Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

a ton of souls enemies are straight out of the d&d bestiary, and its badass

The big blender-mouth things from Lost Izalith w all the eyes look like a drawing out of the 1E monster manual. Miyazaki cites old untranslated western fantasy books as a major source of inspiration so that might actually be the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
started my sl 4 guy , actually its sl10 this time (military guy with high str and skill) cos i wanna try using other weapons. obviously theres no real advantage since the saw cleaver is basically the best weapon in the game cos of the transformation combo and serrated dmg , its just to ekep things interesting. anyway, im only going to record the dlc bosses, if i can even beat htem.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

oh lol that may be the actual worst one - he dies free if you walk away and is annoying/boring if you don't - did from ever say if that method of killing him was intended?

it is intended. he leaps and grabs the cliff and attacking his hand causes him to fall

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

inri's vid's got me thinking i should do a beast claw build

its probably really really freaking epic now that they have the transformation rune .. ive yet to play with it myself but i cant wait

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

started my sl 4 guy , actually its sl10 this time (military guy with high str and skill) cos i wanna try using other weapons. obviously theres no real advantage since the saw cleaver is basically the best weapon in the game cos of the transformation combo and serrated dmg , its just to ekep things interesting. anyway, im only going to record the dlc bosses, if i can even beat htem.

Good luck. Im going to try playing a little NG+ with the Kos Parasite wep today.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ook is such a fun fight compared to laurence.

I beat Ook and totally skipped the Lightning attack cause I killed him so fast while I was hammered on my first attempt that day.

Edit: idk anymore actually. Laurence is one of the bosses (like the defiled versions) that you get really good at from slamming your face against them forever. I kind of enjoyed the fight by the last couple of runs.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 12, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Good luck. Im going to try playing a little NG+ with the Kos Parasite wep today.

GL its really cool. some bosses will be hardmode without chalice gems though since the dmg is low and the attacks are slow. but on the other the l2 is incredibly good and most of the 2h moves have huge reach and do nice poise dmg.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
laurence is the easiest boss of the dlc by far imo. same moveset as the cleric beast in his 1st phase except with queelag style lava pools, and his 2nd phase is much easier cos he jhas a turning circle similar to Planet Earth

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if you're beastly or cthulhu-y from the runes, do weapons in pvp with bloodgems that do +/- attack to beasts/kin affect you?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if you're beastly or cthulhu-y from the runes, do weapons in pvp with bloodgems that do +/- attack to beasts/kin affect you?

they do

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Now you should read it.

seriously Berserk is like the best thing I've ever read. irt boss chat I think quelaag will always be my favorite boss fight cause DS1 was my first souls game and I died to her a million times plus I was just so confused why a half spider fire lady was in the poison level instead of a poison boss. it was a very unique experience and when i finally beat her that's when the souls combat sorta clicked for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the goofy dodge animations when you're a parasite

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

tfw you can do the ludwig boss run without looking at the tv. dying so hard over here.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't figure out the tells for his jump back and slash twice move and for which jump he's doing. If there's even a tell for that second one. I mean pre jump of course.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ive given up on my sl4 character. haha god it felt so good to finally talk to the doll

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

welcome to hour 7 of ludwig the accursed

current mood: in despair

insight remaining: 0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:ohdear:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i think the kos wall was higher than the ludwig wall for me personally but both were super tough

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yea, but at sl 4 i think ludwig would be harder. since u can parry kos and even stop him from going into his 2nd form if you murk him hard enough.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ludwig broke darksydephil, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

ludwig broke darksydephil, lol

Omg I didn't know DSP played bloodborne.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

yea, but at sl 4 i think ludwig would be harder. since u can parry kos and even stop him from going into his 2nd form if you murk him hard enough.

thats what i did. i bitched to my irl friend that i was going to break my controller because of orphan and i beat him with all viscerals the very next attempt. thanks for letting me vent irl friend.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

Omg I didn't know DSP played bloodborne.

you have some good times ahead of you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

thats what i did. i bitched to my irl friend that i was going to break my controller because of orphan and i beat him with all viscerals the very next attempt. thanks for letting me vent irl friend.

I'm scared to ever start a new character again knowing that orphan awaits me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ludwig at SL4 might be the hardest boss I've ever fought, in any game. I'm now out of insight and beast blood pellets so from here on out I'll have to fight using my own strength. Until tomorrow, accursed beast.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i accidentally visceral attacked and killed eileen when she was fighting the dude and i was so shocked that he killed me. now he seems drat near impossible when he's alone

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

seriously Berserk is like the best thing I've ever read. irt boss chat I think quelaag will always be my favorite boss fight cause DS1 was my first souls game and I died to her a million times plus I was just so confused why a half spider fire lady was in the poison level instead of a poison boss. it was a very unique experience and when i finally beat her that's when the souls combat sorta clicked for me

She was one of a bunch of bosses I slaughtered first attempt.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

Ludwig at SL4 might be the hardest boss I've ever fought, in any game. I'm now out of insight and beast blood pellets so from here on out I'll have to fight using my own strength. Until tomorrow, accursed beast.

that sounds fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i accidentally visceral attacked and killed eileen when she was fighting the dude and i was so shocked that he killed me. now he seems drat near impossible when he's alone

he can be difficult at that part in the game but if u come back with more levels youll have an easier time. since defense scales with blood level

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I checked last night and I had 10 defense lol. I wonder how big of a difference it is from sl4 to sl10.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I checked last night and I had 10 defense lol. I wonder how big of a difference it is from sl4 to sl10.

i noticed it myself, sl4 starts with the same as sl 10, but sl 4 doesnt get any extra defense from lvling up to 10. so its really no worse or better than any other class

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the curse of choosing the Aged body type in the character creator is having to do the entire run shirtless just to admire it

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Whenever Ludwig does the ceiling jump I always mash roll in one direction whilst screaming and somehow that's always worked for me. 9/10 of my deaths are to his charge hitting me at pointblank range during a dodge frame, killing me instantly. I need to get better at baiting his sweeping claw attack & horse kick because I can actually dodge those now, and baiting dodgeable moves was my secret to beating Artorias (when he does the Stinger to close distance, it leaves him wide open)

How much of a difference does def make in this game? Even at best I always figured it was a negligible "die in 3.1 hits instead of 2.9 hits" deal, like the previous games or MH, but in some circumstances that is an extra hit

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zodar posted:

Whenever Ludwig does the ceiling jump I always mash roll in one direction whilst screaming and somehow that's always worked for me. 9/10 of my deaths are to his charge hitting me at pointblank range during a dodge frame, killing me instantly. I need to get better at baiting his sweeping claw attack & horse kick because I can actually dodge those now, and baiting dodgeable moves was my secret to beating Artorias (when he does the Stinger to close distance, it leaves him wide open)

How much of a difference does def make in this game? Even at best I always figured it was a negligible "die in 3.1 hits instead of 2.9 hits" deal, like the previous games or MH, but in some circumstances that is an extra hit

Ludwig moves that kill me instantly without the extra damage from flubbing a dodge: Both super jumps, the charge forward with yellow particles coming from the main head, the claw slam that he usually opens with and the double spin. Most of the 2 hit combos kill me as well. I still don't know form 2 well enough to know what kills me instantly there.

I've learned to differentiate from the two super jumps, and can dodge them both consistently now. His scariest move in form 1 now is the bite/charge combo, but if you can see it coming you can get stuck under his back legs and get dragged along, so you can hit him over and over while he drags you.

All of his swipes can be dodged into to rack up damage, even the double spin. Though it's a lot safer to dodge into the double spin as it ends. My favorite is the four hit combo because once you dodge into the first hit the next three will miss you. Free damage.

I'm about to start fighting him again and I'm off tomorrow so I'm not gonna give up until I win.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im struggling against ludwig at sl10 tonite too.

this guy already did it on ng+6 lol -_____-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PGNxWyEm0I

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Now you should read it.

don't be like me and assume the guy actually completed it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

watch me fail if you want

http://www.twitch.tv/travsouls/

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

he can be difficult at that part in the game but if u come back with more levels youll have an easier time. since defense scales with blood level

yeah i was gonna go back later becauuse his pistol takes off like half my health lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

im struggling against ludwig at sl10 tonite too.

this guy already did it on ng+6 lol -_____-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PGNxWyEm0I

God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I believe in you evil eagle