Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Flikken posted:

Mel, I sent you a pm.

Mel got your back dog

Mel got your back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mel got your back dog

Mel got your back

Things that the Broncos Organization cannot say.

I love you, Mel

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chilichimp posted:

Things that the Broncos Organization cannot say.

I love you, Mel

They betrayed me first :colbert:

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Hello friends. I have missed you all, even those of you with trash opinions who don't like Space Jam

So here's this week's hot takes

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/12/12/2fart2furious-week-14-preview-not-a-move-common-to-the-game/

And also I realized I never linked last week's in here on account of my garbage brain not working right, so here's that if you didn't seek it out

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/12/06/2fart2furious-week-13-preview-hate-thanksgiving-yall-2/

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I love that everyone's picking the Steelers. It's going to be the most lopsided Bengals win in that rivalry in ten years.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I only picked them because it fit with the joke.

I think I got almost every single game wrong last week.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

quote:

The Giants were the team of destiny right up until Gronk spiked his knee into oblivion and the Patriots lost two games in a row. The Giants had their chance, but their fates were sealed when perfection eluded Billy’s Aryan team. Now is the time of the clown. When Romo went down, Jerry Jones ascended Mount Sinai where he remained for 40 days, and when he returned to Cowboys Stadium he had two stone tablets in hand. Upon them was written a simple message: “How bout them Cowboys?”

The Cowboys have the Lord on their side and he will help them smite the team led by a quarterback who lives his life in secret sin. The Cowboys are America’s Team, which makes them God’s Team by default, and they will march to the playoffs with a staggering 7 wins. Once there Romo will return, having been blessed by the Holy Spirit, and Jehovah’s chosen quarterback will trash can the Packers in the NFC Championship. Did Dez catch it? You bet he did. 12 times for 300 yards. And once all is said and done, they’ll lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl by 80 points because good things don’t even happen to me in my most elaborate fantasies.

This is my type of poo poo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

TOMATOMETER

36%
Average Rating: 5.1/10
Reviews Counted: 50
Fresh: 18
Rotten: 32
Critics Consensus: A harmless mishmash of basketball and animation that'll entertain kids but leave adults less than thrilled.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The light is clearly gone from those reviewers lives.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Febreeze as a guy who likes history I love the reference to a great historical cartoon in today's comic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NC-17 you'll find that your hatred of an awesome movie was nothing but plain water.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fun fact, the Quad City DJs, like all the greatest bands in history, are from Jacksonville

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

JT Jag posted:

Fun fact, the Quad City DJs, like all the greatest bands in history, are from Jacksonville

Way to out yourself as a Limp Bizkit fan.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Are you not?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

I be loving this poo poo right here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Give me something to break

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Way to out yourself as a Limp Bizkit fan.
My statement stands, as Limp Bizkit is an all time great band/artist for late-90s/early 2000s early teenager me, along with Linkin Park and Papa Roach

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

My statement stands, as Limp Bizkit is an all time great band/artist for late-90s/early 2000s early teenager me, along with Linkin Park and Papa Roach

Papa Roach has the distinction of providing the anthem to a pretty rad era of professional wrestling.

loving approved.

Nov 6, 2002

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

For those curious, 46-10 to the Bears.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I want to go to Zanzibar, where the Bengals are 2-0 in the superbowl.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cut my fart into pieces
This is my only song

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

axeil posted:

Febreeze as a guy who likes history I love the reference to a great historical cartoon in today's comic.

Yay someone got it, I was worried it would be too obscure even though that image always stuck with me

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/jj-watt-breaks-his-hand/

Nov 6, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

I want to go to Zanzibar, where the Bengals are 2-0 in the superbowl.

Nov 6, 2002

Found at Comic-Con.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Found at Comic-Con.

Wow, they're really embellishing the size of Tom Brady there.

If only there was some kind of tool one could use to deflate his upper body... perhaps one could apply the moniker deflator to this tool for greater clarity as to it's use.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I went to a concert that was Limp Bizkit. Papa Roach, Eminem and uhhh Xzhibit I think. Peak turn of the millenium right there.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mel got your back dog

Mel got your back

Thanks man, you are pretty awesome for a team jumping bandwagon steelers fan.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Febreeze posted:

Yay someone got it, I was worried it would be too obscure even though that image always stuck with me

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/jj-watt-breaks-his-hand/

The whole story is nuts. Some guy gets SO MAD about a Senator saying that slavery was threatening to take hold in Kansas due to militia activity that he ambushes the guy and beats him near to death with a cane. And the guy who did the ambushing was a sitting member of Congress!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding_Kansas

quote:

Bleeding Kansas - Open Violence

On May 1856, Republican Senator Charles Sumner took to the floor to denounce the threat of slavery in Kansas and humiliate its supporters. He had devoted his enormous energies to the destruction of what Republicans called the Slave Power, that is the efforts of slave owners to take control of the federal government and ensure the survival and expansion of slavery. In the speech (called "The Crime against Kansas") Sumner ridiculed the honor of elderly South Carolina Senator Andrew Butler, portraying his pro-slavery agenda towards Kansas with the raping of a virgin and characterizing his affection for it in sexual and revolting terms.[9] The next day Butler's cousin, the South Carolina Congressman Preston Brooks, nearly killed Sumner on the Senate floor with a heavy cane. The action electrified the nation, brought violence to the floor of the Senate, and deepened the North-South split.[10]

I mean, maybe comparing slavery to raping a virgin is a bit far, but nearly killing a man because he insulted your uncle just proved his point about the dangers of Slave Power.

And now we have all learned a little bit of history thanks to our love of FARTing.

edit: And as a follow up, after this John Brown and a gang hacked five people to death with broadswords. The 1800s were crazy.

quote:

The violence continued to increase. Ohioan abolitionist Brown led his sons and other followers to plan the murder of settlers who spoke in favor of slavery. At a proslavery settlement at Pottawatomie Creek on the night of May 24, the group seized five pro-slavery men from their homes and hacked them to death with broadswords. Brown and his men escaped and began plotting a full-scale slave insurrection to take place at Harpers Ferry, Virginia, with financial support from Boston abolitionists.[11]

axeil fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 13, 2015

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
John Brown, at least in this painting, looks the sort to chop men up with a sword.

Nov 6, 2002

My favorite note about John Brown:

When Brown's group was surrounded during the raid on the Harpers Ferry Armory, he sent his son out to negotiate, but they were shot at. His son came back in wounded, and later asked his father to just finish him off so he didn't have to continue to suffer, to which Brown told him to shut up and just die like a man, leaving him to die from his wounds.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I'm most impressed at how John Brown could go from looking like Willem Dafoe to the bearded force of nature depicted in that painting in like 5 years.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

amazing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This is cool and good, and I thank you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My favorite John Brown thing is finding this children's book randomly at a stop and shop:

It is the most metal of all Children's books.

It's on my desk at work so I can tell people about the wonderfulness that was John Brown, the only good one.

Nov 6, 2002

holy cow I want that

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

John Brown was probably a legitimate crazy person, and also great and morally right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Like most "radicals" he was just ahead of his time.

• Locked thread