Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I love teh ipade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm happy to be wrong, not only because my ipad owns but also because my aapl has almost quadrupled in the meantime

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Stymie was right

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fabricated posted:

Stymie was right

ipad is dying?

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

zen death robot posted:

cremnob has been here for awhile now

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Apple’s first ever battery iPhone case has generated a range of reactions and emotions. Some people simply can’t get over the hump.

I caught up with Apple CEO Tim Cook, who was in town to participate in an Hour of Code event, to take his temperature on the $99 iPhone 6 and 6s case, with the noticeable battery pack hump on its back.

We asked Cook if he is excited about the hump.

“You know, I probably wouldn’t call it ‘the hump,'” said Cook, who added he was aware of the comments surrounding the Smart Battery Case.

“As you probably know from being a user of this now,” said Cook as he grabbed my iPhone 6, which was sporting the new case, “one of the real insights here is, have you ever used other cases and tried to get them on?”

Cook was pointing out the issue with cases, like those from Mophie, that are so rigid it takes considerable strength and patience to put them on and take them off.

“If you make this solid all the way across,” said Cook, indicating the spots where the Apple case’s embedded battery stops and you just have the soft fluoroelastomer casing, “in order to get it on, you’d find it very difficult to get it on and off.”

“So the guys had this great insight to put the bend in along with making it a smart case,” Cook explained.

Some also see the introduction of an Apple battery case as an admission that battery life on the iPhone 6 and 6s isn’t all it should be.

Cook, though, said that “if you’re charging your phone every day, you probably don’t need this at all. But if you’re out hiking and you go on overnight trips… it’s kind of nice to have.”

Apple’s VP of software engineering Cheryl Thomas, who was also at the event and had been listening to Cook's description of Smart Battery Case usage scenarios, then chimed in. “When you need it, you need it.”

Cook laughed and agreed, “When you need it, you need it. That’s right.”

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
teh iphoen bends

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

Apple’s first ever battery iPhone case has generated a range of reactions and emotions. Some people simply can’t get over the hump.

I caught up with Apple CEO Tim Cook, who was in town to participate in an Hour of Code event, to take his temperature on the $99 iPhone 6 and 6s case, with the noticeable battery pack hump on its back.

“You know, I probably wouldn’t call it ‘the hump,'” said Cook, who added he was aware of the comments surrounding the Smart Battery Case.

“As you probably know from being a user of this now,” said Cook as he grabbed my iPhone 6, which was sporting the new case, “one of the real insights here is, have you ever used other cases and tried to get them on?”

Cook was pointing out the issue with cases, like those from Mophie, that are so rigid it takes considerable strength and patience to put them on and take them off.

“If you make this solid all the way across,” said Cook, indicating the spots where the Apple case’s embedded battery stops and you just have the soft fluoroelastomer casing, “in order to get it on, you’d find it very difficult to get it on and off.”

“So the guys had this great insight to put the bend in along with making it a smart case,” Cook explained.

Some also see the introduction of an Apple battery case as an admission that battery life on the iPhone 6 and 6s isn’t all it should be.

Cook, though, said that “if you’re charging your phone every day, you probably don’t need this at all. But if you’re out hiking and you go on overnight trips… it’s kind of nice to have.”

Apple’s VP of software engineering Cheryl Thomas, who was also at the event and had been listening to Cook's description of Smart Battery Case usage scenarios, then chimed in. “When you need it, you need it.”

"we made the case bendy so it would always fit w/ the phone"

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

the correct answer is if you need it you're using it wrong

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

nerds don't recognize a successful product even when steve pushes their nose in it

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

remember when everyone was guessing the ipad would cost $1000?

and then bam, $499 :allears:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/11/9891696/tesla-leather-iphone-case-6-plus

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
my iPhone gets good battery life, but I also don't use it when I'm hiking

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

truly IT nerd opinions are the worst

although I can recall thinking all the same things at the time

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

VCs must be really leaning on musk to stop the dumpster fire of cash burn

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

i wish i had a link to that thread so i could see what my opinion was at the time

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

i love the way that the ipad has failed before its even on sale

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Thank you.

Looks like my trademark deadpan irony has saved my blushes yet again.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

god drat marco is such a fuccboi. good thing siracusa shut him down

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SO DEMANDING posted:

remember when everyone was guessing the ipad would cost $1000?

and then bam, $499 :allears:

and then 5 years later, microsoft proves them right

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

same, although then when i had a use case for owning an ipad (a long rear end commute where i wasn't driving) it worked really well

but now that i don't i gave my old one to my dad and don't plan on getting another one

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
yospos is basically wrong about everything all the time but it's a random subset of yosposters

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

“one of the real insights here is, have you ever used other cases and tried to get them on?”

so insightful
much bend

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shaggar posted:

"we made the case bendy so it would always fit w/ the phone"

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the ipad was a pretty useless device and tablets have been supplanted by phablets and larger phones.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Shaggar posted:

the ipad was a pretty useless device and tablets have been supplanted by phablets and larger phones.

then why is microsoft so obsessed with tablet/laptop hybrids

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
why is apple so obsessed with microsoft being obsessed about convertible laptops

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

cremnob posted:

god drat marco is such a fuccboi. good thing siracusa shut him down
latest atp is a good one then?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

at least the surface is a tablet that runs an os capable of more than browsing or making a word document

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

haha excellent

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I have an iPad, but i don't really need one. I can do most web browsing on a phone, but i prefer ipad when watching videos when I'm away from home, so maybe 3-4 times per year

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the ipad is the pro travel device

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

I think it comes down to the software, Microsoft is presumably pestered by lovely managers wanting to save pennies by not having separate desktop, tablet, phone apps and development teams.

Most of what Microsoft does is pushed by lovely managers, they're certainly not listening to users after all.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

born on a buy you posted:

the ipad is the pro travel device

yep

it's the best unnecessary consumer electronics device

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

but how will I run my great windows apps and LOB software?!?!??!!!!1!!1

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MrMoo posted:

I think it comes down to the software, Microsoft is presumably pestered by lovely managers wanting to save pennies by not having separate desktop, tablet, phone apps and development teams.

Most of what Microsoft does is pushed by lovely managers, they're certainly not listening to users after all.

I think what we are seeing now is the tail end of the balmer AIDS. the new guy seems good.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

triple sulk posted:

at least the surface is a tablet that runs an os capable of more than browsing or making a word document

but if tablets aren't important than why shoehorn a desktop os into one and piss off users

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Kenny Logins posted:

about to take the dogge for a walk. hope it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

marco was doing his "if u want to be cynical" gimmick and then u can hear siracusa get heated for a nanosecond

the only reason marco has these "cynical" takes is that hes a moneygrubbing miser himself who likes to count apple's money

• Locked thread