Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ares90 is a loving gas guzzler holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
It's kinda amazing just how poorly the final boss is designed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Quick question, I know the go-to end-game Skell is the Ares for obvious reasons, but are there at least level 60 versions of the main skell selection? The shop only sells up to 50, so I'm assuming you have to develop the level 60 editions or something.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I kind of regret bringing the nuke flail into the final chapter, it literally killed the final boss in a single hit.

final chapter spoiler: I can't believe I correctly guessed that everyone were independent androids and that the lifehold shutting down wouldn't kill them.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 12, 2015

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Well I just made the Lv 50 Dragoon Lance, I'm basically carrying around a space ship on my back now that takes up FOUR skell weapon slots and costs 1200 fuel to launch.

At first I was pissed because it takes up so much room, but after testing it on a Xe-Dom that used to give me so much poo poo...

One launch of the dragoon, one dead giant robutt.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Story question but I just designed the flight module and can zip around and whatnot. The characters all talk about how it's science fiction and this is the first skell flight and whatnot but uh

Weren't skell's flying in the intro? That hero one especially. Also in chapter 8 I'm fairly certain Marcus's Skell flew

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, the more I use HB the more I actually kinda like him. Sure, he's kind of an egotistical rear end in a top hat, but his heart's in the right place and I find most of his post-battle convos pretty funny.

On that note, Murderess + literally any other character = Comedy. Guaranteed.

everything remotely annoying about hb is justified by "i'm about to get valedictorian on you".

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Story question but I just designed the flight module and can zip around and whatnot. The characters all talk about how it's science fiction and this is the first skell flight and whatnot but uh

Weren't skell's flying in the intro? That hero one especially. Also in chapter 8 I'm fairly certain Marcus's Skell flew

I think it's the difference between jumping really high and gliding, and true flight. Skells in cutscenes are generally more impressive than they are in gameplay for obvious reasons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They already had a spaceflight pack, but getting the drat thing to work in atmosphere/gravity was probably the challenge.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Weren't they in space in the intro? Anti-gravity is supposed to be the big science break-through I think.

Edit: I think that is also why the human AMs have lovely gravity resistance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, the more I use HB the more I actually kinda like him. Sure, he's kind of an egotistical rear end in a top hat, but his heart's in the right place and I find most of his post-battle convos pretty funny.

On that note, Murderess + literally any other character = Comedy. Guaranteed.

HB is a cool guy and I will support him in his rise to the top. He also suffers slightly less from Xeno-face than for example Gwin.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 12, 2015

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

Sam Faust posted:

Weren't they in space in the intro? Anti-gravity is supposed to be the big science break-through I think.

Edit: I think that is also why the human AMs have lovely gravity resistance.

I'm convinced that equipment "weight class" correlates with gravity resistance penalties, on top of that. I tend to go for raw numbers and I noticed that the heavy stuff I picked ended up sacrificing that attribute, while lighter ones were less hard on it (and some I remember even gave benefits to it.)

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Eopia posted:

I kind of regret bringing the nuke flail into the final chapter, it literally killed the final boss in a single hit.

final chapter spoiler: I can't believe I correctly guessed that everyone were independent androids and that the lifehold shutting down wouldn't kill them.

That's not exactly it.

Major endgame spoilers follow: Their bodies aren't in the Lifehold, but it's still where their consciousnesses are uploaded and it is intended to be a radio link from there allows the Mimeosomes to function. That they're able to function despite the database being destroyed when it crashed isn't any intention or science on the humans' part, but strictly a consequence of Mira being a hosed up planet with a seeming "will" of its own and the ability to guide certain things into happening. The question of what exactly it wants to happen and why is left unanswered, but the Professor B missions get into this a bit as well.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
Is there a place to look up good builds for Elma/Lin? I feel like im just throwing points into whatever without really having a coherent strategy which will probably come to bite me in the rear end one day

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm in chapter 7 and just unlocked my skell. How do I put the rest of my team in their own? Seems I can't just buy more of em as they're all red at the vendor.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

5er posted:

I'm in chapter 7 and just unlocked my skell. How do I put the rest of my team in their own? Seems I can't just buy more of em as they're all red at the vendor.

Your first Skell is a special, Level 20 frame; all the ones at Armory Alley are Level 30.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
tatsu keeps saying i collect new thing when i certainly have not collect new thing. could me having zero of a collectible at the time and then picking one up be triggering these notifications or is the potato boy broken and i just need to shut him off forever

also is scouting people from out in the world exactly the same as if i scouted them from teh console? still have to pay a fee and everything?

AfroGunsou fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 12, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
What the hell did that bird have on its chin? :stare:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Darth TNT posted:

What the hell did that bird have on its chin? :stare:

Bumblebee tuna.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

AfroGunsou posted:

tatsu keeps saying i collect new thing when i certainly have not collect new thing. could me having zero of a collectible at the time and then picking one up be triggering these notifications or is the potato boy broken and i just need to shut him off forever

also is scouting people from out in the world exactly the same as if i scouted them from teh console? still have to pay a fee and everything?

did you register stuff in your collectopedia? FYI I am not 100% sure on this as I just spent the last 20 minutes registering my collectopedia and gaining like 200 BPs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Bumblebee tuna.

I hate to think what the females of the species must look like.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AfroGunsou posted:

I think the point of those messages from Tatsu is to try to get people to post where to find things. I don't think it has anything to do with the collectopedia.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Infinity Gaia posted:

God dammit. Fair warning to other people so they don't make the mistake I did, spoilers for one of the recruitable alien species:

So when you get the Tree Clan Prone to join your base, their leader guy gives you another mission to go rescue three important Prone in captivity. Here's my pro-tip, rescue his son LAST. Otherwise you gently caress up and he dies. Because one of the other two guys you rescue gives you a tip as to how to stop the death of the son guy. I knew there was something wrong when I got a cutscene on approach to the son guy, then the game gave me control before I walked forward again and triggered another cutscene, like there was something I was supposed to have done, or a variation in cutscene. I'm kinda pissed off, mostly because I'M WALKING UP IN THIS GIANT ROBOT AND I CAN'T DO poo poo TO STOP THIS MONKEY? SERIOUSLY THEY'RE TALKING FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES LET ME JUST USE MY BEAM SCYTHE AND END ITS LIFE.

What's the herb I need to save this guy? They don't even list it in the mission which is just an extra shade of gently caress you I could do without.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

chumbler posted:

I think the point of those messages from Tatsu is to try to get people to post where to find things. I don't think it has anything to do with the collectopedia.

i never thought of it like that, and its pretty neat, but the collectopedia should probably just tell you the area you can find the things. or at least where you found the thing so you have something to go on

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Crabtree posted:

What's the herb I need to save this guy? They don't even list it in the mission which is just an extra shade of gently caress you I could do without.

Kepha Holly, rare-tier collectible around the southern coast of Oblivia, apparently.

Also it should say in your info log since it counts as one of those.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thing oneshots mechs for days. What's a good place to level to 40?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Thing oneshots mechs for days. What's a good place to level to 40?

Take the eastern-most fast travel point and it should spit you out near some level 40 things to kill. A G-Buster will one shot them. I did some grinding till 47 there.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Been slamming Slayer XX mods on all my Skell weapons, +40% damage to a broad swath of enemies and it stacks between all the weapons to empower all of your attacks vs that type of enemy.
Some of them are pretty easy to get and you'll go "why the hell wasn't I doing this before now" and for maximum shooty kablooey damage I've been pairing them up with the general weaknesses of the types.
For example, Beam is great vs Humanoid and Mechanoid, Thermal is great vs Insectoid and Theroid, and fish live in their own little fuckass world of being weak to electricity and not very common enemies anyway.
Then there are the more specialized Slayers like Chimeroid and Ultrafauna, which are waaay more expensive augments to build.
Examples:
Slayer.Ultrafauna XX : 2000 Miranium, 5 White Forfex Shell (180t) , 5 Reverse Millepod Fin (990t), 5 Deva Caladar's Red Ear (1050t), 1 Bonjelium. Total cost in reward tickets: 2220

Slayer.Mechanoid XX: 2000 Miranium, 12 Standard crank, 4 Marine Rutile. Total cost in reward tickets: 240

Slayer Insectoid and Theroid are so stupid easy to get by killing little piles of Ovis (Fleecy Fur) outside the door of NLA or piles of Blattas (Tatty insect wing) with a firecracker it isn't worth using tickets for them.
They are great augments to help you grind up levels off giant bugs and critters though.

As you can see here I'm just slapping those augments in everything, and adding sockets so I can put more in. Dragoon lance isn't great for maximizing this strategy since it eats up so much space that could have more sockets for augments.

If you slam a ton of Slayer.Mechanoid XX augments in, you can warp to Oblivia's Aaroy Plain, and go NW one segment to the tower out there, you'll find level 55 - 60 mechanoid enemies to wreck.
If you're using Slayer.Insectoid or Slayer.Theroid you'll be hard pressed to NOT find things to grind on, even primordia has a bunch of high level bugs and critters to smush, I started my grinding with the level 40+ giant mantis things behind that giant claw rock.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What's a good way to build up skells and does anyone know of any known location for those beautiful robot blueprints? I just got mine and I simply must have the strongest robots I can possibly make before Ares.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Kepha Holly, rare-tier collectible around the southern coast of Oblivia, apparently.

Also it should say in your info log since it counts as one of those.

Thanks, I just managed to squeeze I think a french site of this information without knowing the item's actual name. Oh yeah, they really should put down trackers for item drops.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Do goons group up to fight the global nemesis? I'm curious about him but would rather go in with folks who know what's up instead of randos.
That said I have no idea how "actual multiplayer" works in this game because the link on the OP is broken so if it doesn't actually involve me joining up with live randos, let me know. Thanks!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
"I'll add this to the list of mistakes I mull over before I go to sleep."

:smith:

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

kirbysuperstar posted:

I just want to hug him and send him to bed with a glass of warm milk :(

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
All the classes having bizarre ultra anime names makes it really confusing to talk about them.

But I just started using the lightsaber class and holy poo poo the guns are loving MAGs from Phantasy Star Online! Like I was getting Phantasy Star vibes anyway but no way was that not deliberate.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So is there anything in the game about the OTHER alien armada that wiped out earth? Surprisingly little mention of those assholes thus far.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

kirbysuperstar posted:

Just the saddest sack sadbrain in the game. I do like him though. I thought his quest was bugging out at first...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Little advice for when you get called upon to make emergency helicopter repairs; Attach the Blue Wire to the main rotor :ohdear:.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eopia posted:

Simon's gonna be pissed

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
So, been trying to find out where the rexoskell actually is to farm it for parts. I've been led to believe it's underneath the cathedral in cauldros behind the red shielded cave and that the only way to get there is through Mia's recruitment quest. Been having a super hard time unlocking the prerequisite missions, though. Anyone got a clue or suggestion?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Zombie Defiler posted:

Slayer.Ultrafauna XX : 2000 Miranium, 5 White Forfex Shell (180t) , 5 Reverse Millepod Fin (990t), 5 Deva Caladar's Red Ear (1050t), 1 Bonjelium. Total cost in reward tickets: 2220

About the Deva Caladar's Red Ears, I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think you can get those from the Time Attack of the Chapter 9 boss fight, so that could help cut down on the number of tickets needed, if they drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I've been taking my time and just saved the Ma-non and holy poo poo their voices

• Locked thread