have his dreams come true and get cancer just like his precious Lisa.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze admits it's copying someone.

Zakour/Roberts really are loving obsessed with that water bottle.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think it was like 2 or 3 weeks ago I mentioned it and yea it's been in like every strip this week. Or at least every strip the boss char appears in. Also are there any comic strips where the head boss isn't evil and or incompetent? I suppose you're supposed to sympathize with the manager in Retail but I dunno there. It is probably hard to sympathize with the person in charge when you think about it haha.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Helicity posted:

Zakour/Roberts really are loving obsessed with that water bottle.

No, you see it's a character defining trait.

Again, I quote the Working Daze Wikipedia page, which is indeed a thing:

quote:

The most familiar aspect of Roberts' Rita is the ever present water bottle in her fist. This appeared in the first week of new strip, and then on and off for while, until it became almost inseparable. When asked why it was there, Roberts explained that it was inspired by a piece in TIME Magazine about bottled water. The article indicated that women were more prone than men to carry it, and often as a fashion accessory. Roberts chose to make it more like a talisman for Rita, or a kind of security blanket. She is only complete when she has it. She can also occasionally use it as a weapon, like a blackjack.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Without a literal wikipedia entry saying it's a water bottle there's no loving way I would have picked that that thing was supposed to be a water bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Broom Hilda

Gasoline Alley

So today we learn that the kid’s name is Boog. I don’t know which is worse- naming your kid Boog, or making him go to school every day with his name printed in big letters on his shirt.
His parents must really hate that boy is what I’m saying.

Heavenly Nostrils

Big Nate

Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac Prime avatar material ahoy!

• Locked thread