Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Inflammatory posted:

who the gently caress thought making the player fight a floating monster in a room full of small platforms on top of lava was a good idea? my party members keep walking off like morons and dying.

You can exploit this fight. Tell your crew to board their skells and the boss will run into a wall and try to kill em. Your crew will stay outside and never get hurt. It never switched aggro to me because it prioritizes skells first. Enjoy!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Stepped foot in caldros, stepped the gently caress out. I'll wait on that zone till I get my flight pack.

If you make it to the grey disc at the center of the map, the robots there are great for power leveling to 60. The level 30 G-Buster wrecks them for some reason.

MohShuvuu fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Re: picking up the missing data drive in Oblivia, turns out you can just pick it up in your Skell.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Does anyone know where L hangs out after you finish Chapter 10?

I'm still enjoying all these new alien races showing up and the amazing side missions they produce.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I assume the thing flying above north most Nocilunm is the game's superboss? I can't hit it with the Ares 90. I assume I need something else to bring it down?

The thing trashed my other level 50 skells in one hit.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
So many depressing side missions. Just did False Hope and I mean, Jesus. Also, I really like how side missions are affected by your decisions and your decisions can be affected by information you pick up ahead of time.

Also what the gently caress is it with everyone in NLA being lovely people in the middle of a huge crisis. Murderess should be in jail or a brig, full-stop. A guy named Alex in post chapter 7 convinced me to round up Ma-Non for a "helpful chat" and then tried to kill them all up on a mountain and I got viscerally angry because I've grown attached to them. gently caress that guy. I'm guessing I'll see him again and I will loving squash him. in Hope's first affinity mission, her assistant selling human mims off to Ganglion allies is war profiteering in the worst possible way considering they're genocidal, like seriously come the gently caress on. I let Hope try to talk her through it but it seemed like whether you killed her or she killed herself, she was pretty intent on dying because of the guilt.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

bloodychill posted:

So many depressing side missions. Just did False Hope and I mean, Jesus. Also, I really like how side missions are affected by your decisions and your decisions can be affected by information you pick up ahead of time.

Also what the gently caress is it with everyone in NLA being lovely people in the middle of a huge crisis. Murderess should be in jail or a brig, full-stop. A guy named Alex in post chapter 7 convinced me to round up Ma-Non for a "helpful chat" and then tried to kill them all up on a mountain and I got viscerally angry because I've grown attached to them. gently caress that guy. I'm guessing I'll see him again and I will loving squash him. in Hope's first affinity mission, her assistant selling human mims off to Ganglion allies is war profiteering in the worst possible way considering they're genocidal, like seriously come the gently caress on. I let Hope try to talk her through it but it seemed like whether you killed her or she killed herself, she was pretty intent on dying because of the guilt.

Whoever picked the passengers of the White Whale did a terrible job because most of them seem to be either adorable klutzes or psychopaths.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Lost the insurance stacks on my L50 Lailah then trashed it twice more trying to find level 60 heavy armour drops. 1.7m repair cost :retrogames:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Went exploring a cave to race Bart in a side-mission. A level 60 Tyrant popped out of the water after I reported in and king-hit my shiny new Skell into scrap. Thanks Bart, you're covering the insurance :argh:.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
What kind of madman would send someone to Sylvalum for their BLADE entry exam?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A lot of the mission layouts are kind of odd. You get missions absurdly early which are like "treck right on' in to the rear end end of of the furthest continent. No, I don't care that you don't have Skells yet or that this is a mission you can't quit out of. Go right on out there. Hug a Tyrant or ten."

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
All the continents have these beaches and access points with low level monsters. It's like they specifically designed them for the very patient explorer that decides to swim everywhere and wants to get away from the first continent. Usually next to a field node too, so it would be kind of rewarding for them in the future.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Marry Me popped up in my mission selection, have fun rolling against the RNG, suckers :smuggo:.

horriblePencilist posted:

What kind of madman would send someone to Sylvalum for their BLADE entry exam?

"You came back alive? Congratulations, you're a BLADE!"

"...and I owe the Commander 50 credits..."

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't even know how you're supposed to move around in Cauldros. Story requires me to explore it but everything is level 40+ and loving pissed out of it's mind and if I tell my teammates to ditch the Skells they throw the robots into the lava and just :argh:

It's actually pretty easy to explore Cauldros even without a flight pack. Even with just your ability to jump you're hilariously mobile so assuming you have a level 30 Skell you can just flee as fast as possible until you leave aggro range as you run around placing probes and the like.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Does anyone know where the intel points are for "A Present For Hope", her 2nd affinity mission I believe? This is some serious unfun bullshit. Trying to run around to find blips that I'm probably passing because the people don't load until I'm 20 feet away even with the data packs.

There needs to be an option to quit affinity quests so I can skip this poo poo.

Edit: Just found one of the gold smilies at a place I've ran by at least 5 times.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 13, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So do the other party members need to also need to be in Skells for the soul voice "+1 second of bind time every hit" to activate? Because i'm not having much luck with it working even when my guy gets around to actually saying it. Also just making sure that i'm gonna have to wait till 30 to get everybody else in the party a Skell? They cost a lot so i guess it'll be a while longer after that but i just wanted to double check.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:2bong:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Holy, the Ares 90 is absolutely ridiculous. It solo'd Gu-rha in all of ten seconds without overdrive or pilot mode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

horriblePencilist posted:

Whoever picked the passengers of the White Whale did a terrible job because most of them seem to be either adorable klutzes or psychopaths.

Oh my gosh they're Golgafrinchans

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
This game is so full of choices you have no idea if they're important or not. I found an accidental recon segment about giving Oili the Prone a Laser Gun or a Club. The initial answer is big dumb hunter likes club, but are there any further consequences to this or what?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Any tips for beating the Global Nemesis, Telethia Plume? Once it starts reflecting my main damage types I can't do anything.

Beating him in single player only got me 2 points for some reason, but in multiplayer everyone is even dumber and wastes the 3 retries.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Eopia posted:

Holy, the Ares 90 is absolutely ridiculous. It solo'd Gu-rha in all of ten seconds without overdrive or pilot mode.

am i the only one who thinks it's really dumb that there's one skell that blows all the others out of the water in every conceivable way?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

am i the only one who thinks it's really dumb that there's one skell that blows all the others out of the water in every conceivable way?

It doesn't. See it like buying a computer; it's powerful, but building your own is better. It's the most powerful pre-packaged Skell, but outfitting your own will make it stronger.

Sustentacular
Aug 27, 2011

brainwrinkle posted:

Any tips for beating the Global Nemesis, Telethia Plume? Once it starts reflecting my main damage types I can't do anything.

Beating him in single player only got me 2 points for some reason, but in multiplayer everyone is even dumber and wastes the 3 retries.

Well you could always try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjXiP8VDvI

And I thought getting around 70RP with a full team of skells was a good run :stonklol:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I switched to the Enforcer class just for a change from the Samurai Gunner style of rising blades and assault rifle shootman. Why is such a big gun like the Ray Gun so weak? its auto attack is really bad, is that part of the point of "it only squirts out poo poo shots till the big laser beam is off cooldown?" it's tough to use that especially with the lovely knife. I just want that photon saber.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"gently caress it! I don't think there is such a thing as 'Spherical EM generator'! This is obviously a ploy to just make me run around in circles in one tiny area for half an hour. I'll get that last crystal and... son of a bitch."

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

Does anyone know where the intel points are for "A Present For Hope", her 2nd affinity mission I believe? This is some serious unfun bullshit. Trying to run around to find blips that I'm probably passing because the people don't load until I'm 20 feet away even with the data packs.

There needs to be an option to quit affinity quests so I can skip this poo poo.

Edit: Just found one of the gold smilies at a place I've ran by at least 5 times.

Should be one near the mission board and the other one at the south outside border of Blade Tower - ish.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Random Stranger posted:

"gently caress it! I don't think there is such a thing as 'Spherical EM generator'! This is obviously a ploy to just make me run around in circles in one tiny area for half an hour. I'll get that last crystal and... son of a bitch."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK the Spherical EM Motor.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
By the end of the game will I have enough battle points to max out whatever the gently caress I want, or is that something I should actually worry about?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Terper posted:

It doesn't. See it like buying a computer; it's powerful, but building your own is better. It's the most powerful pre-packaged Skell, but outfitting your own will make it stronger.

What are the go to mods to make your skell a wrecking machine and not a wreck?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

greatn posted:

By the end of the game will I have enough battle points to max out whatever the gently caress I want, or is that something I should actually worry about?

once you beat the main story you unlock repeatable support missions from the multiplayer terminal that give you a ton of certain resources, bp included.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Random Stranger posted:

There's also a mission that gives you one as a reward. I cannot remember which one though. I used it for collectopedia.

In general though, any mission that involves collecting immediately goes in my "I'll do you on accident when I'm exploring or doing a combat mission" backlog because gently caress running around in circles.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

bloodychill posted:

There's also a mission that gives you one as a reward. I cannot remember which one though. I used it for collectopedia.

It's the Murderess recruitment quest iirc

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Is there a specific area that I should be looking in for that EM motor because, uh, :smith:

Also, how do you trigger the actual Heart to Hearts, not the affinity missions? I can see on the map Lin's 1st Heart to Heart, but I've gone to that spot with her both in and our of my party during the designated time, and I can't find either her or an icon to trigger...

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
You gotta walk around and find people with the yellow chat boxes so they can trigger on the map. One of Lins requires a certain pet in your barracks so, it might be that as well.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
I shot a buff alien man flexing for his ladies with a orbital space laser and I got a katana.

Yuuuuuup this is my game of the year.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fhqwhgads posted:

Is there a specific area that I should be looking in for that EM motor because, uh, :smith:

Also, how do you trigger the actual Heart to Hearts, not the affinity missions? I can see on the map Lin's 1st Heart to Heart, but I've gone to that spot with her both in and our of my party during the designated time, and I can't find either her or an icon to trigger...

Weeping Whitewood is where they spawn. There might be other zones, but that's definite. You'll probably have to make a pretty long trip if you haven't visited it yet since you have to either go all the way around Noctilum or find the one really hard to spot path up the tree the in the bay.

Heart to hearts have a specific time and the party member cannot be with you. They're also not where they're marked on your minimap so you'll have to take a look around for the character. They'll appear just with a regular "talk to me" flag above their head.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Fhqwhgads posted:

Weeping Whitewood in the northeast in the continent. By the Giant Nail

Also as a reminder I made an IRC chat that's better than in-game chat: #mira at IRC.synirc.net

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

brainwrinkle posted:

Longsword for DPS, Dual Guns for building TP and survivability. Ghostwalk is a really good way to mitigate damage and gives your cooldowns a chance to build up tertiary ones during the animation.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Inflammatory posted:

once you beat the main story you unlock repeatable support missions from the multiplayer terminal that give you a ton of certain resources, bp included.

Those are formerly cheat DLC for the Japanese version, so I don't like using em much. God knows there's enough sidequests in the game I'll be maxed out on most regular resources easily enough.

Also my sniper rifle build is really coming together, you can do some insane poo poo with the right skills. I don't even need a melee weapon anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuck that means I was STUPID. AGAIN.

Ah, frick, I did this with that Orphean quest too. >:[

We didn't listen to our Ovah. :(

• Locked thread