Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Levantine posted:

Are you using the Photon Saber skill that unlocks for Galactic Knight? It generates lots of bonus TP when used from the front. You may have to slot it manually because it unlocks when you have a full Art Palette.

Essence exchange from Yelv's affinity is also pretty broken for photon saber TP maintenance. You can use it out of combat and then just regen all the lost HP really quickly. Just don't use it at 0 TP unless you have Arts: Gain TP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Can you not give collectibles to party members for affinity like in the last game? If not, poo poo, I need to somehow get some affinity with Lao before I can continue the main story. lovely gate.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Levantine posted:

Are you using the Photon Saber skill that unlocks for Galactic Knight? It generates lots of bonus TP when used from the front. You may have to slot it manually because it unlocks when you have a full Art Palette.

Yeah, but even at rank 3 it's something like 4 hits at 60 TP each every 45 seconds. It's alright but I'm looking for more.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

enojy posted:

Can you not give collectibles to party members for affinity like in the last game? If not, poo poo, I need to somehow get some affinity with Lao before I can continue the main story. lovely gate.

Do Normal Missions with him. They generate a ton of affinity.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

enojy posted:

You should be able to stick him in your party and check the mission board for stuff you can instantly complete to get a chunk of affinity. Other than that, take him out with just your avatar and trigger some soul voices, that builds it pretty quickly as well.

It is pretty dumb that certain affinity missions gate off the main story, especially with such a huge list of party members.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not to sound cliché, but this world sucks!

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Ethiser posted:

Where is the skell gas station?

One thing I do when I can't be bothered to go out and bind enemies, is I slot in some augments that increase fuel gain while the Skell is parked. The XX version isn't too bad to make since it just requires 5 Amber Aetrygon horns and 1 Marine Rutile, and it adds 2 units of fuel per second. It also slots into the Skell Frame so you don't have to worry about opening any slots on the armor.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The wind blows hard in December
Our last fight, do you remember?
Counting the days, since we left
You and I, slipping away
The Days gone by when you loved me
No way, the way you now treat me
Pouring wine into my glass
Looking back to where we were?
There's no direction for us
Here it comes the endless fight
Show us the light, for now
Show us a sign for where we can go
Into the cave with no guiding light
Do you know...?
Where is the goal?
Don't just follow
We can try, because we're living now
It's bitter, so many sorrows
But we can swallow
It's gonna be our hardest times
Every time I ask the smallest thing
You get mad or just ignore
I don't want to hear
How long we've been here
There's no chance for fear
It's uncontrollable
All things gone from left to right
And this world is changing fast
It's hard to find an answer for itself
Can we find the key to life?
I don't want to be a part
There's a space ship we can ride
Now it's time to ride
let's get started again
Do not tire yourself
We'll get back the life for ourselves today
Let's get started again
Do not scare yourself
We can take this ride for ourselves

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Quote is not edit

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Quote is not edit, I'm an idiot.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

This is supposed to be the optimal storage configuration, at 100k storage.

$130k income

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 11, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ONE TWO THREE FOUR

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
You can barely make the jump to the probe site in the middle of the chasm in Oblivia with a skell. You have to Donkey Kong it though from the south side.

edit: It's Mech 5, but still

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 11, 2015

Buttermonster
Jul 11, 2003

Lessail posted:

It's really easy to go from trying to get some field pickups to getting treasure boxes to getting some new nodes and oh wait there went several hours

I'm level 30 after completing chapter 4 because of this. Lots of running for dear life planting nodes in zones I'm not supposed to be at.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Those "off the record" quests you got to do to hit rank 5 in a field skill seem to have disappeared off my mission board and I hadn't accepted them yet.

Nothing makes them show back up. Am I hosed?

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

Lessail posted:

It's really easy to go from trying to get some field pickups to getting treasure boxes to getting some new nodes and oh wait there went several hours

This is exactly what happened to me last night.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Caidin posted:

Those "off the record" quests you got to do to hit rank 5 in a field skill seem to have disappeared off my mission board and I hadn't accepted them yet.

Nothing makes them show back up. Am I hosed?

Just spam open and close on the mission board, they should show up eventually

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ohtsam posted:

Just spam open and close on the mission board, they should show up eventually

Alright that fixed it, thanks.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

"Grampypon of friendpon of cousinpon of grampypon of grannypon" ughh

These things are lucky the babbypon are cute.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I just found the lobster quest and uhhh this seems like a nightmare

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It'd be nice if you could just, like, buy clothes from the commercial district or something, because then maybe quests would have more rewards other than different colored tank tops.

Looper posted:

I just found the lobster quest and uhhh this seems like a nightmare

Welcome to hell. They have an icon like collectables, so that makes spotting them a bit easier, but still I've been all over the city looking and only came up with 41, even with a skell.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
In case anybody wasn't convinced that Mastermind is not, in fact, a low damage class:

(This was done at 43, and isn't actually my best overdrive.)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
About the quest where you have to rescue the 3 Prone: Which one was his son again? I think it's the one in Mesa Fortress but I'm not sure.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had to use baby mode to clear the chapter 9 boss and I don't feel bad admitting that at all. What on earth were they thinking. "Let's have a honorable battle" followed by a half dozen soldiers jumping in.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Finished the story, now I just need to find a good place to hit 60 at and then I can begin the long journey of... whatever, I guess. Something tells me I need more lv50 frames besides the one I'm currently piloting. Oh and more probes, need more probes, especially duplicators and boosters.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Hmmm, I wonder if that floating building off the coast of Sylvalum is the scenic viewpoint for this hex...

It wasn't. It was a level 90 tyrant death robot. Obviously everything in Syvalum is a death robot but that never seems to come to mind when it matters.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Finished the story, now I just need to find a good place to hit 60 at and then I can begin the long journey of... whatever, I guess. Something tells me I need more lv50 frames besides the one I'm currently piloting. Oh and more probes, need more probes, especially duplicators and boosters.

Here's how I got to level 60 despite only being on Chapter 9. Step One: build a ridiculously strong AOE skell weapon, you can find the blueprints to one in one of the level 5 mechanical treasure chests scattered around, unfortunately I have no idea which one in particular yielded the weapon I'm using. Step two: warp to FN Site 322 on the far east side of Oblivia. Step Three: Fly up, target the center of the large group of level 50+ enemies, one shot them all. Step Four: repeat steps two and three until you have all the exp you want or you're out of fuel.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I just AFK'd in Oblivia and while I was gone a lightning storm destroyed my skell and I didn't notice when I got back and re-saved my game

rip skins

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gotta press dat home button when afk

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
What is the fastest way to get the 15k credits/tick for the skell quest? I'm stumped...

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Med School posted:

What is the fastest way to get the 15k credits/tick for the skell quest? I'm stumped...

There are some hexes with 2 sightseeing spots in Noctilum (and Oblivia, but Noctilum is easier). Find those spots, put your highest level Research probe there, and that's like 8-10k already. Plop down a booster next to it and you're good to go.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

brainwrinkle posted:

There are some hexes with 2 sightseeing spots in Noctilum (and Oblivia, but Noctilum is easier). Find those spots, put your highest level Research probe there, and that's like 8-10k already. Plop down a booster next to it and you're good to go.

On the subject of this, is that the secret to income? Just look for 2 sightseeing spots and probe it up, regardless of the hex's stats?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Pretty much. Even a low-level Research probe gives you 2k for a sightseeing spot and the high level ones are 4k per spot. An 'A' Revenue location also generates about 3k from the hex alone with a good research probe.

By the way, 'hidden areas' often count as sightseeing spots.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
The boss of Bozé's second affinity mission is complete bullshit, not because of the enemy, but because of the terrain. I actually had to lower its level so that I could solo the drat thing as the rest of my party kept falling into the lava.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

brainwrinkle posted:

Pretty much. Even a low-level Research probe gives you 2k for a sightseeing spot and the high level ones are 4k per spot. An 'A' Revenue location also generates about 3k from the hex alone with a good research probe.

By the way, 'hidden areas' often count as sightseeing spots.

So wait sightseeing spots give a bonus to revenue on top of the letter ranking? I kind of assumed finding them would just bump up the ranking.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
^^ It gives a flat bonus per spot.

Here is my current Chapter 6 setup to make 75k credits.

The key part is the eastern half of Oblivia. My duplicator is hooked up to the Rank 10 Mining and Rank 4 Research probes. It is also A grade Revenue with 1 out of 2 sightseeing spots, so it get the Rank 4 Research benefits plus the A rank, Mining 10 mining benefits. This chains into the booster probe to the south, which also affects the 2 spot probe to its south as well. Even at an E ranking that probe is turning out like 10k before the booster.

Of course, using the duplicator this way means I can't get decent storage capacity. I'll have a 5-chain for 27k capacity with my next storage probe though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just finished chapter 4 and am in the middle of doing Vandham's affinity mission, and I think I've hit a wall with the game. I feel like I'm starting to hit my limit on accessible probe sites, since a lot of them are locked behind high-level enemies or mechanics skill levels. All the missions left to do are random collectathons like pearls and rabbits, or weird poo poo like weapons testing. I'm level 17 and the enemy I need to defeat for Vandham's mission is level 20 and still manages to wreck me. It's hard to tell if I'm effective as a...Blade Fighter? Thingy? The beam-oriented one right before Galactic Knight. My party gets wiped out often and I don't have any HP recovery skills. The combat is different enough from Xenoblade 1 that I can't really transfer most of my knowledge to it, and I only played as Melia anyway. Is there a way to level baee and class levels up quickly, or is it just a matter of hitting things and doing missions?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Welp, there's the first hit against my skell insurance. Quest to find a missing data drive in Oblivia has an unavoidable level 50 enemy pop up out of nowhere when you approach it. gently caress you, game :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Who is this Alexa and why does everyone care so much about her? Does she make a good healing replacement for Irina? Because if not, she can F********** off.

• Locked thread