Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

^^^^ Factory does rock indeed, I got the Restaurant and the Detective Agency the other day with no problems, so buy his stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Rythe posted:

^^^^ Factory does rock indeed, I got the Restaurant and the Detective Agency the other day with no problems, so buy his stuff.

Hey thanks!

I've still got a UCS tie fighter to sell along with a palace cinema.

I also just found a huge bag of random mini figures so I guess you'll get like 5-10 of those with purchase too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Factory posted:

Hey thanks!

I've still got a UCS tie fighter to sell along with a palace cinema.

I also just found a huge bag of random mini figures so I guess you'll get like 5-10 of those with purchase too.

Would you ship to the UK?

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Would you ship to the UK?

PM me your address and I'll get a quote depending on what you're interested. I will ship to the UK, but I'll need to see what the shipping cost is first.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I had the most disappointing dream last night.
I got the new Lego catalog in the mail, and was flipping through it. There was a new Ideas set, that was a spaceship in the vein of the Exo-Suit, and it had a landing pad baseplate. Then I looked at the rest of the catalog more carefully, and it was full of Lego's new Classic Space Revival. 80s-era space sets with modern designs. It was goddamn awesome, and I was pumped.

I actually started suspecting I was dreaming before I woke up. C'mon, Lego, we need a full space revival!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Pyroclastic posted:

I dreamed I was refused an offer for a job I interviewed for yesterday which was also pretty disappointing.

I've never had a LEGO related dream, which is strange considering I've been collecting them on and off and on again since I was in elementary school. You'd think at least one "hey, who threw this UCS Star Destroy new in box in the garbage? Guess it's mine now" dream would have at least happened.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
With you guys having good success with Factory, I think I'll just unload my horded Lego here too. A few years back when I had a much more low-paying job I fell under the "well maybe I will make free money on sitting on Lego to speculate" bullshit delusion, and now I just want to get rid of them and not deal with Ebay and the hassle of people on there, as my previous posts attested to. Plus my wife will love me for cleaning out half of a closet.

PM if interested in any of the following (new in box otherwise noted):

- Star Wars Y-Wing 9495
- Star Wars Tie Fighter 9492
- Star Wars Endor Rebel Squad set
- Star Wars Ewok Attack set
- LOTR Attack at Weathertop
- Lego Movie Flying Flusher
- Lego Movie Cloud Cuckoo + extra opened set without minifigs
- TMNT Lair
- TMNT Shredder Chase
- TMNT Michaelango / Krang set (basically all of the TMNT minifigs in these 3 sets)
- Entire line of Alien Conquest (opened & bagged, no boxes but all there)
- Mixels Series 1 red guys, plus some yellow
- Mixels all of Series 2
- Mixels all of Series 3

What's the kosher thing to do about these sales? Keep it in PMs, or maybe a separate SA-Mart post to track the purchases or such too?

jeeves fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 12, 2015

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

I got the new Lego catalog in the mail, and was flipping through it. There was a new Ideas set, that was a spaceship in the vein of the Exo-Suit, and it had a landing pad baseplate. Then I looked at the rest of the catalog more carefully, and it was full of Lego's new Classic Space Revival. 80s-era space sets with modern designs. It was goddamn awesome, and I was pumped.

I actually started suspecting I was dreaming before I woke up. C'mon, Lego, we need a full space revival!

i have a recurring dream about finding dusty, NIB classic space sets on the clearance rack in the back of a small toy store. it always seems so real, then i wake up :smith:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I keep dreaming that I'm rooting around in my mom's attic and uncover the missing half of my classic space collection.

I make myself feel better by buying light grey and blue pieces from bricklink.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Do I need to e-mail Lego to get the replacement parts for the Wall-E? I haven't built mine yet because I figured a fix was coming out soon.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

obi_ant posted:

Do I need to e-mail Lego to get the replacement parts for the Wall-E? I haven't built mine yet because I figured a fix was coming out soon.

You can call too

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

obi_ant posted:

Speaking of, I just got an email this afternoon saying the neck fix is done, and the pieces with new instructions were on their way out to everyone. ETA 10 business days or less.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Have the opportunity to get the UCS SSD for $500, which is an incredible deal but also a ton of money for me. Should I go for it?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Lego shop now has Death Star as retiring soon, just a heads up.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

bloodysabbath posted:

Lego shop now has Death Star as retiring soon, just a heads up.

Yeah, that's likely because of the announcement or leak of the new UCS one for 2016, although that might be Starkiller Base so who knows

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Zodack posted:

Yeah, that's likely because of the announcement or leak of the new UCS one for 2016, although that might be Starkiller Base so who knows

Are there photos of this yet??

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Zodack posted:

Have the opportunity to get the UCS SSD for $500, which is an incredible deal but also a ton of money for me. Should I go for it?

Still kicking myself for missing this, so were it me I'd jump all over it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

bloodysabbath posted:

Are there photos of this yet??

I wish. There probably won't be for quite a while, but we have a set number.

The Rage posted:

Still kicking myself for missing this, so were it me I'd jump all over it.

I'm a bit skeptical of it being a scam because the deal is so good. $500 is a pretty big investment for me (grad student) but it's one of the most iconic star wars LEGO sets and if I don't get it now at this price I'll probably never get the chance again.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Zodack posted:

I wish. There probably won't be for quite a while, but we have a set number.

I'm a bit skeptical of it being a scam because the deal is so good. $500 is a pretty big investment for me (grad student) but it's one of the most iconic star wars LEGO sets and if I don't get it now at this price I'll probably never get the chance again.

Eh, $500 isn't that low for a used SSD, especially if they aren't including the minifigs.

But the price certainly won't be dropping in the future. Even if they re-released the UCS Falcon, I'm not sure I'd bite at a $500 price point. That's a hell of a lot of money for a set, giant as it is. I skipped the SSD, and the only UCS I have is the Death Star II because it was half price when I got it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Pyroclastic posted:

Eh, $500 isn't that low for a used SSD, especially if they aren't including the minifigs.

It's not used, it's NIB. Allegedly. Which is the reason I'm considering picking it up, because if I have second thoughts there's a good chance I can flip it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

$500 is pretty drat low for a SSD. Assuming it's not a scam, buy it. Even out of the box you could probably make $100 if you had to sell it.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

jeeves posted:

With you guys having good success with Factory, I think I'll just unload my horded Lego here too. A few years back when I had a much more low-paying job I fell under the "well maybe I will make free money on sitting on Lego to speculate" bullshit delusion, and now I just want to get rid of them and not deal with Ebay and the hassle of people on there, as my previous posts attested to. Plus my wife will love me for cleaning out half of a closet.

PM if interested in any of the following (new in box otherwise noted):

- Star Wars Y-Wing 9495
- Star Wars Tie Fighter 9492
- Star Wars Endor Rebel Squad set
- Star Wars Ewok Attack set
- LOTR Attack at Weathertop
- Lego Movie Flying Flusher
- Lego Movie Cloud Cuckoo + extra opened set without minifigs
- TMNT Lair
- TMNT Shredder Chase
- TMNT Michaelango / Krang set (basically all of the TMNT minifigs in these 3 sets)
- Entire line of Alien Conquest (opened & bagged, no boxes but all there)
- Mixels Series 1 red guys, plus some yellow
- Mixels all of Series 2
- Mixels all of Series 3

What's the kosher thing to do about these sales? Keep it in PMs, or maybe a separate SA-Mart post to track the purchases or such too?

Bricklink is pretty good for selling complete sets. Either way since the thread got moved to DIY & Hobbies I wouldn't say it's active enough for the odd selling post to be an issue.

On that note how much for all the mixels shipped to Sheffield, UK?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I built the first level of the detective agency and all I can safely say this is my favorite modular build so far. The whole candy smuggling theme is so well done with all the trap doors and hidey holes, not to mention the change of clothes hidden in the garbage can in case you need to make a get away. Such a well done design and I can't wait to see what the rest of the floors have.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just picked up Minotaurus at Target for $15, it included the Lego Battles DS game as well. I feel like that was a good deal, with that huge rear end base plate, which is an $8 piece to buy separately included.

How is Lego Battles anyway? Is it decent or should I just throw it up as trade-in credit somewhere?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

$500 is pretty drat low for a SSD. Assuming it's not a scam, buy it. Even out of the box you could probably make $100 if you had to sell it.

That's the plan. Not sure how easy it would be to figure out how a box would be a scam but I'm probably going to go for it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Zodack posted:

That's the plan. Not sure how easy it would be to figure out how a box would be a scam but I'm probably going to go for it.

Make sure it is not literally just a box.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Sky Pirates vs. Ninjas?, yes please. The Misfortunes Keep set looks especially fun.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Visited the Lego Christmas tree at Federation Square in Melbourne, Aus today. Unfortunately we couldn't hang around until night time to see it all lit up but it was still pretty good.

Images linked for huge: http://imgur.com/a/DC7Xn

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, that reminds me, I should take pics of the Lego train here in London.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Speaking of set numbers for new UCS Star Wars stuff next year, same site that was reporting a new UCS Death Star is also reporting a UCS Snowspeeder.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

MaliciousOnion posted:

Visited the Lego Christmas tree at Federation Square in Melbourne, Aus today. Unfortunately we couldn't hang around until night time to see it all lit up but it was still pretty good.

Images linked for huge: http://imgur.com/a/DC7Xn

You guys get all the good stuff, we've still got a mangy normal tree in Perth :colbert:

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure Lego fans probably know this, but for any lurkers like me who may be just getting into buying these things (I have a 4 year old son who has graduated from Duplo to Lego) if you buy any Legos from Wal-Mart OPEN THEM IMMEDIATELY TO CHECK FOR ALL PARTS.

I spent $40 on a Tie Prototype set and I just discovered it is missing EVERYTHING and instead has only bags #5 and #6 from some other set and its manual.

I no longer have a receipt (bought it with groceries a couple weeks ago) so I'm S.O.L.

I just opened up 2 more expensive sets I got him to be from Santa to check, and thank God they're all there (First Order Transport from the new movie ans Death Star Duel from Return of the Jedi).

God gently caress Wal-Mart. Why did I wait and not buy these things when they were still in stock at Amazon.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'm sure Lego fans probably know this, but for any lurkers like me who may be just getting into buying these things (I have a 4 year old son who has graduated from Duplo to Lego) if you buy any Legos from Wal-Mart OPEN THEM IMMEDIATELY TO CHECK FOR ALL PARTS.

I spent $40 on a Tie Prototype set and I just discovered it is missing EVERYTHING and instead has only bags #5 and #6 from some other set and its manual.

I no longer have a receipt (bought it with groceries a couple weeks ago) so I'm S.O.L.

I just opened up 2 more expensive sets I got him to be from Santa to check, and thank God they're all there (First Order Transport from the new movie ans Death Star Duel from Return of the Jedi).

God gently caress Wal-Mart. Why did I wait and not buy these things when they were still in stock at Amazon.

Yknow I'm all for saying "gently caress Wal-Mart" but A) this isn't their fault and B) you can still return without a receipt 90% of the time as long as you haven't abused that ability and don't act like a shithead. You'd get store credit or something but whatever.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
You can also usually have them re-print a receipt if you have the card you put it on and a date of purchase (and maybe some other info).

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
WELL Wal-Mart let me return it for a store credit gift card and they only frowned at me so I guess they're OK.

So gently caress the lovely-rear end in a top hat who did this to the last one in stock. I hope it's not going out of print, it's a pretty cool set for the price. His birthday is in Jna. so I could always get it then. Maybe Amazon will get them back in stock after Christmas.

Does Lego publish when sets are going to go out of print?

===================================================

Anyway, more on topic for this thread, anyone ever made a Lego table? Planning on making one for my son for Christmas. I bough a table from Amazon and I also got 8 10x10 inch sand colored base plates. I was planning on using Loctite spray adhesive in a can. Sound like a plan? I know I need to use some lego pieces to properly space the plates since they need just a hair of space between them for pieces to fit properly between plates.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

Does Lego publish when sets are going to go out of print?

It's a 2015 set, it's probably just popular for Christmas.

BTW, I'm seeing some of them in stock for in-store Target pickup, and only $32. http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-tie-advanced-prototype-75082/-/A-16752353

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

It's a 2015 set, it's probably just popular for Christmas.

BTW, I'm seeing some of them in stock for in-store Target pickup, and only $32. http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-tie-advanced-prototype-75082/-/A-16752353

Thanks but I live in rural southern town and the nearest Target is a 90 minute round trip away. Ditto nearest Wal-Mart with the set actually in stock.

I'll just cross my fingers for it to get back in stock on Amazon in January. I should have got it there when I had the chance, it was $32 as well and with free 2-day prime shipping.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Well that worked out great.

For anyone who has been wanting it, the Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle Set is on sale for $99 at Wal-Mart's website.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Kylo-Ren-s-Command-Shuttle-75104/45059381

Used my return gift card towards it. I think it's $120 on LEGO.com and was once $109 on Amazon that I saw, but I personally haven't seen it for this cheap.

Well this is cool. Now my son gets all the new movie baddies for Christmas between this and the troop transport with the Game of Thrones lady's character, as well as Luke, Vader, and Emporer from the duel set. I'll probably just get him the Millenium Falcon set for his B-Day in January, then he'll have pretty much everyone I believe. Except for the Poe guy.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

Anyway, more on topic for this thread, anyone ever made a Lego table? Planning on making one for my son for Christmas. I bough a table from Amazon and I also got 8 10x10 inch sand colored base plates. I was planning on using Loctite spray adhesive in a can. Sound like a plan? I know I need to use some lego pieces to properly space the plates since they need just a hair of space between them for pieces to fit properly between plates.

Make sure you don't butt the base plates together, I'm prettysure you will not be able to connect a brick between the seams. I think there has to be a tiny gap between the plates to make sure the bricks fit right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Rythe posted:

Make sure you don't butt the base plates together, I'm prettysure you will not be able to connect a brick between the seams. I think there has to be a tiny gap between the plates to make sure the bricks fit right.

This is correct.