Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

i hate the abhorrent beast and i hate how many of them you have to kill over the course of chalice dungeons

ill show u a vid of how i do it if u want. i recorded all theese fights so i might as well show them off. this is the depth 4 story chalice fight but it works at depth 5 and even with half hp too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhc5km8HrMg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tfw you're fighting orphan and you realize this is the last new bloodborne boss you will ever fight

Does anyone know if dlc bosses can show up in chalices now? I think I'd poo poo myself if I walked into a basement boss's room and Maria ran at me or sometning

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
basically, spoilers if u dont wanna know:

1 or 2 hits at a time unless hes yelling (he has 3 phases where he gets faster and more lightningy and yells each time he changes)
diont stay in front of him or at any kind of distance
dodge an attack first if u want to use a vial.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Tfw you're fighting orphan and you realize this is the last new bloodborne boss you will ever fight

Does anyone know if dlc bosses can show up in chalices now? I think I'd poo poo myself if I walked into a basement boss's room and Maria ran at me or sometning

dont think so, but maybe theyll add them later. but i always thought that, for example, rom being in the chalice dungeons was in part meant to imply that rom wasnt the only one of its kind and that the "great ones" were just individuals from some of many weird rear end species of parasitic lifeforms from the cosmos, or i guess the ocean like the DLC implies. like kos being some kind of alien leech whale full of parasites that washed up on the beach one day kind of supports that. so like it wouldnt make sense if you found maria or ludwig or other distantly human bosses in the chalices but beasts and kin like the living failures could , maybe.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

dont think so, but maybe theyll add them later. but i always thought that, for example, rom being in the chalice dungeons was in part meant to imply that rom wasnt the only one of its kind and that the "great ones" were just individuals from some of many weird rear end species of parasitic lifeforms from the cosmos, or i guess the ocean like the DLC implies. like kos being some kind of alien leech whale full of parasites that washed up on the beach one day kind of supports that. so like it wouldnt make sense if you found maria or ludwig or other distantly human bosses in the chalices but beasts and kin like the living failures could , maybe.

My favorite part of these games is how much they leave to the imagination. I always thought the chalices were hell in dantes inferno, where you're the traveler going down layer by layer while thinks get more and more crazy & you keep running into old enemies you've already vanquished in the dream

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
theres a couple blue elixirs right before the yahargul guys, i think. i always use one to get a free visceral, and sometimes close myself in a jail cell if things get too wild

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just killed paarl at my lowest level ever (28) and took about 3 tries before i completely rocked him. when you get into a good groove in that fight it's less like you're fighting a giant beast and more like you're fighting a scared dog, lol. almost makes you feel bad...

i also summoned henrietta for amelia, because why not, and she went down in like 2 minutes flat.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 11, 2015

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
going into the DLC before level 30 to grab weapons is, uh, hard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

going into the DLC before level 30 to grab weapons is, uh, hard

You really do have to just suicide run

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

suicide runs are fun as hell. tfw i just charged into that huge hall and grabbed the eye key, i was terrified that huge beast would wake up and fight me for what he was holding

man i gotta play this game and do NG+ but xenoblade x has consumed my life

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
has there ever been a giant, gross-rear end snake as a boss in any souls games?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

ill show u a vid of how i do it if u want. i recorded all theese fights so i might as well show them off. this is the depth 4 story chalice fight but it works at depth 5 and even with half hp too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhc5km8HrMg

i mean i can do it (and did ) but its just a chore. some of his hitboxes on his moves are the worst in the game imo. im going to watch ur vid anyway though

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

sector_corrector posted:

mytha is a big snake/naga that slithers through poison goo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

the naga lady in DSII.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thats the lamest souls boss design of all time imo.. some dungeons and dragons bestiary poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a fun fight though. I like that she tosses her own head around for a projectile

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

the naga lady in DSII.

forgot about that fight, jesus

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats the lamest souls boss design of all time imo.. some dungeons and dragons bestiary poo poo.
ehh, I care more about the attack patterns - "man with sword" is even more tired but obviously artorias and fume knight are awesome

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Im sad ds3 is gonna be the last souls game, hopefully we at least get bloodborne 2 and 3

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

inri's vid's got me thinking i should do a beast claw build

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

ehh, I care more about the attack patterns - "man with sword" is even more tired but obviously artorias and fume knight are awesome

I love fighting any man with a sword.. I cant think of a souls boss like that thats bad.. sometimes ya just gotta have a legendary duel. I like the Pursuer for instance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I prefer fighting half horse half man all nightmare thing with sword myself.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

a ton of souls enemies are straight out of the d&d bestiary, and its badass

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

inri's vid's got me thinking i should do a beast claw build

how do you feel about constant hissing sounds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Im sad ds3 is gonna be the last souls game, hopefully we at least get bloodborne 2 and 3

theyve kind of implied it'll be the last game in the genre period, but who knows

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I love fighting any man with a sword.. I cant think of a souls boss like that thats bad.. sometimes ya just gotta have a legendary duel. I like the Pursuer for instance.
Yeah I pretty much like all the bosses, I can't think of any that I hate. I guess blue smelter demon is pretty bad. (I never fought the two snow cats though - that one sounds lame.) Bed of chaos/dragon god don't work for me. Mytha could have been harder but I thought medusa serpent was a pretty good idea.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

HolePisser1982 posted:

how do you feel about constant hissing sounds

Like a leaking steam pipe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite souls gimmick boss is the enormous lava giant that stumbles off a cliff and dies if you just walk away from him

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

In Training posted:

My favorite souls gimmick boss is the enormous lava giant that stumbles off a cliff and dies if you just walk away from him
oh lol that may be the actual worst one - he dies free if you walk away and is annoying/boring if you don't - did from ever say if that method of killing him was intended?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
its intentional

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

a ton of souls enemies are straight out of the d&d bestiary, and its badass

The best ones are insane products of a feverish japanese Berserk fanboy mind

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i truly cant wait until April

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

i truly cant wait until April

i hope it doesnt get delayed :ohdear:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I hope that, if it needs to be, it does.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

whichever the other chalice dungeon beast boss is, not Abhorrent Beast the other one that's huge, was actually a really fun fight. Not particularly hard for a souls boss, but I just had a ton of fun fighting him with the scythe

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The best ones are insane products of a feverish japanese Berserk fanboy mind

i only recently watched berserk and recognized a ton of monsters in it cause of souls lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i only recently watched berserk and recognized a ton of monsters in it cause of souls lmao

Now you should read it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

oh lol that may be the actual worst one - he dies free if you walk away and is annoying/boring if you don't - did from ever say if that method of killing him was intended?

it has to be intentional, there's an animation for it and everything

also I think Micolash might be my least favorite Souls boss that isn't bed of chaos. love his lines and voice acting and the atmosphere but the fight is just so tedious and then on NG+ A Call Beyond is a likely one-shot and you do it all again

Its cool because he's funny and has great lines and poo poo though

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wandered around aqueducts for like half an hour and then ran into a boss and died...fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

got ook down to where his healthbar wasnt even visible an i was out of vials and then I ate an overhead slam fuckety gently caress gently caress poo poo