Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I see nothing wrong here, that clearly is Dennis Hopper in Super Mario Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What the helll does "Trooping The Color" mean under the pic of Captain Phasma?

Trooping the Colour is a thing that happens in the UK annually where the military march around in front of the Queen. She used to actually take part in her role as notional head of the armed forces, but she got too old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trooping_the_Colour

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is what happens when you tell a lazy layout editor at your mag to make something exciting for the star wars article, when they in fact have never seen star wars. (ie just slap on the first pic they find and assume it's good)

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Or they figure most people aren't nerds and won't even notice? I had no idea what was wrong with that picture.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Or they figure most people aren't nerds and won't even notice? I had no idea what was wrong with that picture.

It's nerdy knowing that the runabouts stationed on DS9 are a larger, longer-distance spacecraft than the typical shuttlecraft assigned to Galaxy class starships. Knowing which end of an X-wing is the front is basic pop movie knowledge, about as nerdy as knowing which side of a screwdriver to use.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No, it's just nerdy. I like Star Wars as much as your average dude, and I never would have looked twice at that. And even if I noticed I probably wouldn't give a poo poo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

You heard it here, folks. Basic knowledge of one of the biggest movies of all time is just nerdy.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I should learn something about Avatar then, so can I stop embarrassing you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no nerds

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
No one mentioning that it's an X-wing doing the shooting at the good guys? Well, at least they got the laser color correct.

Wet Fifty has a new favorite as of 18:55 on Dec 12, 2015

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
"This trivia game sucks. How was I supposed to know that The Godfather was a mafia movie? I haven't seen every movie ever, nerds!"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do you guys seriously think the average person knows which side an X wing fights for or what color its lasers are?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Picnic Princess posted:

Time's sure have changed. In my first years of elementary, corporal punishment was still used. Getting sent to the principal's office meant your were getting the belt. It was outlawed at the time provincially, but this was a small hick town and the government don't tell them what to do.

My first grade teacher would spank us when we misbehaved. And not some half rear end over the pants kind of spanking, it was full on drop your pants and put you over her knee spanking (occasionally with a ruler).

This was in a New York City public school.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Wet Fifty posted:

No one mentioning that it's an X-wing doing the shooting at the good guys? Well, at least they got the laser color correct.

Uhhh..the Rebels are the bad guys cause the Empire is the government and the Rebels are violent separatists and...

:goonsay:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

Do you guys seriously think the average person knows which side an X wing fights for or what color its lasers are?

That photo's at a lovely angle but from any other point of view an Xwing has an unmistakable front and back end. They look like jets.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Etoniichuan posted:

Uhhh..the Rebels are the bad guys cause the Empire is the government and the Rebels are violent separatists and...

:goonsay:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RCarr posted:

Not so much what color its lasers are, but yeah, the average person knows its a rebel ship, and which end is the front if they see a picture of one.

They probably don't know its called an X-Wing tho.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

e: wrong thread

Luigi Thirty has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Dec 12, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RFC2324 posted:

You heard it here, folks. Basic knowledge of one of the biggest movies of all time is just nerdy.

Look at this guy claiming to be a pop culture expert when his Charlie Chaplin avatar doesn't even have his trademark bowler hat :rolleyes:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Look at this guy claiming to be a pop culture expert when his Charlie Chaplin avatar doesn't even have his trademark bowler hat :rolleyes:

Ok, I lol'd pretty drat hard.

E: It exists...

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

RFC2324 posted:

So many 'traps sprung' ITT lol.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

RCarr posted:

No, but I think that almost anyone could figure out "which direction is this ship facing?" because they look like contemporary aircraft.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Dazzle camo, probably

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wayfinder posted:

Dazzle camo, probably

Off topic, but dazzle camo is the best camo.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Luigi Thirty posted:

e: wrong thread

you can say that again

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

No, but I think that almost anyone could figure out "which direction is this ship facing?" because they look like contemporary aircraft.

Ok I give up. Apparently every person analyzes every picture they see randomly in a newspaper to make sure it's not photoshopped to be slightly different. Sounds realistic.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

I like that the heading is EDUCATION

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

RCarr posted:

I'm a huge goddamn nerd and i just assumed it was just a new type of ship

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

canyoneer posted:

Yes, star wars has no ships with front to back symmetry, thinking a star wars ship could possibly not have a nose cone would be insane, because there are no star wars ships without them

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I couldn't see it was an X-wing at all.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is more autism than humor.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
At least it's not a bunch of assholes discussing the super exciting topic of how they boil water

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RFC2324 posted:

Not so much what color its lasers are, but yeah, the average person knows its a rebel ship, and which end is the front if they see a picture of one.

They probably don't know its called an X-Wing tho.

This was the point I was trying to make. Like, I don't care that the person who put the mockup together has no idea what a Star War is, but the fact that they used what was obviously the very first pic they found through whatever means of searching they use of a spaceship that looks from literally any other angle like basically a modern jet with a clear front and back shows so little fucks given on the job. I mean, if someone asked them to use the ships from episode one with their confusing shape, it'd make sense if they got it wrong.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It looks fine to me :cool:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
If you look closely at the pic it's Anita Sarkeesian running away from the reverse x-wing. It's actually all about gamergate.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i thought it was originally posted because jesus christ that newspaper needs to fire their layout designer

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Go start a thread called 'Talk About Pictures' already and stop loving this thread up with your boring rear end derails

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Move to ban people who don't post any actual pics

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

Move to ban people who don't post any actual pics

It's hard to post pics on my tablet. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

RFC2324 posted:

Off topic, but dazzle camo is the best camo.

I feel like this ship would dock and discharge a horrifying army of clowns.

• Locked thread