Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Doctor_Acula posted:

You sure? I definitely got dropped to a "the host has disconnected" screen mid match last night. I thought the whole match was p2p.

So funny story about that, the game servers are technically an invisible 11th/-1th player in the game. A few times during beta when the games exploded it would show the host client dropping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Totally looking forward to the day the server i'm playing on rage quits in the middle of a match, if that's the case.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
MP (Competitive) is hosted on dedicated servers (Microsoft Azure). T-Hunt is P2P but you still get disconnected if the 'host' does, which is loving dumb.

Edit: Voice communication and the whole squad system is P2P, so when someone can't join a squad or gets dropped from it unexpectedly, it's usually a connectivity issue between two of the players. You can use hamachi to eliminate virtually every problem associated with the squad system, but who's going to bother with that?

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 13, 2015

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ranked matchmaking seems to be exclusively filled with people who instantly shoot the hostage in the second round if they lost the first.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Fortunately it takes a minimum of four rounds to win ranked so after the second round, that person gets kicked and the team gets back to trying their best, albeit with a man down.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have had no bad experiences with this game so far

It's a solid as hell game

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Eonwe posted:

I have had no bad experiences with this game so far

It's a solid as hell game

Quoting Eonwe so he can't take this back. Keket we need this in the OP asap

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I had one guy take offense to me telling him his mic was open and he tried (and failed) to team kill me the entire match, spouting an unending steam of profanity and Standard Video Game Insults at me. Oddly my team refused to kick him, despite him constantly updating the enemy team on our position.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Remove suicide bombers from the game. They're the absolute loving worst thing in t hunt and it's ridiculous when not only do you have guys randomly spawning behind you but you have guys spawning that will just run at you and 1 shot you

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Shoot them in the head.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Game needs a suicide bomber operator.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

causticBeet posted:

Remove suicide bombers from the game. They're the absolute loving worst thing in t hunt and it's ridiculous when not only do you have guys randomly spawning behind you but you have guys spawning that will just run at you and 1 shot you

They're annoying but guys don't randomly spawn in Terrorist Hunt (except during the "defend the defuser" portion of bomb). In classic everyone that you have to fight is already on the map when you start - there's two bombers among them. Hostage rescue is the same except it also spawns a single wave of guys when you rescue the hostage and routes every surviving terrorist already on the map to your location. I've never seen bombers spawn during that wave but it might happen on realistic.

You get a ton of warning when they're nearby. Loud breathing, a big light shining out of their face, beeping (and shooting) when they actually see you. IQ can detect them with her tech scanner and I'm pretty sure Mute's jammers will block them from exploding if they try to detonate in their range. You can also disable the bombs by shooting the canister on their back; even the tazer from Twitch's drone will work. Also when they're charging at you any hit will make them stop and flinch.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

owls or something posted:

This would actually own

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the problem with T-Hunt is that on console that poo poo runs like garbage. Also forget what I said before about ranking up in losses, I thought this used moba rank tiers (5->1) but it looks like its 1->5 instead and I was ranking down lol :v:

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Is this game worth $60?

e: do a bunch of you guys have PS4s and will play with me?

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 13, 2015

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007

Grump posted:

Is this game worth $60?

Yes, especially if you have some friends to play it with

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

owls or something posted:

Part of the upcoming Hezbollah Rainbow Operators DLC

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Grump posted:

Is this game worth $60?

e: do a bunch of you guys have PS4s and will play with me?

I play on ps4 and would play with you, but there's also a surprising amount of people with mics in game who are solid teammates. There's also a couple people you'll run into blasting music over their mic or who live in houses with a thousand crying babies or who simply won't listen to anyone and rush the last attacker instead of waiting ten seconds for the bomb to detonate, but it's not
Impossible to find a couple good people with mics through matchmaking.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Had a match where the server was lagging to death, so we were constantly rubberbanding, like we would run forwards for 5 seconds and then it would push us 3 seconds back, it was just like the Half Life Firearms (FA) mod when you ran around without cutting your chute. Eventually I rappelled up the side of the house and the game pushed me back down beneath the ground where I proceeded to fall beneath the map.

Kanish posted:

Want to make an attacking team really angry? Run to a 2nd floor window facing the spawn and rip down a barricade and just pick them off.

Had two games where I did it one random round and the round started off 5vs4 and 5vs3 right off the bat. Then the idiots rappelled up to ledge in front of the window, allowing me to just aim at their hooks. People just are sprinting toward the building without even looking.
Please don't do this it is extremely annoying on Chalet as an attacker :mad:

Jerkface posted:

Had the damnedest thing happen on that sovereign citizen house map with the laundry. We had hostage in the laundry basement middle room. I was muting around putting my routers and barricading. I closed the final double door right as timer counted down. When i turned around twitch was in the corner of our hallway under a breakable ceiling that was still closed using her shock drone. My buddy asked if it was an enemy. I said guess so and shot her. My question is how did twitch get there so soon after match start and why did she hunker down to drone right outside our spawn?
Twitch or her shock drone? Because depending on where they spawn her shock drone can get there in seconds.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

AbortRetryFail posted:

I got accused of being a "loving roamer piece of poo poo" or w/e because I went upstairs to block off the hatches and got caught up there. People really hate the idea of anyone not being right on top of the objective marker.

I roam too, it's pretty funny when people ask why are you there!? why not?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Ive been called a "racial explative roamer piece of poo poo" for doing it

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Legs to be removed next patch, all defenders are wheelchair bound and can't leave the objective due to lack of ramps.

New Tachanka model preview

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 14, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Cardboard Box A posted:

Twitch or her shock drone? Because depending on where they spawn her shock drone can get there in seconds.

Twitch! And her drone! Thats why we were so flabbergasted.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I thought I would just check out what's going on around the corner, see where they are setting up. Teammate decides to breach without saying anything. The rest? History.

http://youtu.be/nuvSMhyNK-o

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AbortRetryFail posted:

I got accused of being a "loving roamer piece of poo poo" or w/e because I went upstairs to block off the hatches and got caught up there. People really hate the idea of anyone not being right on top of the objective marker.

Never pay attention to people

A person or couple of people not being where 'they are supposed to be' can easily win a match

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently rainbow six works with the oculus. I'm doing that for sure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This might be the best FPS of the year actually

Still has a lot of issues

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
If they fix the facing issue, a bit of hit detection, and the matchmaking getting stuck, this game will be amazing. The maps, pacing, and general balance are fantastic.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I'm loving this game. A real hoot picking off the attackers the moment they spawn in , if you can figure out where they're going to run to / spawn you can easily wipe out 2 - 3 of them in one go. Always clump and just blindly run to the objective and don't expect to get a Nitro cell thrown at them or shot.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 14, 2015

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
What the hell I didn't want to buy this game at all but the posts make it sound actually really fun?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
It's cool and good. If you bought any other piece of poo poo FPS in the last 3 years, this ones better then them all. It's not perfect, but it's tense and fun with every match playing differently for the most part.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

8bitlawd posted:

It's cool and good. If you bought any other piece of poo poo FPS in the last 3 years, this ones better then them all. It's not perfect, but it's tense and fun with every match playing differently for the most part.

Yep

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

goferchan posted:

What the hell I didn't want to buy this game at all but the posts make it sound actually really fun?

It combines the good and fun parts of CoD-likes and CSGO (the gunplay from the former and the structured round based gameplay of the latter) and smashes them together in one cohesive package. Game is good.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I mostly want it bc it's sounding a lot like Socom and I fuckin miss those games

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Grump posted:

Is this game worth $60?

I don't think it is worth $60, but it'll likely go on sale relatively soon.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just buy a $200 nvidia graphics card and get the game for free

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Is greenman still selling it for 40?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The prices have gone up a bit but you can still find NVIDIA codes for it for anywhere from $25 to $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liberatore posted:

The prices have gone up a bit but you can still find NVIDIA codes for it for anywhere from $25 to $40.
That's the way I did it, $32 for a Nvidia region free code. It's somewhat annoying to have it outside Steam, but $32 though.

• Locked thread