Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Mesadoram posted:

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Congrats man.

oh its not mine. haha.
I wouldnt sell that if I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

Zedtime really shows this, try dumping in zed and watch your bullets fly all over the place. They deviate from point of aim pretty hard if you fire rapidly. I assume it's similar in regular time as well but I don't know for sure.

It looks to me like the guns are hitscan normally, but act as ballistic projectiles during zedtime. Firing a decent distance in slow-mo can be quite hard to do accurately. Or I suck, which is more likely I guess.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gromit posted:

It looks to me like the guns are hitscan normally, but act as ballistic projectiles during zedtime. Firing a decent distance in slow-mo can be quite hard to do accurately. Or I suck, which is more likely I guess.

I know that part, I just mean the deviation from point of aim (the "cone of fire") or whatever seems to be very large when you rapidfire Gunslinger akimbos, but that when you fire steadily, it's not.

this is my experience as well - if I tap slowly I get headshot after headshot. If I spam, I don't. On the other hand opinion != data and all.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

For the 50th time, all guns are histscan except for shotguns, demo weapons, and firebug.

Everything moves to projectile during ZED time. This is dev confirmed, not speculation.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I like to play as Briar with a ski mask and green clothes so it's like I'm an MGS Guard who got caught in the wrong game.

I also like to play as Classic Briar and Masterson with white hair and clear glasses so I can be Somebody's Dad and Math Teacher, respectively.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mr Tastee posted:

I also like to play as Classic Briar and Masterson with white hair and clear glasses so I can be Somebody's Dad and Math Teacher, respectively.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

CaudaVenenus posted:

I'm trying to get a feel for the most efficient way to play gunslinger. Do you recommend going a bit slower but lining up headshots as much as possible (like a commando will typically play) or rather shooting faster but aiming for the center of the pack, trusting penetration and the high damage per bullet to get the job done ?

With the exception of Firebug, every class in this game (even Bezerker) benefits more from careful, deliberate aiming than praying and spraying.

Of course theres moments where it`s necessary to just unload your clip, like when a Scrake is in your face, but even then. If you can hipfire a full mag into the scrake`s head rather than his body it`s way better.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I had promised myself I would buy this game with the Gunslinger update (gunslinger best class) but I installed for the free weekend and this game just isn't clicking with me like KF1 was. Does it just feel stingy to everybody else? Stingy with cash, stingy with ammo. I loved KF1 because there was nothing more fun than blowing through SA80 or AK47 ammo without a care in the world, and I always made enough cash to restock every round. There was always enough money to mix and match perk weapons to make any gimmick loadout you wanted no matter what perk you played (assuming you weren't playing terribly and not getting kills). Obviously you can still mix and match perk weapons but there just never seems to be enough flexibility- like I want to roll hunting shotgun with a gunslinger pistol in KF2, and it wipes out all my cash without even having enough to fill ammo. I can't remember a round where I filled up ammo, armor and grenades And sell prices seem way too low also.

I love the visuals of this game but the sound experience isn't very good to me, for example I can barely hear the pump shotgun pumping which kills the feel of using a pump shotgun, most of the gunshots are amazing but there are noticeably bad ones that sound like they're just placeholders until the "real" sound gets made (9mm, SA80, SCAR all sound hollow and tinny, they don't fit with the rest of the weapons). Everything is cool and satisfying but for some reason it's not quite as good as KF1 was, and I can't put my finger down on any one reason. But I think if I just want the goofy casual experience with lots of ammo I got from KF1 on Hard, I'll just stick with playing KF1.

Oh and leveling is pissing me off still.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone having crashing problems? Like crashing on every single transition?

Quitting to desktop, quitting to menu and everything single map transition crashes the game.

Card is Nvidia 980ti, completely up to date on drivers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CJacobs posted:

Ah, okay. At first I thought you were being unreasonable but turns out you're just stupid, got it.

I am talking about the game and not making GBS threads up the fourm with tears.
What are you doing?

Anyway, do you guys find commandos useful before level 25? Want an alt to medical and pyro, not sure which class to work on next.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Bilal posted:

I had promised myself I would buy this game with the Gunslinger update (gunslinger best class) but I installed for the free weekend and this game just isn't clicking with me like KF1 was. Does it just feel stingy to everybody else? Stingy with cash, stingy with ammo. I loved KF1 because there was nothing more fun than blowing through SA80 or AK47 ammo without a care in the world, and I always made enough cash to restock every round. There was always enough money to mix and match perk weapons to make any gimmick loadout you wanted no matter what perk you played (assuming you weren't playing terribly and not getting kills). Obviously you can still mix and match perk weapons but there just never seems to be enough flexibility- like I want to roll hunting shotgun with a gunslinger pistol in KF2, and it wipes out all my cash without even having enough to fill ammo. I can't remember a round where I filled up ammo, armor and grenades And sell prices seem way too low also.

I love the visuals of this game but the sound experience isn't very good to me, for example I can barely hear the pump shotgun pumping which kills the feel of using a pump shotgun, most of the gunshots are amazing but there are noticeably bad ones that sound like they're just placeholders until the "real" sound gets made (9mm, SA80, SCAR all sound hollow and tinny, they don't fit with the rest of the weapons). Everything is cool and satisfying but for some reason it's not quite as good as KF1 was, and I can't put my finger down on any one reason. But I think if I just want the goofy casual experience with lots of ammo I got from KF1 on Hard, I'll just stick with playing KF1.

Oh and leveling is pissing me off still.

No, I think you're right. They dropped ammo counts a while ago and the game suffers for it in my opinion (and a lot of people) because they seem ... I don't know. Everything powerful or good in KF1 they've nerfed, like they're afraid to let the players be strong. I would prefer more zeds instead of more ammo nerfs. It's not just ammo, but they do seem bound and determined to reduce and reduce player power.

it used to be worse, they completely destroyed support in a beta patch that got mostly reverted due to everone outside of TWI saying "what the gently caress is wrong with you" but the Commando ammo nerfs which stuck around were 200% unnecessary.

I hope they can get a little more confidence in themselves and actually let players be strong without thinking this will somehow ruin the KF2 Experience, but my advice for anyone considering buying in is: Don't. Not yet. Keep it on your radar and check in next sale, but not today.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 12, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

I hope they can get a little more confidence in themselves and actually let players be strong without thinking this will somehow ruin the KF2 Experience, but my advice for anyone considering buying in is: Don't. Not yet. Keep it on your radar and check in next sale, but not today.

This makes me sad, but is true. Game is great but it is not worth burning yourself off on it right now. More classes and maps will help it out a ton, if they can pump out content a little faster it can be a really fantastic game.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah, gunslinger is real good. The zed-time firing animation for the .500 Mag is just beautiful.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I actually like carrying a single .500 mag when I'm berserking, especially if i'm just pubbing on hard. I ended up carrying a pub team ludicrously hard (as in, I was the only one left alive half way in to the wave) up to wave 10 where i finally got overwhelmed. It was interesting being able to stumble scrakes/fleshpounds with the .500 mag from range and then just clowning them with the pulverizer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

dual deagles are possibly the best off-perk purchase anyone can make, but a 500 is never wrong either

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I am actually having a lot of fun playing medic in normal and hard games right now due to the free weekend.
It's like a meta "keep the noobs alive" game that actually makes playing medic worthwhile.
While I do it I give them soothing advice over mic.

"Press Q to quick heal"
"don't forget you can use your grenades"
"stay in a group"
"aim at the Fleshpound's head"
"call out to your teammates if you see a Scrake or Fleshpound"
"take down the Siren quickly"
"don't throw grenades at the siren"

Really basic stuff we take for granted, but the new guys haven't got a clue.
Everyone has been appreciative so far.
Heck, a couple folks even started asking me questions directly.
Just trying to build good will and get more people playing the Killing Floor Part 2

Also helping me level my Medic!

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 12, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Psion posted:

dual deagles are possibly the best off-perk purchase anyone can make, but a 500 is never wrong either

500 is like the desert eagle five oh, but you get an extra oh to go with it because you're going to splooge twice when you realize that poo poo not only wrecks gorefasts in a bodyshot, but it'll kill at least two clots from overpenetration and it staggers nearby clots when you hit one.

I was half expecting it to just loving break the siren's armor but alas.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mr Tastee posted:

I like to play as Briar with a ski mask and green clothes so it's like I'm an MGS Guard who got caught in the wrong game.

Masterson with red hair and sunglasses looks exactly like my friend's Uncle Dave so I play as him

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FAUXTON posted:

I was half expecting it to just loving break the siren's armor but alas.

Well it does knock them down on their rear end with a headshot :v:

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I got the same purple headband drop twice and the second one hasn't appeared in my inventory. Is this "Working as expected."?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

frozenpeas posted:

I got the same purple headband drop twice and the second one hasn't appeared in my inventory. Is this "Working as expected."?

There was a bug previously where you would get the same item over and over but only the first occurrence of it was real. One of the last patches was supposed to fix that, I think.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I got a dupe drop today so I don't think they've fixed it yet.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I got a UBS drive for my second drop.
Gonna crack it open for some sweet weapon skins.

Edit: got a Dragonfire shotty skin.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 12, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not gonna lie headshotting fuckers with the S&Ws is loving awesome.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Flipswitch posted:

Not gonna lie headshotting fuckers with the S&Ws is loving awesome.

It's got a real satisfying pop to it.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Got to love these weekenders.
I have more fun in normal than hard.
normal people recognize they are new. They actually listen.
The weekenders in Hard think they are all hot poo poo. watched a guy hold weld a door and then watched the door explode predictably.. the whole team got swamped.
regardless of how many times I kept saying stop welding.
Playing like it's KF1. SMDH.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Got to love these weekenders.
I have more fun in normal than hard.
normal people recognize they are new. They actually listen.
The weekenders in Hard think they are all hot poo poo. watched a guy hold weld a door and then watched the door explode predictably.. the whole team got swamped.
regardless of how many times I kept saying stop welding.
Playing like it's KF1. SMDH.

I got a dude who took my friend's .500 when he died and promptly kept it for himself, even though we saw that he knew how to drop weapons. My friend blocked him from going to the trader and explained he would until he gave the gun back, which the guy naturally never did, opting instead to call my friend an idiot. During the round after that, he got himself and a demo killed by pissing off a Fleshpound with that very same .500 (which he also didn't die with because he tried to heal himself as he died). When we tried to votekick him, though, everyone else including the demo thought he was too valuable to the team and voted no. To show his thanks, he stole the RPG the demo dropped and immediately sold it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Turns out

the real monsters

were the players all along

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

She Bangs the Drums posted:

I got a UBS drive for my second drop.
Gonna crack it open for some sweet weapon skins.

Edit: got a Dragonfire shotty skin.

Wait, you only get one item per USB? That's kinda lame.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Noob question: why is it that my sticks of dynamite will sometimes just fizzle out without exploding?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

PantsBandit posted:

Noob question: why is it that my sticks of dynamite will sometimes just fizzle out without exploding?

Siren screams will destroy any explosives. Sometimes the visual red 'aura' of the scream doesn't match its actual affected area though.

So what seems like a safe area to throw an explosive ends up getting eaten by it anyway.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Away all Goats posted:

Siren screams will destroy any explosives. Sometimes the visual red 'aura' of the scream doesn't match its actual affected area though.

So what seems like a safe area to throw an explosive ends up getting eaten by it anyway.

Cool that explains it.

One more question, I guess Hans whats his face has explosive resistance. So as a demo player, should I just sell my high value explosive weapons in favor of other guns? It doesn't seem like there's any use for them in the final round.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

PantsBandit posted:

Cool that explains it.

One more question, I guess Hans whats his face has explosive resistance. So as a demo player, should I just sell my high value explosive weapons in favor of other guns? It doesn't seem like there's any use for them in the final round.

Yes. Both Hans and Patriarch are resistant to explosions. Switch to Support and grab an AA-12 for the last wave.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Psion posted:

No, I think you're right. They dropped ammo counts a while ago and the game suffers for it in my opinion (and a lot of people) because they seem ... I don't know. Everything powerful or good in KF1 they've nerfed, like they're afraid to let the players be strong. I would prefer more zeds instead of more ammo nerfs. It's not just ammo, but they do seem bound and determined to reduce and reduce player power.

it used to be worse, they completely destroyed support in a beta patch that got mostly reverted due to everone outside of TWI saying "what the gently caress is wrong with you" but the Commando ammo nerfs which stuck around were 200% unnecessary.

It's that weird sort of difficulty where the game feels hostile to the player. Players dying and respawning is another example. Get caught up on a park bench and one-shotted? Time to respawn with nothing but your medic pistol on round 8. Pubbie randomly joins your hard match? Doesn't matter if he's a level 0 Berzerker, you get the same difficulty jumps as you normally would.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 13, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I was just in a game with a Berserker who kited Hans for 45 minutes straight on Hard as the only one alive, taking occasional potshots at him with the Pulverizer. He won.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It'd be cool if the gunslinger's dual pistol secondary aiming mode had you fire one pistol, centered down the sight, until its mag was empty, then you would sight up with the other pistol and fire it until its mag was empty.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yes. Both Hans and Patriarch are resistant to explosions. Switch to Support and grab an AA-12 for the last wave.

Where does it say Pat is explosive resistant?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

voltcatfish posted:

I was just in a game with a Berserker who kited Hans for 45 minutes straight on Hard as the only one alive, taking occasional potshots at him with the Pulverizer. He won.

I had to do that for like 15 minutes in a match, thank god he was on his last heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Skoll posted:

Where does it say Pat is explosive resistant?

The datamined googledoc thing tells me he takes 0.6x explosive damage