Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm sitting here eating dinner getting flashbacks to that room in chapter 4 with the two blind guys and two of the weakest bozos who rush you and force you to fire your gun and having to take a break and calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Tfw you walk back into the village chiefs bedroom at chapter start :wth:
lol, I did that and forgot that that happened and got quite a start. What was he doing in there, just hanging out writing those memos?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the blind guys are just about the best and most horrifying enemy in a game. Nothing else I've encountered really makes me just pause and calm myself. It's awful! It's so good!!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

I forget chapter numbers but there's a chapter that ends after you read a letter that's sitting on the village chiefs bed and the next chapter starts outside his bedroom door. If you walk back in he appears and fucks you up in a cutscene

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's 2-1. I tried it and got a nice surprise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love all the work that went into such goofy one off death animations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That's awesome lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

It's one of the most lovingly and meticulously crafted games I've ever played.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the village chief is the only competent villain in the franchise and the only reason leon doesnt get instantly owned is because he reports to salazar

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
There really is a crazy amount of detail in this game, I've played it probably a dozen times but find something new every time. I even kind of like the dumb bonus modes you can unlock even though no one ever talks about them.

E: Speaking of the chief's house, did you find the room with the urinal?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the bonus modes are the best part of RE4 IMO. mercenaries changed my life, it's even better in RE5 even though the actual campaign isn't super great

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I have unlocked the Handcannon on two non-consecutive occasions on Wii. Mercenaries is extremely my poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

the bonus modes are the best part of RE4 IMO. mercenaries changed my life, it's even better in RE5 even though the actual campaign isn't super great

Mercenaries is definitely the best but shines the most when you're playing as HUNK, Krauser or Wesker. Let me do stuff I can't do in the base game like shoot arrows, snap necks, and dragon punch people. Also I wish Wesker's silencer was in the single player campaign, even if there aren't a whole lot of places where it pays to be stealthy.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I made the mistake of playing RE5 as Sheva before and I keep forgetting Leon's right handed and I end up ineffectually rubbing a lefty corner while accomplishing nothing.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jyrraeth posted:

I made the mistake of playing RE5 as Sheva before and I keep forgetting Leon's right handed and I end up ineffectually rubbing a lefty corner while accomplishing nothing.

umm o.o .... what?

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

just trying to line up so you're halfway around a corner but if its on the wrong side u accomplish nothing

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

rediscover posted:

umm o.o .... what?

Sheva controls from the opposite side of the screen because she's left-handed and it can be confusing. In RE 6 you can actually change what side of the screen you're on by clicking in the stick but in 5 you're stuck.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jyrraeth posted:

just trying to line up so you're halfway around a corner but if its on the wrong side u accomplish nothing

codenameFANGIO posted:

Sheva controls from the opposite side of the screen because she's left-handed and it can be confusing. In RE 6 you can actually change what side of the screen you're on by clicking in the stick but in 5 you're stuck.

rediscover posted:

umm o.o .... what?

Comprende now, mother fucker?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Yes.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

finished the game myself last night, p good. Though I felt like it could've skipped the whole thing with Mike, it was p lame

Are the Ada campaigns any good?

e: I'm glad the reverse iron maidens liked to amble down the centre of hallways so i didn't have to rub anymore walls in confusion

Jyrraeth fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 12, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Assignment Ada is bad Separate Ways is really good.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Evil Eagle posted:

Assignment Ada is bad Separate Ways is really good.

though it's pretty obvious when you play Separate Ways that it was mainly designed to show off how many more enemies the PS2 could have on-screen at once compared to the original Gamecube version, because there are a bunch of places where the game throws a whole bunch of dudes at you all in one big clump like they just fell out of a clown car instead of pacing them out like in the main game

also it's real easy to die in the fight on the battleship without even knowing how you died

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

gtrmp posted:

though it's pretty obvious when you play Separate Ways that it was mainly designed to show off how many more enemies the PS2 could have on-screen at once compared to the original Gamecube version, because there are a bunch of places where the game throws a whole bunch of dudes at you all in one big clump like they just fell out of a clown car instead of pacing them out like in the main game

Counterpoint: Separate Ways looks really rough compared to the main game if you're on the Wii version and can look at them "side by side". Still fun but you can tell it was made for a PS2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The part with Mike is awesome

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I'm playing the 360HD version and yeah, Separate ways looks really rough. I played through the first two chapters of separate ways and it got better than the first half of the first one. Been running past a lot of poo poo because I just don't want to deal with a big blob of dudes constantly

In Training posted:

The part with Mike is awesome

mike took his sweet time shooting poo poo down and it all felt too american for me

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I have five stars on three of the five mercenaries characters. I am going to unlock this fuckin hand cannon

The characters I have left are Leon and Ada :C

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started this game again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I started this game again.

ng+ or pro mode??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

ng+ or pro mode??

Pro Mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died in the first path on Professional. They don't gently caress around here.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I died in the first path on Professional. They don't gently caress around here.

if you only have 4 bars of health the next hit will probably kill you on pro, it's sick

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Professional gets absurd and I can only complete it on the Wii. Good luck, gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its really loving hard. I can't get past the first village.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So does RE5 just not work on Pc or what. Because if thats the case over half the games in that capcom humble bundle were just incompatible with modern PC software. Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nevermind its working.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is weird. It's like somebody half remembering RE4 and trying to remake it in the Gears of War engine.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

This game is weird. It's like somebody half remembering RE4 and trying to remake it in the Gears of War engine.

It's a real turd.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

it only gets a pass because it mimics one of the best games ever. the mandatory AI co-op shouldve gotten someone fired but it's still intact in RE6 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are good moments, a lot of the boss fights are amazing. but it's hard to compete with art

• Locked thread