Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Keshik posted:

I did that, it didn't have any options for the other team's people, just mine.

Same here, as far as I can tell you can mute / kick players on your own team, and mute the enemy team

But I didn't see any way to kick people from the enemy team.

Probably to prevent goons kicking the whole enemy team constantly :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

OH yeah you cant kick other team mates. You're gonna get idiots screaming racial poo poo non stop like most games.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Is the game fun? I played the poo poo out Vegas and Vegas 2, for reference, but I do not like CS.

When you kill 4/5ths of a team that's hunting you just by being smarter than them and with some help from your team all shouting enemy locations by watching their cameras you will become addicted to the feeling of being good at this game.

When you execute the last guy hiding in a corner through a wall like Mike in that one scene in Breaking Bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9htKCRq751M you'll feel like the slickest badass in the world.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

When you kill 4/5ths of a team that's hunting you just by being smarter than them and with some help from your team all shouting enemy locations by watching their cameras you will become addicted to the feeling of being good at this game.

When you execute the last guy hiding in a corner through a wall like Mike in that one scene in Breaking Bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9htKCRq751M you'll feel like the slickest badass in the world.

CONFIRMED. Did that today, a dude was hiding in a corner, I moved a drone just close enough to see under the door and see his feet. I shot him through the wall then got called hacker for 10 minutes straight.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captn Kurp posted:

CONFIRMED. Did that today, a dude was hiding in a corner, I moved a drone just close enough to see under the door and see his feet. I shot him through the wall then got called hacker for 10 minutes straight.

Yeah I feel like understanding bullet penetration is going to be the main thing that separates the good players from the bad ones. Pro tip: You can shoot through a lot of floors/ceilings too. A lot of people don't seem to be aware of that/think that only trapdoors can be destroyed.

Another fun thing? You can toss a grenade through the gap under a barricade.I find it's easiest to do while prone, but with good aim you could get it from farther back by crouching/standing.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So if i set my matchmaking to exclude some maps am i being matched with other people that have the same settings or is the game just going to try to not put me in the maps/modes i excluded?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Pretty sure me and my friends saw a guy using one of those weird spinny aimbots earlier. You'd see his killcam after he shot you and his view would be flipping all over the place at extremely high speed. Also he knew I was coming down the hall once while I was slow walking. Yeehaw.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

Pretty sure me and my friends saw a guy using one of those weird spinny aimbots earlier. You'd see his killcam after he shot you and his view would be flipping all over the place at extremely high speed. Also he knew I was coming down the hall once while I was slow walking. Yeehaw.
There are cheaters since closed alpha.

Orv
May 4, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So if i set my matchmaking to exclude some maps am i being matched with other people that have the same settings or is the game just going to try to not put me in the maps/modes i excluded?

It just weights against those maps, it's not a total removal.

Kurgann
Jun 4, 2013
I am loving this game so far. It definitely has issues (connectivity with friends and netcode to name a couple), but I just cannot bring myself to stop playing once I've started. There is a relatively small map pool and only 3 game types, but I have never played the same map the same way twice. The destructibility of the environment and the many different objective placements on each map makes the experience fresh every time.
As I said above, there is a netcode issue giving rise to something we've been calling 'peek advantage' where the player 'peeking' around a corner can see you and kill you before you even see the opposing player. Yes, it gets frustrating, but it alone will not lose you a game.
I got this game for ~30 USD on greenmangaming.com and bought the season pass through UPlay. The game is worth the full asking price, but read up on the season pass before deciding to purchase.
I've been playing with a lot of Goons already, but for those who still need to add me on UPlay my username is I_Kurgann. Let's get together and blow some poo poo up!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Orv posted:

None of that stuff was in question.

DatonKallandor posted:

Glaz shooting through reinforcements is pretty loving weird and obscure - especially considering Tachanka can't.

Orv posted:

It's weird but it's definitely a known quantity by now, like most stuff covered by video game Mythbusters videos.

To that point specifically, Glaz can shoot through a lot of stuff no-one else can. Most of the hardwood desks in the levels are hard cover against everything except Glaz, as well as a few other static environment pieces that crop up almost everywhere. On Plane, Glaz can shoot through some but not all of the exterior windows, meaning Glaz is an absolute terror on Plane with a good player. Just be aware that once he breaches a window it can be shoot through by other people.
Yeah I had no idea about all that stuff Glaz could shoot through, including the castlecades, except the airplane windows (which are weird because there's no indicator which can and cannot be shot through).

Also I didn't know the mute jammers couldn't block the entire length of both reinforced barricades.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

ghetto wormhole posted:

My kill cams look like that whenever I play on American servers, likely a side effect of the higher latency.

It looks like I'm snapping to my targets constantly. Even when I was actually quickly scanning a room, it looks like my aim snapped from one side of the room to the other.

As I've been playing mostly ranked, the accusations of hacking have dropped significantly, but I still get them once every ~4 games as I inevitably end up with the killcam at the end of a round. My stats (>4 win/loss, >2 kdr) certainly don't help.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

People are dumb and will call you a hacker for dumb poo poo. Last guy alive kills my bro, he tells me on vent where he is and I wall him and kill his rear end and he starts losing his poo poo. It's casual, you see where the guy is that killed you with the killcam ffs you should probably move after you kill someone.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

BadLlama posted:

People are dumb and will call you a hacker for dumb poo poo. Last guy alive kills my bro, he tells me on vent where he is and I wall him and kill his rear end and he starts losing his poo poo. It's casual, you see where the guy is that killed you with the killcam ffs you should probably move after you kill someone.

Not only that but there are so many ways for you or a team mate to locate other players using in game gadgets and camereas. Even without using cameras you can located people by sound, I've wall banged so many people who have adjusted their placement without walking that even I felt a little like a cheater lol.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

If you're playing as Kapakan and setting traps, dont bother setting anything in the barricades immediately around the objective. They get breached and blown up anyway. I have gotten so many kills after i just sprint and put tripwires on common exterior doors and windows that most people go though, away from the objective. No one is paying attention to some random door across the building from the objective. Bonus too that most big doorways will have multiple people so you can sometimes get 2 people with it.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Liberatore posted:

My kill cams look like that whenever I play on American servers, likely a side effect of the higher latency.

It looks like I'm snapping to my targets constantly. Even when I was actually quickly scanning a room, it looks like my aim snapped from one side of the room to the other.

As I've been playing mostly ranked, the accusations of hacking have dropped significantly, but I still get them once every ~4 games as I inevitably end up with the killcam at the end of a round. My stats (>4 win/loss, >2 kdr) certainly don't help.

No you're misunderstanding. Your kill cams definitely do not look like this. Imagine if you were watching someone flip their mouse back and forth across the pad at super speed in all 4 directions simultaneously. It's definitely possible it was some sort of weird glitch but it happened on every one of his killcams.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

I love that we've come up with the term wall banging

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dead Like Rev posted:

I love that we've come up with the term wall banging

Old Source term, sorry.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Two minor complaints about this Very Good Game:

1/ The cars have bullet-proof glass. I was playing the Situation which has Glaz rescuing a hostage. There's a terrrrrrist on the other side of a car. I think I'll just pop a headshot through the panes of glass and take him down. Nope, this glass withstands any punishment.

2/ You should be able to hold down a button before the prompt comes up and have it still count. Example, I'm downed and crawling away. I know it's square to hold my bleeding entrails in, and I'm already holding it. The button prompt appears on screen but nothing is happening. I have to let go of the button, then press and hold again to activate it. Same problem with trying to revive someone. The way it is now is really counter-intuitive as I have to wait around for a UI element to pop up before anything can happen, I'm a slave to the HUD rather than it being something that is there to assist me. I don't expect to be able to "do thing" when it's not possible, but when the "do thing" prompt comes up it should recognise that I'm already doing the thing, and not make me stop doing the thing to restart doing the thing. drat it.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 11, 2015

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Just bit the bullet (hah) and picked up a bullets and blades code off Ebay. Looking forward to playing with goons.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Orv posted:

Old Source term, sorry.

Was around before Source, really.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Kanish posted:

If you're playing as Kapakan and setting traps, dont bother setting anything in the barricades immediately around the objective. They get breached and blown up anyway. I have gotten so many kills after i just sprint and put tripwires on common exterior doors and windows that most people go though, away from the objective. No one is paying attention to some random door across the building from the objective. Bonus too that most big doorways will have multiple people so you can sometimes get 2 people with it.

This is super true. I was playing as Thermite last night and was going to go front door > upstairs > through floor to the bomb site.

I didn't make it through the front door. :ghost:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Sent some messages to people in the spread sheet but I just got this game today and am online now. Message me if you're interested, my psn is VforVegans

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Let me preface this by saying I am by no means some sort of elite soldier on the PC.
Holy poo poo, how do you people play this with a controller? I picked it up on PS4 to play with some buddies whose computers can't handle this game. Jesus christ, I think I got one kill all night.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Doctor_Acula posted:

Let me preface this by saying I am by no means some sort of elite soldier on the PC.
Holy poo poo, how do you people play this with a controller? I picked it up on PS4 to play with some buddies whose computers can't handle this game. Jesus christ, I think I got one kill all night.

I did that for about a week straight on PC sooooooo...

But I'm over 25, so I think I qualify as an old man gamer with no reflexes now or something in the shooter crowd. Which isn't wrong.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Just played a game against a team that all had mics so they had the clear advantage and it showed, but when they were up 2-0 on us, they attacked with everyone on their team using a riot shield. It was the funniest thing I have seen in this game so far as one by one they would walk in the room and it finally dawned on me what was happening.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Want to make an attacking team really angry? Run to a 2nd floor window facing the spawn and rip down a barricade and just pick them off.

Had two games where I did it one random round and the round started off 5vs4 and 5vs3 right off the bat. Then the idiots rappelled up to ledge in front of the window, allowing me to just aim at their hooks. People just are sprinting toward the building without even looking.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I got accused of being a "loving roamer piece of poo poo" or w/e because I went upstairs to block off the hatches and got caught up there. People really hate the idea of anyone not being right on top of the objective marker.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Is this worth picking up on PC at this point? Is the community dead?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Yeah, a dozen of days was a formidable run for a PC game. KIA before the first patch arrived.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Yeah, a dozen of days was a formidable run for a PC game. KIA before the first patch arrived.

Rip, never forget.

Roaming seams like a great strategy for an organized team to use, especially on that coast guard map with the two buildings since you can have someone run to the other building and shoot at attackers repelling to the Windows or even just catch the attackers getting to your building since it's such a large map.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Nevermind the thread is active and we're talking about strategy and poo poo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

loving lol

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Its dead but we continue posting about it as part of an elaborate troll to trick people into buying it like we did

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
the game

is fun

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Had the damnedest thing happen on that sovereign citizen house map with the laundry. We had hostage in the laundry basement middle room. I was muting around putting my routers and barricading. I closed the final double door right as timer counted down. When i turned around twitch was in the corner of our hallway under a breakable ceiling that was still closed using her shock drone. My buddy asked if it was an enemy. I said guess so and shot her. My question is how did twitch get there so soon after match start and why did she hunker down to drone right outside our spawn?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are multiplayer games hosted on one of the participants computers or are they on uplay servers? T hunt seems to be hosted from the party leaders comp.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

BadLlama posted:

Are multiplayer games hosted on one of the participants computers or are they on uplay servers? T hunt seems to be hosted from the party leaders comp.

They're hosted on the uplay servers. If they're not I've never seen it change hosts when someone dropped.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Multiplayer games, as noted above, are hosted on Ubisoft's servers. The voice communication, however, is hosted on one of the players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Multiplayer games, as noted above, are hosted on Ubisoft's servers. The voice communication, however, is hosted on one of the players.
You sure? I definitely got dropped to a "the host has disconnected" screen mid match last night. I thought the whole match was p2p.

• Locked thread