Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So do the kitty cat people ever join my party or make a really cool AM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Calaveron posted:

So do the kitty cat people ever join my party or make a really cool AM?

No, yes. Yamato cats own.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Uh... does Lao's heart to hearts occupy and complete any NLA frontiernav hexes? If so, that might be a problem. Like a "I have to loving scrap every last bit of work I've done from the last week" kind of problem.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 12, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I just got the Blood Lobster mission and I have to say that I find it all very unlikely.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

I just got the Blood Lobster mission and I have to say that I find it all very unlikely.

i get it!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Can someone tell me where/how to get the Close Comrades affinity mission? I am having a heck of a time finding it. Does it have a weird prerequisite or something? Same goes for BFFs.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Can someone tell me where/how to get the Close Comrades affinity mission? I am having a heck of a time finding it. Does it have a weird prerequisite or something? Same goes for BFFs.

it's doug's. looking at my map, it should be right out the east side of armory alley. bffs is in the barracks. i think you need to complete tatsu's first affinity mission to unlock it.

also does anyone know where to find pan-analysis chips for alexa's affinity mission?

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 13, 2015

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Louisgod posted:

Thanks for the advice on the survey percentage, I've been trying to do the hearts to hearts and tyrant battles but am still only level 12 so I'm pretty limited. That, and some areas are barred off due to high level enemies guarding them.

One other piece of advice is a lot of areas that look impossible to get into because of high level enemies aren't actually impossible. It's a little easier after level 15-20 but you can use your party as meat shields and as long as you yourself don't die, you can outrun a lot of things. I used this trick to get past a bunch of the prone in Primordia for example, and dance around the top of their base before peace-ing out :smug: At lv 23 this also got me past some lv 40s bugs into a weird cave in Noctilum that had a probe site, 3 treasures, 100 collectibles, and a non-aggro lv 77(?) tyrant, which was kinda rad.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Inflammatory posted:

it's doug's. looking at my map, it should be right out the east side of armory alley. bffs is in the barracks. i think you need to complete tatsu's first affinity mission to unlock it.

also does anyone know where to find pan-analysis chips for alexa's affinity mission?

White Phosphor Lake in the northwest, same area you can find fleet shrads. Just watch out for the murder plant.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

a non-aggro lv 77(?) tyrant, which was kinda rad.

That tyrant's kinda weird. It definitely has aggro conditions of some sort, but I dunno what they are.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What the gently caress kind of pot pie is that

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Saigyouji posted:

That tyrant's kinda weird. It definitely has aggro conditions of some sort, but I dunno what they are.

Yeah, not sure. Time of day just affected the 3 dudes guarding the treasure boxes, maybe it's weather or something. He hasn't killed that many folks so I figure it's pretty safe if you can just get in there.

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 13, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So where exactly is this place to go when my skell get's blown up? I just got the thing and i got a bit cocky trying to fight things that are higher level than me :blush:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So where exactly is this place to go when my skell get's blown up? I just got the thing and i got a bit cocky trying to fight things that are higher level than me :blush:

Go to your hangar menu.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't fully understand the "boosts damage in ranged combos" effect for the stream edge art. Can anyone explain it?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Party members can carry the weapons.

E: The music for the waters around the continents is pretty sweet and there's some cool stuff to find. I found an island with two of the flying whales and a trumpet-bird tyrant with the subtitle The Fugitive

Party members can carry the weapon but they have to actually manage to use it in the fight, so no ending it in a single blow with your skell or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cake Attack posted:

I don't fully understand the "boosts damage in ranged combos" effect for the stream edge art. Can anyone explain it?

Use a ranged Art like Sliding Slinger after it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cake Attack posted:

When you use a ranged art after it (ranged arts are yellow), then activate Stream Edge, the damage will be boosted. You can tell you got the effect if the damage is in a spiky bubble instead of a regular one. The timing is fairly forgiving too.

Same thing for melee combos. The first hit isn't considered part of it, the 2nd+ are. And if you use any other kind of art the combo is broken.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
MP is a neat diversion for extra tickets but the awful lack of what just happened stuff makes it super embarrassing and or gamble-ly. Not even blowing myself up on Telethia, just some chump rear end fish I got level synced down to.

Cake Attack posted:

If you use any art associated with your ranged weapon immediately before the next art, it is a ranged combo. So like Sliding Slinger->Stream Edge. But also like Primer->Stream Edge

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Well, four hours gone for lack of an autosave. :sigh:

I had knocked out like 6 quests, too.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

How does a quest about ice cream cake go so horrifically wrong so quickly.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

How do I get this stupid Marry Me quest to show up on the job board? I've beaten chapter 8 and it still hasn't shown up.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Ethiser posted:

How do I get this stupid Marry Me quest to show up on the job board? I've beaten chapter 8 and it still hasn't shown up.

Keep refreshing the board.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm super under leveled for chapter 10's boss haha.

Was worth going into early though just to see my guys trying to melee it on foot

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

How does a quest about ice cream cake go so horrifically wrong so quickly.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get ahold of an ice cream cake on Mira? You treasure that thing, and woe betide anyone trying to steal it :colbert:.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man it feels like the game just constantly unfolds and opens up as you do side content. I just got ANOTHER xeno race to join up, with several sidequests, both normal and simple! There is just so much poo poo that's only there if you go looking for it! Also for other people like me who became Skell addicted, be sure to get out of it and explore on foot again every now and then. Places can look a lot different from down below, it's cool.

Also I just hit the 100 hour mark. Chapter 8, 38.76% world survey. This game is bananas huge.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 13, 2015

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I swam to Sylvalum. As soon as I heard that music, it was worth every single moment I paddled. I hope I can explore that place more readily soon. Haven't even started Chapter 5 yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A message keeps popping up in my game which reads "I feel like I need to quit my job to finish this game" and honestly that feels pretty accurate.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just registered an IRC chatroom:

#mira on SynIRC.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Boy does the difficulty explode upwards on chapter 9 huh?

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
God, everything to do with chapter 11 is the dumbest loving thing.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man there are so many quests where I wonder if I did the right thing at the end, so many mistakes. I felt legitimate regret for a while after I realized there were some deaths I could've prevented by my actions. And all of this is basically "side" story. Honestly the way I play the game, the main quests are such a tiny fraction of my time spent playing they barely register. It's super weird.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finally.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Calaveron posted:

Boy does the difficulty explode upwards on chapter 9 huh?

Yeah, really not a fan of the curve and trying to find a good place that I can level up at. I'm just running around that beach with 35-38 Prone on it at the moment and it feels so slow.

Also I really hope I'm in for a twist that connects this to 1 despite everything. The Nopon will not stop referencing things from 1 let alone the fact Telethia are a thing. It feels really random otherwise.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man there are so many quests where I wonder if I did the right thing at the end, so many mistakes. I felt legitimate regret for a while after I realized there were some deaths I could've prevented by my actions. And all of this is basically "side" story. Honestly the way I play the game, the main quests are such a tiny fraction of my time spent playing they barely register. It's super weird.

I always took that sort of thing from games like Xenoblade and Fallout 4 coming from the main quest/story having the most overhead to keep it on-task and managed from start to finish. The sidequest ones probably just come from "do whatever, slap it in after a quick glance" due to quantity, so they wind up infinitely more varied and interesting.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So your hell was the Flecked Bottle? Mine was Grosium Core. It took me a concerted effort and about 20 minutes on a good route to get ONE. There's a board quest that wants THREE. That's not happening, not any time soon anyways.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where the hell is HB after you do his mission? I've been trying to get that dude back in the party and can't find him at all. The lack of an easy way to re-add party members is definitely my biggest complaint about the game so far, though that's really only for the fourth slot since Elma and Irina will probably never leave my party.

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I need to find out how to get more AMs

I got one optional one being these tall lanky guys called Orphieans or something like that but that's it.

You might have to finish other missions before the ones for AMs open. For instance, to get the Nopon AM, you have to finish the Ties That Bind affinity mission, which will then unlock the BFFs affinity mission to get the AM. Both missions are in the Barracks.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

tidiox posted:

You might have to finish other missions before the ones for AMs open. For instance, to get the Nopon AM, you have to finish the Ties That Bind affinity mission, which will then unlock the BFFs affinity mission to get the AM. Both missions are in the Barracks.

The first one is actually in the residential district, if I recall right.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah I checked and got the Nopon AM guys after someone posted about it. Dunno what they actually do though, bumped them to level 3 and each level up hasn't given me a message so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I helped a small nopon make a fuzzy hat and I feel great about it

• Locked thread