Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

You would think that Justin would have an advantage what with a year (?) of practice under his belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

if you play this and win, are you a cool baby?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Love the glee when Griffin jams a fork into an electrical outlet.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
It's been a while since they've played a genuinely weird game. This was good to see. The JC3 video was much more straightforward although Griffin did pull some deece stunts.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Oh my god that first oven bit

THAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO A BABY

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
What a delight that video is. This game is the exact kind of poo poo I would have loved to have at 5am at a LAN party.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my loving god I just realized this is a Baby's Day Out simulator.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The original baby's day out simulator was the 3rd party NES game Baby Boomer, not to be a knowitall.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I have a theory: I'm fairly certain that the Red Robe Society is all the Tom Bodetts

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm pretty new to mbmbam, started working through the backlogs from the beginning (up to 63ish) and am up to magic brian's death in the adventure zone which was loving gold. I know there's like a dozen other podcasts in the mcelroy kingdom with all of the brothers doing their own spinoff things over the years, does anyone have a good guide/shortlist to all the ones they've done/been on/guested on?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Travis has Trends Like These that he does with Brentalfloss, Bunker Buddies, and he's a producer on Can I Pet Your Dog?

Justin has Sawbones with Sydnee and Quality Control, the podcast he does for Polygon where he talks to reviewers about recent reviews.

Griffin has nothing else.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm also talking historically, too - like anything after the Joystiq podcast ended, even if it no longer updates.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Justin and his wife did a two and a half men podcast for a little while called Losing the Sheen, it was good

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Travis has Trends Like These that he does with Brentalfloss, Bunker Buddies, and he's a producer on Can I Pet Your Dog?

Justin has Sawbones with Sydnee and Quality Control, the podcast he does for Polygon where he talks to reviewers about recent reviews.

Griffin has nothing else.

Have you forgotten Griffin McElroy's deep web vore podcast, Big Gulp?

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 13, 2015

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Justin did Satellite Dish with his wife which is worth tracking down especially for the Modelland series of episodes. They also did Losing the Sheen, the Two and a Half Men fancast by people who don't watch the show.

They did a really great switcheroo episode with Jordan Jesse Go. Travis was on a K Ohle episode which was okay.

Justin and Griffin do a ton of videos on Polygon together which are pretty much extended mbmbam bits, including Monster Factory the best video series of all time.

Justin also does a video series titled Things I Bought at Sheetz.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The McElroys are also doing Til Death Do Us Blart, the yearly Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 podcast along with The Worst Idea of All Time.

No discussion of McElroy side projects is complete without Monster Factory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5PlKZRQVgQ

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

lets hang out posted:

Justin and his wife did a two and a half men podcast for a little while called Losing the Sheen, it was good

yeah it's really good

another big one was The Besties, a short-lived Polygon podcast that had Justin and Griffin. I always had a soft spot for it, even if it never really produced memorable goofs beyond the worst character work of all time, but I wish they'd bring it back now that Polygon seems to actually want to use the personalities they have (see: Monster Factory). They just need to replace Frushtick with Nick Robinson and Plante with Danielle Riendeau and they'd be good to go.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Justin and Sydnee did a podcast called The Satellite Dish, Losing the Sheen was mentioned already, and currently doing Sawbones. Justin does Things I Bought At Sheetz on YouTube with his friend Dwight, and Quality Control on Polygon, which frequently Griffin guest hosts for. The two of them also do Monster Factory on YouTube and frequently team up for Polygon Overview videos.

Travis has an old podcast called In Case Of Emergency, currently he's doing Bunker Buddies and Trends Like These. He did a guest spot on a Wham Bam Pow that was pretty entertaining. He is a producer and as I understand occasional guest on Can I Pet Your Dog.

Griffin doesn't do any regular podcasts aside from MBMBAM and The Adventure Zone but he does a lot of videos on Polygon either with or without Justin. If you enjoy videogames jokes you can get a lot of those with that sweet McElroy flavor.

There was a Jordan Jesse Go episode hosted by the bros, and the three bros and Clint reviewed the new Leprechaun movie for the Flophouse during the Max Fun Switcheroo event earlier this year. Also they are doing an annual review of Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 with the guys from The Worst Idea Of All Time called Til Death Do Us Blart.

I think that's all of them.

You also need to get up on the Maximum Fun donor train because the bonus episodes of MBMBAM are some of the absolute funniest things there are.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Travis343 posted:

You also need to get up on the Maximum Fun donor train because the bonus episodes of MBMBAM are some of the absolute funniest things there are.

I keep forgetting to listen to MSMSaM, but the episode where Clint talks about the sexiest songs is incredible.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
The other switcharo with them doing a flophouse show is real good too

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Travis is also a producer on Baby Geniuses, though he doesn't really contribute anything on-air other than you can often hear him laughing in the background. But also Baby Geniuses is just really good.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Can I Pet Your Dog has actually become one of my favorite podcasts. It's really tightly edited, and Travis is hilarious on it -- he's in every episode and he's super relaxed and funny.

I would suggest you start with this episode for no reason whatsoever at all: http://www.maximumfun.org/can-i-pet-your-dog/cipyd-15-asterios-kokkinos-and-puglet

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't really like or care about hearthstone, but for some reason Griffin (and Phil's) hearthstone videos are really fascinating to me

anyways, if you're like me and don't give a poo poo about hearthstone, and especially don't give a poo poo about polygon videos that don't have two mcelroys in them, I highly recommend watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IIZ8ehDESI

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.

Toxxupation posted:

I don't really like or care about hearthstone, but for some reason Griffin (and Phil's) hearthstone videos are really fascinating to me

anyways, if you're like me and don't give a poo poo about hearthstone, and especially don't give a poo poo about polygon videos that don't have two mcelroys in them, I highly recommend watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IIZ8ehDESI

I watched this yesterday and will second the recommendation as someone who doesn't care about Hearthstone at all.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

It seems like the #StonerzNation stuff would be pretty hard to follow if you didn't know anything about hearthstone. I'm not hugely into the game but I at least know what most of the cards do, and what all of the mechanics are. If you don't then it would probably come across as nonsense.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I would listen to Griffin on literally anything so I could probably watch those videos, but yeah it's definitely better to know Hearthstone to watch those.

At the very beginning Griffin actually did a card game tutorial that's actually a very nice starting point, if anyone is looking to start. I'm not sure if it's "stonerz" or not but it's definitely polygon.

E: here it is https://youtu.be/sqQopZ14ztk

myron cope fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 15, 2015

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Travis' TARDIS impression almost killed me.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I think this may have been the funniest episode of the year, and that's saying something. There were so many good bits....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Re: Monster Factory, GRIFFIN, NO!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-n8TZqm9Ic&feature=youtu.be

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
That... Was the most beautiful thing I have seen.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Bethesda: Come gently caress This Thing Right

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Over a year and a half of listening to McElroy-brand comedy week in and week out and they still manage to make me laugh harder than any three human beings should be allowed to.

todd... free me todd...

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Justin's West Wing pull was amazing this week, I laughed real good at that one.

"You tell me the next ten words, I'll drop out of this race right now"

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Cool news for a cool podcast.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

oh man, they're gonna need some experts. and possibly some sexperts

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

oh my gosh this is so exciting Big Gulp is coming to your streaming device FINALLY

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Well gently caress me running

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Ah sweet a cool new US-only thing for the rest of us to steal without the chance to support, TV networks are so cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

America rulez, suck a butt nerdo

• Locked thread