Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

William Stoner posted:

should I buy HOT. Everyone says its bad.

Depends on what aspects you liked of base GW2, because very few of them are present in HoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

I dunno, seems too HoT to handle.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

CLAM DOWN posted:

:siren: Read below for expansion pack details! :siren:
where are they

gimme the deets

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jackard posted:

where are they

gimme the deets

I can't tell if you're joking. Scroll down a bit until you see the HoT logo.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
yea see If i wanted a copypasted feature list i'd read their website you have helpfully linked

where are the real deets? the expansion breakdown, the word on the street

like that pvp writeup

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Jackard posted:

yea see If i wanted a copypasted feature list i'd read their website

Vargs posted:

replace the op with a jpg of a big turd, imo

you can update it with more turds as further patches are released

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jackard posted:

yea see If i wanted a copypasted feature list i'd read their website you have helpfully linked

like that pvp writeup

Go read Reddit, fucko

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Jackard posted:

like that pvp writeup
There's some neat stuff, everything is locked behind incredible amounts of grind, elite specs are comically overpowered in pvp as people predicted, lots of people are bored. The thread title is accurate for pretty much every decision made about HoT so far.

Aug 24, 2011

i wish masteries felt more like progression and less like they ran out of ideas and just started tacking poo poo on

the glider line is pretty good about this, but exalted is uninspired, the stoner frog shrooms dont feel very impactful and the arus frog line doesnt have anything to do with anything

they have introduced a very large amount of "daily" stuff which i dislike intensely. play how you want? nah gotta do video game chores otherwise you miss out on some stuff you might just idly want later on, when we finally finish making it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's pretty obvious the exp grinds and the map specific currencies that are needed for about every collection in the hundreds or thousands are intended to slow down player progress until they can finish working on it, like the legendary armor and whatnot.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
I wonder how long it will take them to release, like, the entire new legendary collection. The one they talked about two years ago and we got 1/4 of on launch. The collections they released are a mess as is and there has not been a peep or hint about any of the remaining 9. I am sure there won't be a word until well after the holidays. I feel certain it will be over a year if they even finish it at all.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Jackard posted:

like that pvp writeup

it sucks, dont play it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I really would have been happy if they just added Elona in the same style of base GW2 maps, although created with the benefit of the adventures/gliding/achievement hunting skinner box.

Cantha in 3d would also be cool, but drat racist asians and their killing of the Canthan district in DR :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I don't really have a problem with the mastery system as it stands right now, after the changes they made post launch. People asked for pve achievements they could work for and they made them. I'm like mastery 19 and don't really care that I am far behind because there's nothing that I REALLY WANT at the end of it. I just enjoy the game as I have. There is still work to be done on improving the HoT maps, but I trust they will work it out in their own ANet fashion (not as fast or informative as we would like).

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I don't really have a problem with the mastery system as it stands right now, after the changes they made post launch. People asked for pve achievements they could work for and they made them. I'm like mastery 19 and don't really care that I am far behind because there's nothing that I REALLY WANT at the end of it. I just enjoy the game as I have. There is still work to be done on improving the HoT maps, but I trust they will work it out in their own ANet fashion (not as fast or informative as we would like).

Whoa look at this guy here. Maybe try getting bent out of shape and rage posting because you don't have every mastery. *harvests a 19 copper sawgill mushroom, right the gently caress in front of you* YEAAAHHH GET hosed, CASUAL

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
If the arus frogs let me warble, with the full on animation, then I'd sure as poo poo have that line be my first go to max out.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Bit of a shame how few armor skins were added with the expansion, correct me if I'm wrong, but we only got leystone, bladed, revenant set, and one piece of armor per specialization, which look like they might of been intended to be worn with a matching set but they ran out of time.

I think they added just as many expansion themed outfits to the gemstore as they added regular armor sets, along with a 2000 gem soul glider that feels like it could of been a cosmetic reward from the raid for a hardmode.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I hate outfits. Can't mix and match :argh:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Bit of a shame how few armor skins were added with the expansion, correct me if I'm wrong, but we only got leystone, bladed, revenant set, and one piece of armor per specialization, which look like they might of been intended to be worn with a matching set but they ran out of time.

I think they added just as many expansion themed outfits to the gemstore as they added regular armor sets, along with a 2000 gem soul glider that feels like it could of been a cosmetic reward from the raid for a hardmode.

And the legendary i guess, and guild armor.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

malhavok posted:

And the legendary i guess, and guild armor.

And all the new backpacks.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

malhavok posted:

And the legendary i guess

The legendary armor doesn't actually exist yet.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Does wintersday have some fun dungeon thing like the labyrinth from halloween?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mike12345 posted:

There is a 5 person "dungeon" where you kill toys inside the giant Christmas blimp.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SansWetware posted:

I wonder how long it will take them to release, like, the entire new legendary collection. The one they talked about two years ago and we got 1/4 of on launch. The collections they released are a mess as is and there has not been a peep or hint about any of the remaining 9. I am sure there won't be a word until well after the holidays. I feel certain it will be over a year if they even finish it at all.

Supposedly the person in charge of legendary collections was changed and some things where going to change about them.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Yes. It's a really cool mini-game that's basically a combination between being Godzilla and tower defense.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

More Fat selfies with my brah Braham

#kabraham #cheerup #couldbeworse

#oh

(why did the Verdant Brink Radio station fail? it played nothing but dead Eir!)

Bonus cheeky wink

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I hope by the next expansion we get something roughly the size and shape and place of this.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Looks like Kerrok's coming down with a bad case of myxovatosis

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I hope by the next expansion we get something roughly the size and shape and place of this.

Hahaha yeah loving right

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

Looks like Kerrok's coming down with a bad case of myxovatosis

You're trying so hard to keep this thread from becoming nothing but relentless bitching.

You can't win this fight, Illu. Just embrace the shitposting. Revel in it.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hahaha yeah loving right
I honestly wish I didn't agree with this.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Vargs posted:

You're trying so hard to keep this thread from becoming nothing but relentless bitching.

You can't win this fight, Illu. Just embrace the shitposting. Revel in it.

I finally beat this JP today on my Nintendo 64

It was a chill afternoon of unlocking stuff and getting cool things in return in a fun and good game, Guild Wars 2.

Aug 24, 2011

ItBurns posted:

I finally beat this JP today on my Nintendo 64

It was a chill afternoon of unlocking stuff and getting cool things in return in a fun and good game, Guild Wars 2.

that puzzle was fun, and good

the glider meant that when i fell i did not have to completely restart everything because i died

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ItBurns posted:

Speaking of a chill evening of getting cool new things

:dance: :toot: :sotw: :yaycloud: :buddy: :allears: :syoon:

The bird's name is Don because Don is awesome and helped me out immensely with making it. He told me not to mention it but I didn't listen. THANK YOU DON.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Congrats on the Donstaff

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

yay kerrzhe!!!!!! :buddy: :buddy: :buddy: grats on your birdfriend who is also the bestfriend.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Speaking of a chill evening of getting cool new things

:dance: :toot: :sotw: :yaycloud: :buddy: :allears: :syoon:

The bird's name is Don because Don is awesome and helped me out immensely with making it. He told me not to mention it but I didn't listen. THANK YOU DON.

Congrats kerrzhe!!!!!! :) Don is the best, isn't he

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Don is my spirit human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Don is great.

and grats on the staff. Judging by guild chat over the past few days it wasn't exactly a fun experience and I happy for you that you don't have to do that garbage anymore.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 13, 2015

• Locked thread