Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

mycot posted:

Another entry for the thread is actually in Thousand Year Door. One of the final parts involves tracking down an NPC, which has you backtrack to every major location in the game because you always "just missed him".

And then there's a side quest that makes you do the whole thing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I finally managed to scrape together a full set of pool balls in Fallout 4. Time to set them up on the table!

:negative:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Not pictured: The following pool-themed physics singularity

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I did find a suspicious number of raiders in Fallout 3 with pool balls in their inventory.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Somfin posted:

Is that not the obvious solution, though? I mean, like, I start a puzzle like this, I assume that he's either A) in a location which has been quite thoroughly drilled into my head at this point (dude's big on boats, mentions the docks area, docks folks mention him showing up every now and again, he's got a T-shirt saying "Boy I'm looking forward to being found by the player in the docks district later on", etc), B) in a new location which has just now been opened up, or C) You fuckers are just gonna put him in the last possible place that I visit aren't you, haha, well done game designers.

I'm pretty sure you have to backtrack to literally every area. Cause even if you know where he's gonna end up, he won't actually be there until you visit each area in the proper order.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Nuebot posted:

I did find a suspicious number of raiders in Fallout 3 with pool balls in their inventory.

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. The first falls down, the fourth moves forward through the remaining two, the third vibrates up into the stratosphere, and gently caress knows what the second one's doing. You're imagining this, because the balls started physics-ing the moment you entered a 30 block radius so all you're left with is a corpse of a man clipping through a rock.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

pussy riot police posted:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. The first falls down, the fourth moves forward through the remaining two, the third vibrates up into the stratosphere, and gently caress knows what the second one's doing. You're imagining this, because the balls started physics-ing the moment you entered a 30 block radius so all you're left with is a corpse of a man clipping through a rock.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm pretty sure you have to backtrack to literally every area. Cause even if you know where he's gonna end up, he won't actually be there until you visit each area in the proper order.

To the game's credit, you do get this objective right at the same time as when you get full access to the game's fast travel system. So it's not actually hard to make the circuit, and it's a decent introduction to 'hey, look how easily you can access ever major area in the game now'.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I was actually planning to try to play a game of pool just to see how the physics engine would handle it, but it turns out only half the balls fit in the rack.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

No big deal though, Bethesda's modding community is known to make mods that change rack and/or ball sizes.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Cleretic posted:

To the game's credit, you do get this objective right at the same time as when you get full access to the game's fast travel system. So it's not actually hard to make the circuit, and it's a decent introduction to 'hey, look how easily you can access ever major area in the game now'.

Oh, so it was a slightly obnoxious tutorial. Cool.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dragonwagon posted:

No big deal though, Bethesda's modding community is known to make mods that change rack and/or ball sizes.

Post of the loving year

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Dragonwagon posted:

:boom:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

That easter egg worked right for me once. Every other time it had something screwy going on with it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

pussy riot police posted:

That easter egg worked right for me once. Every other time it had something screwy going on with it.

Time works the same way.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Cleretic posted:

It is hilarious. That game just loves loving with the player, but not to the point where it's actively unpleasant.

Also, anyone complaining about the hamster wheel level is stupid as poo poo. You only need to earn ten rubies in the slowest wheel, and even that doesn't take long at all. Everything else is just a matter of talking to the right people.

100 rubees (in the slow jumping room, 1 rubee per jump) gets you the code for the hamster room
10,000 rubees(in the hamster room ideally) gets you the vault code. This takes nearly a quarter of an hour.
If you already know the code, it never changes, so if you're willing to cheat then yeah you can just go straight there.

If you're going to call people "stupid as poo poo" you could at least get your facts right.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrZELgS7oo

Ohh Port-A-Diner, will you ever actually give me your Perfectly Preserved Pie? (Yes, it will dispense them and high Luck does help)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Cleretic posted:

You act like I'm complaining. It's hilarious.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Dragonwagon posted:

kudos on the setup too, I didn't see that coming.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

many johnnys posted:

100 rubees (in the slow jumping room, 1 rubee per jump) gets you the code for the hamster room
10,000 rubees(in the hamster room ideally) gets you the vault code. This takes nearly a quarter of an hour.
If you already know the code, it never changes, so if you're willing to cheat then yeah you can just go straight there.

If you're going to call people "stupid as poo poo" you could at least get your facts right.

Oh dear, a quarter of an hour.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Biggest thing to happen to the forums until Benghazi.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Zybourne Clock is still the best thing this forum has or will ever produce.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

haveblue posted:

Malatora.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

I thought we just found Malatora, it was goon started?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the malatora mock thread got boring as poo poo a few days in

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
In Fallout, you're probably more likely to do the trick shot from Carlito's Way than to actually pot a ball.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I posted this a while ago in the griefing thread as well:

http://kotaku.com/the-steam-achievement-that-nobody-unlocked-1610073943

TLDR:
Developer adds unachievable achievement to game, players desperately try anything and everything in order to unlock it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

haveblue posted:

Wasn't 2 Girls 1 Cup funded on Goon money?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

haveblue posted:

Croccers posted:

You're all wrong, the best thing to come from SA was when Glenn Beck accused goonfleet of being a CIA front.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Croccers posted:

No, you're thinking of SWAP.avi, which is roughly a million times worse. They were done by the same studio though

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

haveblue posted:

You're using a real loose definition of "produced."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I still chuckle at the Zybourne Clock. its such a mess that you can even show non goons the youtube video and tell them the four balls theory and they will laugh at its absurdity.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My favorite failed goon game is Crimson Haze, mostly because of this.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Demon Rush is underrated when it comes to goon game fiascos. Even in the modern age of Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight garbage everywhere the game was hilariously bad and asking $20 for it was some amazing hubris.

Brooks Cracktackle. Cherry Venus. Guy in a suit of armor who actually had the lowest defense. Inexplicable printer drivers and Hebrew character sets. Spending hundreds of bucks on sound recording equipment so he could record himself throwing a penny in a jar for a sound effect.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

The Demon Rush is underrated when it comes to goon game fiascos. Even in the modern age of Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight garbage everywhere the game was hilariously bad and asking $20 for it was some amazing hubris.

Brooks Cracktackle. Cherry Venus. Guy in a suit of armor who actually had the lowest defense. Inexplicable printer drivers and Hebrew character sets. Spending hundreds of bucks on sound recording equipment so he could record himself throwing a penny in a jar for a sound effect.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Sleeveless posted:

I'd totally forgotten about this. Good lord, what a goddamn mess. Yet another fine example of what happens when you get too many "idea guys" together and ignore anybody with any actual skill or talent.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96u4X0r3GXg

Every player, a programmer. Or something.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

They made this ironically, right.

e: Brooks Cracktackle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWmboM0zFc

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Dec 15, 2015

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

e: Brooks Cracktackle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWmboM0zFc

I feel like renaming myself Hebrew Character Set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Yes. That was a piece of music made by someone in the thread as a joke about the game.

• Locked thread