Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Shadow0 posted:

This is a .jpg. I'm still trying to figure out if this animated or just drawn so well that it tricks us all into thinking it is.

Nah it's a gif, a filename is just a filename.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Bad Seafood posted:

Dude'd just punch the Earth once and be done with it. Who has time to track down each and every hero, sheesh.

Someone who is tremendously bored.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I understand why someone would entertain the notion of Saitama becoming evil for a minute, but it seems odd to go to the trouble of actually drawing panels for it.

It's not even good for a what if thing like if Superman became a tyrant, Saitama just loving kills everyone and that's the end.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

what if saitama became garou.jpg

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

a kitten posted:

have some of this instead.

This owns.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm still not sure whether Saitama knows how strong he actually is, but I guess that's part of the fun.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

muike posted:

I'm still not sure whether Saitama knows how strong he actually is, but I guess that's part of the fun.

I think he doesnt know for sure - How could he actually test his limits? He's not exactly self aware either.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Saitama will realize how strong he actually is when we find out how he got so strong. Hopefully, never

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Who would win in a fight, superman or one punch man?We will assume a silver-age superman.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I love that Saitama just effortlessly deals with all problems related to punching, and I hope at no point in the manga does that ever change. The thing that makes him interesting is how he relates to other people while basically being an invincible god, not how he deals with fights. I'd roll my eyes if the series ever fell back onto the Shonen tropes of him facing a new and overwhelming threat that he had to power up to overcome or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Who would win in a fight, superman or one punch man?We will assume a silver-age superman.

I can say for sure that you lose for posting this god-awful death match nerd versus bullshit. Don't do this.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

a kitten posted:

Actually, i think you'd find that...
:goonsay:

Dr. Manhattan is kinda like Superman.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I can say for sure that you lose for posting this god-awful death match nerd versus bullshit. Don't do this.

:yikes:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

Incorrect the answer is that superman would become saitamas disciple

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Incorrect the answer is that superman would become saitamas disciple

I want Saitama to show up in a Superman comic now like the Colossal Titan did for Marvel

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saitama, Superman, and Goku go out for drinks.

The end.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Better question: what kind of pub do they go to, and what sort of burger would Saitama want?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Trick question, Saitama can't afford to go to a pub.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RatHat posted:

Trick question, Saitama can't afford to go to a pub.

The tab is on Supes, he has a black AmEx given to him by his good buddy Bruce

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Supes is friends with Bruce Willis?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

HenryEx posted:

Bruce Springsteen idiot

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
drat, i'm envious.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

HenryEx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeX2E5BUXY

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Waffleman_ posted:

VS arguments are lame even when the two subjects chosen at least narratively make sense to be put against each other. It's extra dumb when you pair up something with it's parody/deconstruction version.

OPM is a deconstruction of what action mangas do and are, so it's like asking if the Hulk or Bugs Bunny would win in a fight. Saitama is the embodiment of the absurd conclusion of every shonen protagonist mixed with purestrain plot armor.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I feel like both are very strong... But Superman's access to Krypton's super science would give him the edge.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spiderdrake posted:

Better question: what kind of pub do they go to, and what sort of burger would Saitama want?

Saitama would order rice balls, which would become jelly filled donuts in the english dub.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

The identity of blast is so obvious it hurts.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Yeah it's Sitch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Awia posted:

You're gonna have to fill us in then.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Awia posted:

The balls chin kid?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Awia posted:

Goku?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Awia posted:

Bang and Bomb doing a fusion dance?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

tiistai posted:

Yeah it's Sitch

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

The extra chapter with Child Emperor basically confirmed it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that a Mob Psycho 100 character?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

RatHat posted:

Is that a Mob Psycho 100 character?

http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Sitch that guy

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Awia posted:

The extra chapter with Child Emperor basically confirmed it

It also confirmed King is just as strong but then we all already knew that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Abandoned Toaster posted:

It also confirmed King is just as strong but then we all already knew that.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

It shows question marks on Tatsumaki, Saitama, King and Sitch.
It's not a coincidence.