Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Looper posted:

so they're basically saying she is link (a link, whatev) except i guess she needs some kind of proof because she's a woman

I think her grandma just made poo poo up so she's a maniac running around with crossbows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The tragedy was that there were two North Stars.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I get that a new system wants system transfer, but then can I continue to use both 3DS systems easily? I'm planning on getting a new 3DS XL after christmas once I know I have enough cash, but I'm still planning on using the Old 3DS not XL for it's pocketability for carrying around and playing on the train/bus/etc.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

sharktamer posted:

I get that a new system wants system transfer, but then can I continue to use both 3DS systems easily? I'm planning on getting a new 3DS XL after christmas once I know I have enough cash, but I'm still planning on using the Old 3DS not XL for it's pocketability for carrying around and playing on the train/bus/etc.

You can use the old 3DS, but all your digital games and your NNID and whatnot get moved over to the new one via a system transfer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

No. Once you do the system transfer, the old 3DS crumbles into dust and is carried by the wind.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

sharktamer posted:

You could use physical games and regular DS games on the other system no problem. Anything digital, plus your NNID, would be transferred to the new system. The old one gets a factory reset when you System Transfer.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Oh, that's a bit rubbish. But I can system transfer over and back between the two?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

enojy posted:

If it's new as in never used in a device before, it does need to be formatted, yes. I'd just pop it into your computer, format it FAT32, dump the contents of your 3DS backup onto it, and try reinserting it.

That worked! Thanks!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

fantasy life is a fun game for cool people right

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

mabels big day posted:

I think her grandma just made poo poo up so she's a maniac running around with crossbows

honestly that's even better than just being another link.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

sharktamer posted:

Oh, that's a bit rubbish. But I can system transfer over and back between the two?

If I remember correctly there's a limit to how many you can actually transfer. It ought to tell you when you are in the system transfer screen. I want to say it's a really small number though that people freaked out about.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Houle posted:

If I remember correctly there's a limit to how many you can actually transfer. It ought to tell you when you are in the system transfer screen. I want to say it's a really small number though that people freaked out about.

There's no limit on how many times you can do it, but there's a limit on how often. It's just once a week.

By the way, for the people who have Paper Jam, how is it?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Houle posted:

There was a limit, but it got removed in an update.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

jivjov posted:

You mean like they did when they introduced the NNID ages ago? And are further refining with the Nintendo Account?

No like tying your purchases to your goddamned user account instead of the console they happen to be on.

Unless their plan was to trick me into keeping my 3DS by making it so getting rid of it would involve pissing ~$300 in digital software licenses down the drain in which case good job.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

voltcatfish posted:

fantasy life is a fun game for cool people right

Yes, yes it is. Very yes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Snackula posted:

No like tying your purchases to your goddamned user account instead of the console they happen to be on.

Unless their plan was to trick me into keeping my 3DS by making it so getting rid of it would involve pissing ~$300 in digital software licenses down the drain in which case good job.

All digital purchases are tied to your NNID.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You can't ever system transfer from a 'new' 3DS(XL) to an Old 3DS(XL) or 2DS.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

honestly that's even better than just being another link.

Exactly

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's no limit on how many times you can do it, but there's a limit on how often. It's just once a week.

By the way, for the people who have Paper Jam, how is it?

Haven't played it but consensus seems to be "an improvement over Dream Team as a Mario and Luigi game but if you go into it for the Paper Mario bits you'll be disappointed".

Also the songs I've heard from the soundtrack are garbage but I'm sure most of it's good.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I am loving Steamworld Heist. It is pretty much everything I wanted Codename: STEAM to be, but a million times better.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Fritzler posted:

I am loving Steamworld Heist. It is pretty much everything I wanted Codename: STEAM to be, but a million times better.

I went into Steamworld Heist without having played Codename: STEAM and I'm loving it as well. It just feels really good, and is very pretty too. I'm also loving the ricochets.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly reference in the second mission was great. Game owns.

Went ahead and bought Steamworld Dig just because it too is a great game.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

jivjov posted:

Worth noting that eShop balances are also bound to NNID.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

jivjov posted:

And the NNID is utterly dependent on the console for its existence. Your deflection changes nothing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sir Unimaginative posted:

And the NNID is utterly dependent on the console for its existence. Your deflection changes nothing.

No it isn't? You can system transfer freely, and if you've lost or damaged your system, Nintendo can do it remotely for you.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

The spiel from the Japanese badge arcade rabbit this week was all about boasting how well his new international stores are doing, as well as about how good his English his.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Best Buy is doing buy one, get one 40% off all Nintendo-published Wii U/3DS games until the 19th, as well as 10% off eShop cards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

orenronen posted:

The spiel from the Japanese badge arcade rabbit this week was all about boasting how well his new international stores are doing, as well as about how good his English his.

loving arrogant rabbit bastard!!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Badge Rabbit is the new Tom Nook.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

He keeps saying he has a boss to please but I suspect that there is no boss at all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, Best Buy is doing buy one, get one 40% off all Nintendo-published Wii U/3DS games until the 19th, as well as 10% off eShop cards.

On top of GCU?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waltzing Along posted:

On top of GCU?

Yup!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hmm...I'm trying to find interesting things that I don't have and am failing.

E: also, throwing things in my cart and not seeing the 40%.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 13, 2015

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Hmm...I'm trying to find interesting things that I don't have and am failing.

E: also, throwing things in my cart and not seeing the 40%.

They left out the ever-so-critical "begins tomorrow" part of the sale.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
My bad, it starts on the 13th. I'm not in the US, I assumed it had started already because I saw people mention it on twitter and I'm bad at remembering timezones.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fryhtaning posted:

They left out the ever-so-critical "begins tomorrow" part of the sale.

Ah. Thanks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

No it isn't? You can system transfer freely, and if you've lost or damaged your system, Nintendo can do it remotely for you.

I wish every other company in the world would let me call their customer support to transfer purchases. i can't imagine them ever having an easier process for this sort of thing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

I wish every other company in the world would let me call their customer support to transfer purchases. i can't imagine them ever having an easier process for this sort of thing.

Just because ye feature is implemented differently than other companies does not mean that it does not exist. The assertion I replied to was that digital purchases were tied exclusively to hardware, which is absolutely false.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
True. It's just a lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
It's actually a lot better than some of their other even more backward rear end poo poo.