Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Riosan posted:

Uhhhhhhhh...huh?

I work with a couple of guys who are/were Stern listeners. All I have to do is that, and everyone loses it.

Also, calling someone and when they pick up, "I'm real busy [name] I'll call you right back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jose Oquendo posted:

I work with a couple of guys who are/were Stern listeners. All I have to do is that, and everyone loses it.

Also, calling someone and when they pick up, "I'm real busy [name] I'll call you right back."

When I first heard Riley Martin (and I still haven't listened to much, though I've heard the clips that Howard has played), I got the names of the alien races mixed up. I started mentioning, in my Riley Martin impression, things about the 'Behoovians' and the 'Trargressians', and now she refuses to acknowledge that it's actually 'Be-ahvians' or however you spell that.

Also, she really enjoyed the 'Bitch, I.... Bitch, I have never... I have never begged... for anything in my whole life."

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sometimes I'll find myself doing Richard's Ethel character, "God bless God, God bless our blessings." or "Akumbe Mumbwoonge"
Or I'll make attempts at Billy West impersonations, like Marge Schott, "I puke on the queers!"

I'm popular and respected in my workplace.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Sometimes when I see a tragic story in the news, I do the Jackie laugh to myself

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Sometimes when I see a tragic story in the news, I do the Jackie laugh to myself

I've spent so much time imitating Billy and Fred imitating Jackie's laugh that sometimes I catch myself Jackie-laughing when I hear something funny. Fortunately, it only seems to happen when I'm alone.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Riosan posted:

Uhhhhhhhh...huh?
This is the one I catch myself doing every so often.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Has there been any news about whether or not the next few weeks are the last ones on Sirius?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Transmodiar posted:

Has there been any news about whether or not the next few weeks are the last ones on Sirius?

lol

Nice to see Howard's arrogance hasn't changed since 5 years ago. What a gently caress.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

When I first heard Riley Martin (and I still haven't listened to much, though I've heard the clips that Howard has played), I got the names of the alien races mixed up. I started mentioning, in my Riley Martin impression, things about the 'Behoovians' and the 'Trargressians', and now she refuses to acknowledge that it's actually 'Be-ahvians' or however you spell that.

Also, she really enjoyed the 'Bitch, I.... Bitch, I have never... I have never begged... for anything in my whole life."

Bea- Arthurians from the planet Maude

You really need to find the riley martin packs and listen to them. He is easily one of my favorite Stern personalities.

Even his first call was gold; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYxBhAaJbo

Crotch Bat posted:

This show has without a doubt warped my mind. Also impersonating Riley Martin is unbelievable fun/funny to me. I can entertain myself for far longer than I should just by sitting there and riffing off things in his voice and cadence.

I couldn't count the times a classic rock song has came on and I immediately thought of some parody of it.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 11, 2015

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Cliche Guevara posted:

lol

Nice to see Howard's arrogance hasn't changed since 5 years ago. What a gently caress.

Howard 100 & 101 is just going to be gone one morning, as a big gently caress You to fans that have been loyal to him for 30-something years.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm really happy to pirate Howard's stuff because there is honestly no telling if one day it'll all just vanish and never reappear. If he had any sense in him at all he would have hired like one or two guys a couple years ago and say here's my entire career, cut all the bits, songs, interviews, pranks, etc. and date them and label them and put them up on a site and after I retire I'll charge $15 or $20 a month for unlimited listening and make a killing.

I'd pay $250 a year in a heartbeat if I got all the Howard I wanted. Make a simple site, give people the ability to search/favorite/make playlists and you have a guaranteed moneymaker for the rest of your days(and believe me he still cares about making money, it's part of how he defines himself as a success in life).

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm really happy to pirate Howard's stuff because there is honestly no telling if one day it'll all just vanish and never reappear. If he had any sense in him at all he would have hired like one or two guys a couple years ago and say here's my entire career, cut all the bits, songs, interviews, pranks, etc. and date them and label them and put them up on a site and after I retire I'll charge $15 or $20 a month for unlimited listening and make a killing.

I'd pay $250 a year in a heartbeat if I got all the Howard I wanted. Make a simple site, give people the ability to search/favorite/make playlists and you have a guaranteed moneymaker for the rest of your days(and believe me he still cares about making money, it's part of how he defines himself as a success in life).

Yeah, but that's the opposite of what he wants... he is busy burying/censoring all his old work.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I know there have been occasions where people have posted links to older stuff, but does anybody know if there's a true archive of Howard stuff online? I know I may not be the biggest fan in the world, but it would be a shame if all of it went the way of the dodo.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
There is a Todd Packer torrent out in the wild. scriptcover.com also.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

There is a Todd Packer torrent out in the wild. scriptcover.com also.

Speaking of, I would absolutely love it if the goon who manages this site (I can't remember your name, sorry :ohdear:) had ALL of the Eric the Midget stuff on there. The 2006-2009 is wonderful, and I just wish it went from the real beginning to the tribute episode.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Speaking of, I would absolutely love it if the goon who manages this site (I can't remember your name, sorry :ohdear:) had ALL of the Eric the Midget stuff on there. The 2006-2009 is wonderful, and I just wish it went from the real beginning to the tribute episode.

Well, give it to me to upload and I'll put it there. :) The packs on my site were done by me, and I gave up listening on a regular basis in 2009. Someone did a terrestrial pack of ETM that I had, but I don't any more.

If anyone else has audio they want to share on that site, just let me know and I'll upload it. Always looking for new clips to listen to.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I want a Riley Martin piss jug for Christmas.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

A little birdie told me if you google the words 'eric the midget' and the number 524 a helpful link might appear somehow.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

A little birdie told me if you google the words 'eric the midget' and the number 524 a helpful link might appear somehow.

You're the best. :allears: Also, this has to be one of my favourite bits from the show, ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAAhs40TkJM

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I have never seen someone hit a brick wall in a worse way than Kathleen Turner. If you told me she was a pod person I think it'd be more believable. I mean she looks like MtF John Goodman in that pic.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Crotch Bat posted:

I have never seen someone hit a brick wall in a worse way than Kathleen Turner. If you told me she was a pod person I think it'd be more believable. I mean she looks like MtF John Goodman in that pic.

I watched the Dumb and Dumber sequel and had no idea she was in it until someone told me. She was soooooooooooooooooo hot in the that Body Heat scene.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

....Artie

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Artie wasn't a national sex symbol for a decade. Like go imagine Jennifer Aniston eating an entire farm while getting testosterone supplements and then there will be some sort of comparison for how far she has fallen.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 11, 2015

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Hahaha didn't know she was that high up on the j/o mountain, different generations and all that

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Crotch Bat posted:

Artie wasn't a national sex symbol for a decade. Like go imagine Jennifer Aniston eating an entire farm while getting testosterone supplements and then there will be some sort of comparison for how far she has fallen.
Would pay good moneys to have Kathleen Turner and Nicole Bass sing Christmas Carol duets.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sasquatch! posted:

Would pay good moneys to have Kathleen Turner and Nicole Bass sing Christmas Carol duets.

Jingle balls, jingle balls...

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

She went from Turner to Hooch.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

CortezFantastic posted:

scriptcover.com also.

Thank you, I keep a bookmark folder of stern show dl links.

Also, KC wins and loses $330k might be the most blatantly fake bit I have ever heard. KC sounds like he is reading from a card and he makes sure to say GOLDENPALACE DOT COM like 10 times.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Did we get confirmation that these are the last few shows today? I tuned in to hear Howard talking about holiday plays, and he said something about "hearing us as much as you can, before....we sort of... fade off into the ether.". Robin commented on it, and he quickly got off the topic, there was a bit of dead air for a bit and they started in on something else.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Back in high school if you had told me the Stern show would go out with such a pathetic whimper I would have never believed you.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Back in high school if you had told me the Stern show would go out with such a pathetic whimper I would have never believed you.

To be fair, he never lied about being bad at sex

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
So what are everyones predictions for the future of the show? Personally I think he will stay on the air in some capacity but it won't be on Sirius. I think Howard is still butthurt about the whole lawsuit thing from a few years back (both his loss and the fact that it went public).

I think he will move on to some low effort Internet format or a TV interview show that dies a death within a year.

Robin will retire so she can privately balloon up even more in weight.
Fred will pretty much disappear from public view (and possibly return to Mars)
Gary, Will, and Jason will get new radio producer jobs elsewhere.
Richard will return to being a touring musician and will probably have the happiest life out of everyone.
Sal and JD will be dead within five years due to a lack of employable skills.
Jon Hein still has his Jump the Shark money so he will gorging himself on Whitecastle burgers while getting blown by strangers till the Diabeetus finally does him in.
Either Scott the Engineer or Stuttering John will try and write a tell all book about the backstage of the show that gets killed by Howard's lawyers.
Who cares what happens to Benjy.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Hello Artie 100 and 101!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

So what are everyones predictions for the future of the show? Personally I think he will stay on the air in some capacity but it won't be on Sirius. I think Howard is still butthurt about the whole lawsuit thing from a few years back (both his loss and the fact that it went public).

I think he will move on to some low effort Internet format or a TV interview show that dies a death within a year.

Robin will retire so she can privately balloon up even more in weight.
Fred will pretty much disappear from public view (and possibly return to Mars)
Gary, Will, and Jason will get new radio producer jobs elsewhere.
Richard will return to being a touring musician and will probably have the happiest life out of everyone.
Sal and JD will be dead within five years due to a lack of employable skills.
Jon Hein still has his Jump the Shark money so he will gorging himself on Whitecastle burgers while getting blown by strangers till the Diabeetus finally does him in.
Either Scott the Engineer or Stuttering John will try and write a tell all book about the backstage of the show that gets killed by Howard's lawyers.
Who cares what happens to Benjy.

I think Sal will be the most popular of them all, due to the eventual murder/suicide that will end him and his wife. It'll probably be the true Howard Stern retirement plan where all of the hangers-on get to get a payout for saying 'we always knew he had screws loose' and the like.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'd hope Gary has enough cash to retire by now.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

haljordan posted:

Now I can spend all day writing lists and listening to my jukebox, boff.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Top 10 Songs That Sound Good When You're Retired

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Top 10 Songs That Sound Good When You're Retired

Top 5 sports anthems to listen to when sitting on a stool

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Now these aren't the best songs to listen to when you're sitting, just when you're sitting on a stool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

haljordan posted:

I gotta keep working Boff. I spent too much money on stools for ma home theater.