Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I was just live on Twitch. I hope you got to see.

Ok cya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

And yes the Summoner is just bad. You could probably make one work now if you boat SRMs, but your clan heavy alternatives are basically in descending order: Timberwolves, Ebon Jaguars (Which are like small timberwolves), or Hellbringers which have ECM.

SMN-PRIME

I thought Summoners were garbage too until I built this. It looks unassuming, but when I use it I'm almost always top damage and I get more than a few kills out of it. It's an amazing quick play mech, but it's bad for CW because of ammo limits. I know most people in the thread prefer high alphas, but this guy gets the job done even if it looks weak and squishy. But then I tend to be good with mechs that aren't that great on paper (Kit Fox), and poo poo with mechs that should be legit amazing (I'm looking at you, Thunderbolt.)

dreadman
Mar 18, 2007
epilepsy is great for washing up
Can i get an invite to World Of Lowtax please - In game name is Robodread.

I have a few very old mechs that were popular during the beta, but i dont really care - my atlas and centurion still seems to work fine.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
So I got a spider mech and made it as fast as possible with a large laser as someone suggested.

I picked the one chassis that can't use ECM (I didn't even realize certain chassis can't use certain things).

Still having a blast running around, marking guys and shooting butts. I rarely contribute much in damage, but I seem to piss off people enough that I'll have 3-4 after me most of the time as I dart around...

Up until I break my legs from fall damage.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

this stream is kinda adorably derpy

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Pumpkinreaper posted:

So I got a spider mech and made it as fast as possible with a large laser as someone suggested.

I picked the one chassis that can't use ECM (I didn't even realize certain chassis can't use certain things).

Still having a blast running around, marking guys and shooting butts. I rarely contribute much in damage, but I seem to piss off people enough that I'll have 3-4 after me most of the time as I dart around...

Up until I break my legs from fall damage.

Raven 3L I'd you want to annoy people at distance and stay hidden. 2 ERLL with ECM. Arctic Cheetah can do a few large lasers too, I think, but I love the raven too much. Ravens get good energy quirks for the most part.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I have been talking really loudly in VOIP to motivate teammates and give them helpful hints on how the game works. It is fun.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
My god i cant believe i downloaded this again. If someone wants to throw me an invite to WoL that would be boss, what happened to change the forums over from the Goonfleet forums? Also i have plat so the mumble info would be amazing as well.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
This is roughly how I set my spider up:

SDR-5V

I think I pretty much just went for max speed so I could be sanic.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I just waved to a goon on Twitch. :rip:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Number19 posted:

I just waved to a goon on Twitch. :rip:

I shoulda crashed your party

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

The Repo Man posted:

SMN-PRIME

I thought Summoners were garbage too until I built this. It looks unassuming, but when I use it I'm almost always top damage and I get more than a few kills out of it. It's an amazing quick play mech, but it's bad for CW because of ammo limits. I know most people in the thread prefer high alphas, but this guy gets the job done even if it looks weak and squishy. But then I tend to be good with mechs that aren't that great on paper (Kit Fox), and poo poo with mechs that should be legit amazing (I'm looking at you, Thunderbolt.)

Yeah but can't you do that same (or similar) build on a Hellbringer and have ECM?

Interesting thing tonight we ran a lot of 12 mans with diminishing returns on weight and ended up with a very medium stacked crew that was very brawl heavy. ... And went like 12/0 to 12/3 like, a lot.

Later we split up and in a four or five man didn't have such weight limitations and managed three loving splat-atlas with a 6xMG Urbamech following along at it was absolutely ridiculous. Motherfucking Urbie stole all the kills because really who is looking at it when three Atlas mechs rolled up, but good god it was comedy the whole time.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 12, 2015

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Yeah but can't you do that same (or similar) build on a Hellbringer and have ECM?

I've never tried it, but it seems like the Hellbringer is at it's best when boating lasers. You could put two U-AC5 in the right torso, and maybe a lot of small lasers in the left? That 5 tons makes a pretty big difference when it comes to ammo though, and that Summoner build needs as much ammo as it can get. I could probably try it at some point to see if it's as viable.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr.Fuzzywig posted:

My god i cant believe i downloaded this again. If someone wants to throw me an invite to WoL that would be boss, what happened to change the forums over from the Goonfleet forums? Also i have plat so the mumble info would be amazing as well.

What's your ingame name?

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

sebmojo posted:

What's your ingame name?

Where were you an hour ago? GEEZE.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
quote]

The Repo Man posted:

I've never tried it, but it seems like the Hellbringer is at it's best when boating lasers. You could put two U-AC5 in the right torso, and maybe a lot of small lasers in the left? That 5 tons makes a pretty big difference when it comes to ammo though, and that Summoner build needs as much ammo as it can get. I could probably try it at some point to see if it's as viable.

Ok but 2xUAC5, two mediums, and two smalls, is a really really bad loadout for a Clan heavy.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
So, I noticed that spider's can have ppc's on them.

I think I may have to make a sanic spider with as many as I can fit onto it, survivability be damned.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Mr.Fuzzywig posted:

Can I get the same package, please? My ingame name is still Jesper2 (they refused to change my pilot name cause apparently it's going to be an ingame feature from January, I guess it will cost a bunch of spacebux too)

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

sebmojo posted:

That's a bad build because it's bitsy: the ml and the lrm are just a waste of space. Decided what range you want to fight at and stack weapons to hit that range. Maybe swap out the lrm and ml for a large pulse, if you can fit it?
I ditched the LRMs and upgraded the laser to a large one. I'm having a lot of fun now. I like to play as a sneaky peek-a-boo fighter, popping up over hills and from behind building to land a few blows, then fall back again.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

sebmojo posted:

What's your ingame name?

Moisty, knew i was forgetting something

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Steam huh. May as well try it out again. Can I get an invite to GIRL? IGN is Aleksandra Kerensky. Used to rile some people up just by that name, probably not anymore though with all the new players.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Skoll posted:

This is the AS-7 I use, called the Splatlas.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=241&l=34897a95262a63cad3792bdc574f0a4591f956c3

edit:

inb4 :goonsay: over "zomg ur bad cuz command console"

1. You need more SRM ammo. Those are your primary damage dealers, not your AC/20.

2. If you're going to put 2 Medium lasers, why not put them in your center torso so that you still have guns when you get popsicled?

3. you don't need that command console for anything. All it gives you is lock speed and range, and you're in a freakin' brawl build. Allocate those tons for the aforementioned SRM ammo.

edit: vvvvvvv the latter. You're still accumulating skill points while you pilot the trial version, so there's no need to downgrade to a default fit.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 12, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How soon should I swap from playing the trial Stormcrow to the one I buy? As soon as I unlock it, or should I wait until I can kit it out into one of the recommended builds before switching over to piloting it?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How soon should I swap from playing the trial Stormcrow to the one I buy? As soon as I unlock it, or should I wait until I can kit it out into one of the recommended builds before switching over to piloting it?

Doesn't really make any odds. You still earn XP for the chassis whether you're in a trial one or an owned one so if the configuration is the same there's no difference.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Doesn't really make any odds. You still earn XP for the chassis whether you're in a trial one or an owned one so if the configuration is the same there's no difference.

It's not, the trial Stormcrow and stock Stormcrow-Prime have different loadouts. I just have no idea if the stock one is worse/better since I just started playing a couple of days ago. :)

e; I'm now the proud owner of the recommended built laser Stormcrow Prime from the OP, how do people normally set up their weapon groups? I've got 1 set to arms only, 2 set to all medium lasers firing at once, 3 set to the large pulse only (for long range engagements) and 4 set as alpha.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 12, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

1. You need more SRM ammo. Those are your primary damage dealers, not your AC/20.

2. If you're going to put 2 Medium lasers, why not put them in your center torso so that you still have guns when you get popsicled?

3. you don't need that command console for anything. All it gives you is lock speed and range, and you're in a freakin' brawl build. Allocate those tons for the aforementioned SRM ammo.

edit: vvvvvvv the latter. You're still accumulating skill points while you pilot the trial version, so there's no need to downgrade to a default fit.

1. I run out of AC before I run out of SRM. I'm actually quite adept at protecting that torso.

2. I don't wan't everything to be torso mounted because the Atlas cannot elevate the torso up or down for poo poo. Even if it's minuscule damage, it still helps to be able to shoot something above or below me. Every point of damage counts.

3. I had the space so figured why the gently caress not, it's a 25% increase in radar acquisition. My ammo allocation is fine and I've yet to run completely dry.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Skoll posted:

3. I had the space so figured why the gently caress not, it's a 25% increase in radar acquisition. My ammo allocation is fine and I've yet to run completely dry.
You can ditch the command console to add another SRM-6.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Ardlen posted:

You can ditch the command console to add another SRM-6.

Do this and then remove 3 points of armor from each leg to get another ton of SRM ammo on there.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Is SteamOS port in the works?

Malkar
Aug 19, 2010

Taste the cloud

Rocketpriest posted:

It's been so long since I've used basically any of my mechs, what's a good build for the Illest Marmoset these days?

Seconding this question. Mine's still rocking the UAC5s which are probably worthless now that they've (presumably) fixed being able to abuse them.

Edit: Did they reset camos at some point?

I'm like 99% sure that I bought purple back when it was decided that it'd be the official color of WOL.

Malkar fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 12, 2015

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Kurzon posted:

Is SteamOS port in the works?

Not to my knowledge

cheese783
May 8, 2006
whoops
Yo someone invite me "zastrow" to the word of lowtax. I want to be stompy in my robot with goons.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Is there anything to do with all the chassis XP I have after I unlock all 8 available basic chassis skills, or am I just going to sit on a giant pile until I can make the 35mil C-bills required to buy all three other Stormcrow variants, since the Elite tier doesn't unlock until I have basic on all variants?

Also, someone please PM me the mumble info so I don't have to make a Star Citizen account, thanks. :(

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Could I get an invite to WoL? In-game name is "Corab". Would also appreciate a PM with the Mumble info.

Would doubly appreciate some suggestions for a couple each of IS mediums and heavies so I can start building a drop deck.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Is there anything to do with all the chassis XP I have after I unlock all 8 available basic chassis skills, or am I just going to sit on a giant pile until I can make the 35mil C-bills required to buy all three other Stormcrow variants, since the Elite tier doesn't unlock until I have basic on all variants?

You can convert it to GXP at a very *reasonable conversion rate with your MC! :v:

* Don't.

e: You actually bank it so that once you do have the other 2 chassis you can insta-unlock speed tweak.

e #deux: You get it. I "might" still be drunk.

armchairyoda fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 12, 2015

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Small correction. You only need it on three total variants, not all. There, I just saved you twelve million c-bills.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

armchairyoda posted:

You can convert it to GXP at a very *reasonable conversion rate with your MC! :v:

* Don't.

Yeah, I noticed it does the same spending money to convert to general XP that a bunch of other F2P games have done.

Given how cheap the 8 basic skills are, it seems like the XP is a pretty stupidly underused mechanic.

Fumblemouse posted:

Small correction. You only need it on three total variants, not all. There, I just saved you twelve million c-bills.

Wow! What a saving!!! :v:

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Is there any other way of joining the goonrathing without having to wade into the brown sea? (register as a star citizen)

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Is there any other way of joining the goonrathing without having to wade into the brown sea? (register as a star citizen)

I just logged in so post your name and look for a friend invite from Texas Merc. After you accept the invite PM me in game ( i will look like i am offline) then i can send you an invite. The mumble info is in the WoL MOTD.

E: scrolled up and sent invites to others on the page asking for them

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Oh Snapple! posted:

Would doubly appreciate some suggestions for a couple each of IS mediums and heavies so I can start building a drop deck.

3 thunderbolts loaded with pulse lasers for sure. Not sure about the last. I only have 1 TDR until I get some more mech bays. Right now my IS deck is Thunderbolt 5SS, Atlas D-DC, and 2 ravens. It will likely change to 3 TDRs and my raven 3L when I get my bays from CW.

• Locked thread