Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's even written by ONE. It's only filler in the sense that it only appears in an adaptation of the original work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ChaosArgate posted:

It's even written by ONE. It's only filler in the sense that it only appears in an adaptation of the original work.

Yeah, that'd be like calling the new content in a new edition of a textbook filler...okay, bad example probably :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Actually, i think you'd find that...
:goonsay:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Murata's also stated that when he started to work with ONE on opm it made him realize that he still hadn't "fully grasped the basics" so he's still actively trying to improve.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

calling this guy Muratas stuff "filler" is retarded, it's just as good as the original stuff. It's just amazing bonus content

This like 'extended/directors' cut kind of content. It only makes the whole thing better. If it really -is- filler then its transcendent filler. The kind of stuff that launches spins offs.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Reading the latest chapter, and I want to see this animated so badly. I can practically hear the bat as it strikes concrete and asphalt. The fightin' spirit is palpable.

edit: "TOK" is the best possible sound effect for the tip of an aluminum bat tinging against the pavement.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did Murata not do the Vegeta vs Saitama sparring match thing?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RareAcumen posted:

Did Murata not do the Vegeta vs Saitama sparring match thing?

Pretty sure that was a just a fan thing. It's solid work but sometimes it looks off-model.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Pretty sure that was a just a fan thing. It's solid work but sometimes it looks off-model.

Oh wow, I totally thought it was his work too.

KoB
May 1, 2009

JD posted:

What else is Murata working on?

Glancing at Wikipedia only says he's working on One Punch Man

He was worked on other projects sporadically. He has assisted on a few anime projects iirc.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh wow, I totally thought it was his work too.

Looking at it again, the artist seems a lot more comfortable with Toriyama's style, but they were able to make Serious Saitama look pretty drat good as well.

It's Genos at the end that's the real tip-off. They probably didn't practice him as much since he's just in three panels for a gag.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also, Genos didn't believe Saitama. Dead giveaway.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zerilan posted:

Murata's also stated that when he started to work with ONE on opm it made him realize that he still hadn't "fully grasped the basics" so he's still actively trying to improve.
Which is funny because ONE really grasps the basics of composition (or at least seems too what the gently caress do I know) and it's sort of weird realizing ONE might have taught Murata something

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The only filler we need is a half episode of cockroach killing manga that Saitama reads

Zerilan posted:

Some have compared Murata's art to Saitama's strength but I've always thought ONE was Saitama with his hobby webcomic that is incredible, and Murata was Genos with his incredible raw talent yet following in the footsteps of ONE

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Zzulu posted:

calling this guy Muratas stuff "filler" is retarded, it's just as good as the original stuff. It's just amazing bonus content

eh, it's too much action, not enough humour

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Which is funny because ONE really grasps the basics of composition (or at least seems too what the gently caress do I know) and it's sort of weird realizing ONE might have taught Murata something

One of the interviews had Murata talking about when he started on OPM he kept making Saitama look too cool or handsome, and that working with ONE on it taught him more about conveying the tone and style of a character better. (Which ONE followed up talking about the technical skill of Murata's art really can accentuate it far more than his own art can.)

The Murata/ONE interviews are pretty neat since it's obvious that there's a lot of mutual respect/admiration between the two of them. Also Sonic has the marks under his eyes because ONE was an Eyeshield 21 fan and thought the eye black that American Football players wear is neat.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Fellis posted:

The only filler we need is a half episode of cockroach killing manga that Saitama reads

Some have compared Murata's art to Saitama's strength but I've always thought ONE was Saitama with his hobby webcomic that is incredible, and Murata was Genos with his incredible raw talent yet following in the footsteps of ONE

half ep nothing, I want a whole OVA of Gokiburi Buster

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
If Metal Bat is this amazing I can't wait to see Watchdog Man in action.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

The fact that Murata with all his drawing skill is just copying and making prettier ONE's drawings should tell you enough about how good ONE really is.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
murata is pretty good at composition as well, as evidenced by everything he's ever done

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

This is terrible.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

From here.

(Villain Saitama is awful, because if he were a different person, it would be easy to read the events of OPM as a supervillain origin story.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ugh

Estel
May 4, 2010

Zzulu posted:

murata is pretty good at composition as well, as evidenced by everything he's ever done

I'm not saying he isn't good at it, is just that ONE's composition is on par with Murata's drawing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Fellis posted:

Haha that's pretty apt seeing as at first glance Murata is the "strong one" and ONE seems like the "weakling" when in reality it's anything but and ONE is a genius.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Your picture is bad, and you should feel bad.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Nice meme.

but yeah that comic is all wrong.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

have some of this instead.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

a kitten posted:

This is great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if Goku was evil.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
That's more like it.

mabels big day posted:

What if Goku was evil.

That's Turles, pay attention.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

mabels big day posted:

What if Goku was evil.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

a kitten posted:

Now that's something that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

This is a .jpg. I'm still trying to figure out if this animated or just drawn so well that it tricks us all into thinking it is.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Pure Junk.

OPM already walks a fine line between "interesting parody/deconstruction of action manga" and "Deviantart story about ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUTSTEALTM who's soo strong". If ONE wasn't so good at what he does then the story would be lame. Making Saitama just go hog wild ruins the whole delicate mixture.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Crain posted:

Pure Junk.

OPM already walks a fine line between "interesting parody/deconstruction of action manga" and "Deviantart story about ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUTSTEALTM who's soo strong". If ONE wasn't so good at what he does then the story would be lame. Making Saitama just go hog wild ruins the whole delicate mixture.

A lot of the magic is that Saitama is only treated as being cool when he's being a nice human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That guy doesn't even understand how an evil Saitama would operate.

Dude'd just punch the Earth once and be done with it. Who has time to track down each and every hero, sheesh.