Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I helped a small nopon make a fuzzy hat and I feel great about it

I tried to help someone get their ice cream cake back and two people died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I guess they should call me the Godslayer now because I just solo'd Go-rha, the guardian deity.

http://i.imgur.com/ycTvU0Z

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It is a crime flying around uses up fuel.
And I still am at the point where refueling is pricey goddamn

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Calaveron posted:

It is a crime flying around uses up fuel.
And I still am at the point where refueling is pricey goddamn
I flew around for 2 hours getting all the probe points I never got and I don't think my tank even hit 75%

Although its weird fuel is a lot like a lovely F2P stamina thing since it seems to recharge based on how long its been since saving. Has anyone tried going offline and loving with the system clock to recharge? I haven't found myself in a fuel situation where I'd want to go through the effort but it might be a useful thing for people who count on some of those crazy crafted superweapons that guzzle fuel.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

zedprime posted:

I flew around for 2 hours getting all the probe points I never got and I don't think my tank even hit 75%

Although its weird fuel is a lot like a lovely F2P stamina thing since it seems to recharge based on how long its been since saving. Has anyone tried going offline and loving with the system clock to recharge? I haven't found myself in a fuel situation where I'd want to go through the effort but it might be a useful thing for people who count on some of those crazy crafted superweapons that guzzle fuel.

Why in the world would ever do that? Just stagger and bind an enemy and get a ton of fuel back over a few seconds.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
who the gently caress thought making the player fight a floating monster in a room full of small platforms on top of lava was a good idea? my party members keep walking off like morons and dying.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Eopia posted:

Why in the world would ever do that? Just stagger and bind an enemy and get a ton of fuel back over a few seconds.
Why would you do that when you can fast travel to Sylvalum until there's an energy storm and go make a cup of coffee. Different levels of effort for different time frames I guess.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Inflammatory posted:

who the gently caress thought making the player fight a floating monster in a room full of small platforms on top of lava was a good idea? my party members keep walking off like morons and dying.

There was a giant monkey I literally couldn't kill because he was hanging out by a cliffside path. He would, without fail, throw himself off that cliff every time I engaged.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Okay so I just completed Chapter 11, and I did the level 42 affinity quest A Challenger Approaches and I have a question.

When I ran in front of the Blade Barracks, a cutscene started up with a lady wrothian talking to me about a job and meeting up night, but I missed the location and it doesn't appear on my mission list. Where am I supposed to go to start it?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jesus christ the Biahno Water Purification Plant must be cursed or something.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where do I get Marine rutile? Trying to get mats for augments.

Also need to know if anything drops the g-buster lvl30 in orange.

Inflammatory posted:

That zone sucks because if you don't jump just right you'll gently caress up your jump and land in the lava, and the camera is a bitch, and so on

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 13, 2015

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where do I get Marine rutile? Trying to get mats for augments.

Also need to know if anything drops the g-buster lvl30 in orange.

That zone sucks because if you don't jump just right you'll gently caress up your jump and land in the lava, and the camera is a bitch, and so on

It's a mining material. I think I found some at a Sylvalum spot but I don't have my game handy to check right now.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So, for the Chapter 7 boss, am I supposed to use my Skell? I tried doing that the first time, but it blew the gently caress up. Second time, I tried doing it on foot and ahahahahahaha no. I wanna try again with my Skell, but I'm afraid of losing it (I've already totaled it twice).

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
so telethia does not seem to give a single gently caress about negate-reflect augments.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
So it's entirely possible to get on top of Oblivia's giant ring with a walking skell, as well as the beehive and meadow.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Can you get to Mount Edge Peak in Oblivia without flying? It's the hex directly to the upper-right of FN 315

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 13, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had to lower the difficulty again on (chapter 10) the second phase of that fight

Can I get some general mechanics advice because I finished Chronicles 1 pretty easily and the last few story missions difficulty has just sky rocketed to the point I'm having to bite the bullet and lower everything and I'd rather figure the game out then cheese it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

PRADA SLUT posted:

So it's entirely possible to get on top of Oblivia's giant ring with a walking skell, as well as the beehive and meadow.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

You can get on top of that ring by just straight up walking, it's not that steep. Unless you mean the REALLY giant ring, in which case I'm actually kinda impressed.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Infinity Gaia posted:

You can get on top of that ring by just straight up walking, it's not that steep. Unless you mean the REALLY giant ring, in which case I'm actually kinda impressed.

Oh no, the giant one. I should have gotten a screen shot. It's a bit precarious getting up there. There's also a level 5 bio just to gently caress with you.

e: What chapter is flying mount?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 13, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Huh, so before Lin invents the flight module, how was Elma's skell flying around doing all of those acrobatics in the intro video and how did that one dude fly up high to block that missile barrage in chapter 9 I think? Or was it just a deal of leaping with style?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Calaveron posted:

Huh, so before Lin invents the flight module, how was Elma's skell flying around doing all of those acrobatics in the intro video and how did that one dude fly up high to block that missile barrage in chapter 9 I think? Or was it just a deal of leaping with style?

Buzz Lightyear module

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

By the way, I'm dying with curiosity to know this, so I'm just gonna ask. Spoilers for the bug dudes questline:

What happens if you let that one bug dude use the single drop of senripa water on himself, rather than getting it duplicated? I mean obviously then he gets two clones around but do they have a follow-up quest to find more senripa? Was that one drop the only one in the entire planet, and thus the race stays hosed up? I'm really loving curious to know if I did the right thing by letting him sacrifice himself in order for his people to be able to multiply.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So where's this cave in Oblivia with all the collectibies? I'm stuck on the three beagflea squashes.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So where's this cave in Oblivia with all the collectibies? I'm stuck on the three beagflea squashes.

South Coast WP, dive off the southwest cliff onto the truck below, hug the north cliff on the beach for about 20 seconds, go in the little cave opening.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This game looks really good.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Tardzilla posted:

Okay so I just completed Chapter 11, and I did the level 42 affinity quest A Challenger Approaches and I have a question.

When I ran in front of the Blade Barracks, a cutscene started up with a lady wrothian talking to me about a job and meeting up night, but I missed the location and it doesn't appear on my mission list. Where am I supposed to go to start it?

Check late night next to Professor B

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's pretty cool that you can get 7/8 of the arms manufacturers before chapter 8. I'm really curious what leveling up Factory 1.21 gets you, since I have it at three and it doesn't seem like it's unlocked anything new.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Which of the skell frames was "the" first frame to buy? The Inferno?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Echophonic posted:

It's pretty cool that you can get 7/8 of the arms manufacturers before chapter 8. I'm really curious what leveling up Factory 1.21 gets you, since I have it at three and it doesn't seem like it's unlocked anything new.

That one and the Nopon, since they only give weapons, have no benefits from the first three upgrade levels. 4th and 5th just do what they do for the others, extra gear affixes. It's a little annoying, but at least the other 6 are fully featured. Ever since I unlocked the Orphen I've been running around dressed as Kamen Rider. It's great.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

By the way, I'm dying with curiosity to know this, so I'm just gonna ask. Spoilers for the bug dudes questline:

What happens if you let that one bug dude use the single drop of senripa water on himself, rather than getting it duplicated? I mean obviously then he gets two clones around but do they have a follow-up quest to find more senripa? Was that one drop the only one in the entire planet, and thus the race stays hosed up? I'm really loving curious to know if I did the right thing by letting him sacrifice himself in order for his people to be able to multiply.

you have to find another drop, and hilariously it spawns right outside that cave on biahno lake.

in other news, i've discovered that pressing y while messing with skell gear at the barracks terminal causes the game to crash and boot me back to the title screen without warning.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Inflammatory posted:

you have to find another drop, and hilariously it spawns right outside that cave on biahno lake.

in other news, i've discovered that pressing y while messing with skell gear at the barracks terminal causes the game to crash and boot me back to the title screen without warning.

Fuuuuuuuuuck that means I was STUPID. AGAIN.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Pollyanna posted:

So, for the Chapter 7 boss, am I supposed to use my Skell? I tried doing that the first time, but it blew the gently caress up. Second time, I tried doing it on foot and ahahahahahaha no. I wanna try again with my Skell, but I'm afraid of losing it (I've already totaled it twice).

Here's my advice for a situation like this; start the fight in your Skell then immediately disembark and fight on foot until you die. The Skell can't take damage when it's unoccupied and it will remain in place for your retries. Do this until you get the option to level down the boss and then hop in the Skell and go to town.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

Uh, it shouldn't. It makes a submenu come up where you can save.

In other news I found a great spot to grind in southern slyvium and found this baby:

:chanpop: I took down a level 50 tyrant which was cool.

I got bored of grinding and went from 36->42 fairly easily.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 13, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Where the hell is Phog? I'm in his little hex and I can't find the Shulk Lookalike

Edit: Of course he phases in as I hit submit

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's finally miiine! :flashfap:

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Inflammatory posted:

I had this happen, too, and apparently was too excited after getting my Skell to save beforehand. :v: It was my first and only crash, but I've seen other people report the same thing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Calaveron posted:

In the intro video, they were in space. No pesky gravity to deal with.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

People were having trouble with the chapter 6 boss? I killed that thing in like 15 seconds. Though to be fair that may be due to being overleveled a tad from screwing around doing various missions and exploring.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 13, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Stepped foot in caldros, stepped the gently caress out. I'll wait on that zone till I get my flight pack.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't even know how you're supposed to move around in Cauldros. Story requires me to explore it but everything is level 40+ and loving pissed out of it's mind and if I tell my teammates to ditch the Skells they throw the robots into the lava and just :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't even know how you're supposed to move around in Cauldros. Story requires me to explore it but everything is level 40+ and loving pissed out of it's mind and if I tell my teammates to ditch the Skells they throw the robots into the lava and just :argh:

The game really expects you to have your flight module by the time you start messing around there. And then you get ambushed by all the flying Purger Queen Qmoevas.

• Locked thread