Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
We getting a proper spoiler season soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

GoutPatrol posted:

Ancient Tomb in the expeditions? Whaaa

Bah, now I actually want the expeditions.

Rinkles posted:

We getting a proper spoiler season soon?

Maro said in making magic last monday he would be back in two weeks with ogw spoilers, but some bits seem to be coming out now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dysgenesis posted:

Maro said in making magic last monday he would be back in two weeks with ogw spoilers, but some bits seem to be coming out now.

That seems a little late for a proper set release

e:oh, last monday

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

GoutPatrol posted:

EDIT: and Forbidden Orchard. So I guess there may be 10 one-of cool lands as expeditions?

I can dig it, beats a distant third most appealing cycle. Unless there's 5 one-ofs and a cycle, since I doubt they will all generate all colours or colourless. Although they can probably get a fair way with EDH staples like Reliquary Tower. I don't know how stuff like City of Brass or Karakas could be made to work on Zendikar, but maybe Mana Confluence, depending on how diverse they want them to be?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

GoutPatrol posted:

EDIT: and Forbidden Orchard. So I guess there may be 10 one-of cool lands as expeditions?

Please urza-tron please please please.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

it looks nice

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Oh bollocks, a land I care about :negative:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The expedition frame remains bafflingly awful.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Now that we're doing Legacy reprints, Wasteland feels flavorful :getin:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Attorney at Funk posted:

Would the LGS as it currently exists even be possible without the MtG secondary market?

Probably. My LGS around 2-3 magic events every week and has huge rooms for war hammer, armada and x-wang and whatever other bullshit people want to play. They make a majority of their money off of comics, manga and graphic novels. I always thought it was Magic but the owner laughed and said Magic was good for making the store look busy and bringing us in to buy packs, sleeves and cases.

They also have a L1 judge as their full time event coordinator who is full time staff.malthiugh on days nothing is scheduled that needs a person to oversee she works in the store like a normal employee.

Exit: oh and my store doesn't sell singles.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Here's to an ink moth nexus that won't show up.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Ancient tomb, forbidden orchard and urzatron makes a nice round five.

Wasteland and rishadan port too please.

I wonder if this kind of special foil card injected into sets may become a more regular thing. Probably reserved to boost sales of sets that are obviously poo poo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Watch one of them be Kor Haven. Such flavor

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Oh god. You might as well scoop to whoever gets this in their limited pool with any decent Eldrazi.
So, let's see. If they're doing one-of's for the 10 outside the filter lands that are "generic" enough sounding, that means we can spec on:
Wasteland
Karakas
Diamond Valley
Horizon Canopy
Grove of the Burnwillows
City of Traitors (could be named for wherever Ayla hangs out :unsmigghh: )
Cavern of Souls
Academy Ruins
Cabal Coffers (maybe?)
Dryad Arbor? (Are there Dryads on Zendikar?)
Dust Bowl
River of Tears
Deserted Temple
Kor Haven
Gemstone Mine
Thawing Glaciers?
Mana Confluence
Strip Mine
Reflecting Pool

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know what we're talking about with regards to lands but I think it's extremely obvious it's gonna be Calciform Pools and some functional reprints of Calciform Pools.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Do you guys think they're going to reprint Pillarfield Ox or do you think they're going to break verisimilitude and print Thraben Purebloods, which everybody knows don't exist on zendikar

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Four Score posted:

That would be great! Taps for colorless mana to help cast that foil Kozilek you also got in your sealed pool! :3:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah it's not half as good as Calciform Pools so that would loving suck

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Second post with Calciform Pools and you're already beating a dead horse.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AlternateNu posted:

Oh god. You might as well scoop to whoever gets this in their limited pool with any decent Eldrazi.
So, let's see. If they're doing one-of's for the 10 outside the filter lands that are "generic" enough sounding, that means we can spec on:
Wasteland
Karakas
Diamond Valley
Horizon Canopy
Grove of the Burnwillows
Cavern of Souls
Academy Ruins
Cabal Coffers (maybe?)
Dust Bowl
River of Tears
Deserted Temple
Kor Haven
Gemstone Mine
Thawing Glaciers?
Mana Confluence
Strip Mine
Reflecting Pool

If Tomb is 36 and Orchard is 39, only 2 things can be between A and F.

Diamond Valley
Cavern of Souls
Cabal Coffers (maybe?)
Dust Bowl
Deserted Temple

It also leaves enough room for the 5 Worldwake manlands.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I'd cast my Thraben Lifeblood with her Calciform Pool if you know what I mean.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Four Score posted:

I mean, it's from the same set as Tomb

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Skyl3lazer posted:

I mean, it's from the same set as Tomb

I hope this isn't their only plan to get "aggressive" with reprints now that core sets are gone the way if banding.

NivMizzet
May 22, 2004

"My criticism of the Izzet is that their impulse for learning seems too much like impulse and too little like learning."
-Trigori, Azorius senator

It might be fun to show this to someone and ask how many corpses are in the art and see how many people answer correctly.

In fact maybe if Wizards had done that as part of their focus testing they might have realized how terrible the frames are.

Syphilis Fish
Apr 27, 2006
I think Gemstone mine is fairly good for reprint. It gets played, is modern legal, its a land that has a drawback (you use it 'up') and isn't one of the ones that everyone keeps begging/pleading for.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GoutPatrol posted:

If Tomb is 36 and Orchard is 39, only 2 things can be between A and F.

Diamond Valley
Cavern of Souls
Cabal Coffers (maybe?)
Dust Bowl
Deserted Temple

It also leaves enough room for the 5 Worldwake manlands.

I wouldn't bet on Diamond Valley or City of Traitors.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Wait so do we know for sure now that we're not getting enemy tangolands? Wouldn't non-cycle expeditions be the exact situation that would suggest we are?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

stinkles1112 posted:

Wait so do we know for sure now that we're not getting enemy tangolands? Wouldn't non-cycle expeditions be the exact situation that would suggest we are?

We know literally nothing yet. Just what has been spoiled.

NivMizzet
May 22, 2004

"My criticism of the Izzet is that their impulse for learning seems too much like impulse and too little like learning."
-Trigori, Azorius senator

stinkles1112 posted:

They could very easily do 10 filters, 5 oathlands, and 5 others.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Cavern of souls and wasteland I think have a good shot of being expedition'd but :speculate:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Expedition At The Tabernacle At Pendrell Vale.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

stinkles1112 posted:

The fact that we know there are 3 enemy manlands in Oath would make it unlikely. I also don't think they'll be in SOI because then there would be three enemy-coloured land cycles to one allied.

Anyway, how good are they going to be when the fetches rotate? Maybe the enemy colours will turn up 2 blocks away from the enemy fetch reprints

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mcmagic posted:

The Expedition At The Tabernacle At Pendrell Vale.

Oh I hope so. I love my OG tabernacle but the colors are so faded.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Chill la Chill posted:

Oh I hope so. I love my OG tabernacle but the colors are so faded.

It's reserved list. Nothing reserved list is getting printed as an expedition.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

please let this mean wasteland is gonna be reprinted, it even fits flavorly!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

stinkles1112 posted:

We don't and I'd bet against it. It is more likely they finish the enemy manland cycle with the other 3 colors in Oath. Given that, plus we've seen Mirrorpool, that is 4 rare/mythiic lands. I'm not certain what small sets have but 8+ seems unlikely? Looking back through small sets, the only small set with more than 4 rare/mythic lands in it is, Worldwake the second small set in the previous lands block.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Rinkles posted:

The expedition frame remains bafflingly awful.

Worst crop so far.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Yeah, cutting off all the dead guys is just terrible. It seems like they didn't bother to tell any of the artists to not put anything interesting at the bottom of the frame because it would get covered up.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Skyl3lazer posted:

It's reserved list. Nothing reserved list is getting printed as an expedition.

This should be their expedition in abolishing the Peculiar Institution, the Reserved List.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Which goon was it that had the cool playmat designs they were selling? Like urza utilities and siege rhino security. Need to buy a secret santa gift.

• Locked thread