Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Seashell Salesman posted:

I can't believe there's no Minuteman quest to retake Quincy and turn it into a settlement. The place is awesome and a bunch of those whiny as gently caress NPCs could just go home and shut up forever. Also Atom Cats etc.

I went 160 hours into the game and never got any sort of marker or info about the Power Armor shop outside of finding a Cats jersey in Concord or Lexington or somewhere. Is there anyway to actually learn of that place ingame outside of stumbling upon it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Toadsmash posted:

Was anyone else's instant response to the robot racetrack to make them self destruct for the salvage?

...I'm such a heartless rear end in a top hat. :eng99:

I do that to every protectron I activate too (After they clear out the area for me first of course). Can't pass up on those circuit boards!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Perfect Potato posted:

I went 160 hours into the game and never got any sort of marker or info about the Power Armor shop outside of finding a Cats jersey in Concord or Lexington or somewhere. Is there anyway to actually learn of that place ingame outside of stumbling upon it?
random encounter with one of the atom cats (zeke i believe) where he tells your pip-boy the magic location

TheChad posted:

Started a ten charisma/automatic weapons mafia run and rushed Spray n Pray. Seconds after selling everything I owned for it I killed a legendary radroach and picked up a wounding submachine gun. :/
getting a wounding automatic weapon should just end the game

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 13, 2015

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Started a ten charisma/automatic weapons mafia run and rushed Spray n Pray. Seconds after selling everything I owned for it I killed a legendary radroach and picked up a wounding submachine gun. :/

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Perfect Potato posted:

There is a note on Sturges' computer in Quincy that gives the map marker. It's very close by.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

TheChad posted:

Now you just need a mod for double-wielding.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Having finished a regular playthrough, I went to start looking at mods to throw on for as long as my attention span lasts. Do you seriously have to pay to have an account on NexusMods that lets you do anything?

oh nm, if you scroll through the screen full of "packages" and ignore them you can still make an account.

Brosnan fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 13, 2015

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Do you ever get more than 2 investigation quests from Ellie/Nick? I found 2 dossiers in the office that gave me quests when I picked them up, after that nothin'.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Seashell Salesman posted:

Do you ever get more than 2 investigation quests from Ellie/Nick? I found 2 dossiers in the office that gave me quests when I picked them up, after that nothin'.

It occurs to me that would be a very good place to add in DLC/mods. Or at least the hooks to start them off.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Brosnan posted:

Having finished a regular playthrough, I went to start looking at mods to throw on for as long as my attention span lasts. Do you seriously have to pay to have an account on NexusMods that lets you do anything?

oh nm, if you scroll through the screen full of "packages" and ignore them you can still make an account.

There is a separate thread for mods

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No one ever talks about the Vault-Tec videos that sometimes show up when you boot up the game. They're great.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is it possible to snap a concrete foundation on top of another concrete foundation or do I have to align it by hand?

Jay Rust posted:

No one ever talks about the Vault-Tec videos that sometimes show up when you boot up the game. They're great.

They were all pre-release promotional videos so I dunno about the other people here but I've seen them all at least 5-6 times before the game ever came out.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

They were released in the weeks before the game did, so their discussion has mostly come and gone.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

khy posted:

Is it possible to snap a concrete foundation on top of another concrete foundation or do I have to align it by hand?

By hand. So attach a stair piece to it (the one with a quarter block floor on it). That will give you something to snap the upper concrete floor piece onto.

widespread posted:

I bet you probably destroyed Ironsides and his dreams too, didn't you.

I think almost everyone has at least once. His whole drat crew is really touchy about collateral damage. I had to do some serious console trickery to try to get that quest set back up after the unintended carnage.

EricFate fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 13, 2015

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Holy poo poo do the silver shroud as soon as possible it owns dicks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How do I sell that kid jet? I can't start a conversation with him. If I do the quest and give him jet, I still can't talk to him. Is he bugged or something?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

(zeke i believe)

Duke

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Oh snap! I thought I had to have a companion with me to get their perks.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Does Three Dog show up anywhere in this game? I've explored about 2/3's of it, but I remember him dropping the tidbit on his twitter about being in fallout 4, but I've found no trace of him. Even at GNN. I wonder if he got cut for spilling the beans or time/"vision."

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Broose posted:

Does Three Dog show up anywhere in this game? I've explored about 2/3's of it, but I remember him dropping the tidbit on his twitter about being in fallout 4, but I've found no trace of him. Even at GNN. I wonder if he got cut for spilling the beans or time/"vision."

The tidbit you're referring to turned out to be a different game from what I remember reading, and he was given permission for that tweet so I doubt he got canned for it.

From what I hear, Travis mentions him, but I've never seen that dialog.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
So I'm doing randolph safehouse 1, and I can't find any more enemies in the dungeon, but it's telling me there are more. I even tried killall in the console, and picking up VANS, and I got nothing. Is there a flag to complete it, or is the railroad not an option anymore?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I just found an Endless double-barrel. Put an advanced receiver in it and holy poo poo. It's like a minigun hosed a shotgun.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

DID SOMEBODY SAY THREE DOG?

http://chirb.it/GaLL1s

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

neonbregna posted:

Holy poo poo do the silver shroud as soon as possible it owns dicks

It's literally the only fun quest in the game, lol

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I spent about about 45 minutes tooling around with one of my settlements in the longest round of pure building I've done with this game so far by several orders of magnitude in the 150-odd hours I've spent with it and the game decided to crash. The only hard crash that has ever happened to me in FO4.

Are you trying to tell me something, Bethesda?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Don't worry, eventually there will be a mod that makes F5 work in workshop mode.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Holy poo poo, so I decided to try out the Water Baron thing mentioned in this thread and god drat does it work. Go to the Castle, or by the river in Sanctuary, or any other settlement with access to a sufficiently large volume of water and just start tossing down industrial water purifiers. Went off and cleared a couple buildings, came back, and had enough purified water to pretty much buy out two or three merchants straight. It's even amazingly weight-efficient; you can carry several thousand caps worth of purified water pretty easily when it's time to go sell it off.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Is there a reason to hold onto these parts I pried off Kellogg's cold, dead, corpse? I got past the memory thing, but these other implants sound like I could use them if I ran into the right NPC. Is that the case or not?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

What exactly do you ever need money for though?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

Rarer ammo types like plasma cartridges, mostly. Though I am bound to admit that I didn't really need to and was primarily wondering how well it really worked. (Answer, extremely.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

You can buy decent legendaries and you can buy ammo. Though, I don't know why people need money making schemes. I've got like 10K caps because I never buy anything. Any time I do buy something, I have plenty of caps to cover it.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Watching a missile launcher turret take down an entire swarm of ghouls before I even realize I'm being attacked never gets old.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Toadsmash posted:

Watching a missile launcher turret take down an entire swarm of ghouls before I even realize I'm being attacked never gets old.

Sometimes it annoys me because they are all dead by the time I get a chance to see where they are to loot their bodies.

It's pretty lame that you can't use any clever things to kill people. Sure, you can turn turrets against people, but not much else. I thought it would be cool to turn an protectron into a subway steward so he would wander off to ask gunners for their tokens and then kill them. The problem is I walked up to it and it said I was a violator and attacked me despite having 6 subway tokens on me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Cojawfee posted:

You can buy decent legendaries and you can buy ammo. Though, I don't know why people need money making schemes. I've got like 10K caps because I never buy anything. Any time I do buy something, I have plenty of caps to cover it.

I have 80k, and there's nothing worth buying except the Overseer's Guardian.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Sometimes it annoys me because they are all dead by the time I get a chance to see where they are to loot their bodies.

It's pretty lame that you can't use any clever things to kill people. Sure, you can turn turrets against people, but not much else. I thought it would be cool to turn an protectron into a subway steward so he would wander off to ask gunners for their tokens and then kill them. The problem is I walked up to it and it said I was a violator and attacked me despite having 6 subway tokens on me.

Yeah the code for Subway Stewards is bugged right now. Your best bet is to set them to Law Enforcement mode. That also might be bugged because they don't get mad if you take stuff or have your weapon out. It basically turns them to allies in my experience.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 13, 2015

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Do settlement attacks ever get any more difficult? It seems like throwing down a handful of turrets (and remembering to actually respond to attacks) is enough to stop anyone.

Is there ever any reason to build chokepoints and set up mines and traps?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Away all Goats posted:

Do settlement attacks ever get any more difficult? It seems like throwing down a handful of turrets (and remembering to actually respond to attacks) is enough to stop anyone.

Some settlements seem to have much more difficult raids than others, though that might just be false pattern recognition on my part. Could just tie in to general scaling.

But yeah traps have always seemed a big waste of time to me, given how much effort it is to set up and how spawning for raids works.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

You don't even need to respond to them most of the time. I slapped four turrets down at the gas station. Now I'll be in my garage, hear a buzz and a lot of gunfire for about three to five seconds, then nothing.

I sure as shoot hope they get harder, because I can't even back out of the crating menu before everything is dead.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The "traps" section of the defense buildables in the workshop is utterly not worth bothering with, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

The size of the raids tends to be somewhat proportional to the defense value of the settlement being attacked in my experience. If you want to bait large raids, just put a large enough amount of resources on a settlement that they have a high likelihood of being attacked despite an astronomical defense value.

I had a 120 defense settlement get raided by a horde of super mutants with mininukes (as in Fat Men, not suiciders) and plasma scatterguns last night. Good times!

One of the nukes took out an entire firing line of turrets at one point. My poor aluminum stockpile.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 13, 2015

• Locked thread