Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Vaders Jester posted:

How furious are 'Quins and Wales going to be if Roberts gets injured?

Oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oxford are going to lose this game and after that drop their 15 will know it's his fault.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He'll be ok. A job in the city no doubt awaits.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Looked him up: he's a geography student. Definitely a job in the city.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, that probably could have been a red. He had no business being there.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Definitely - both involved in that tackle are lucky in their own ways.

But bloody hell, not sure if Oxford deserved that. NH all the way through.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

lovely Nostradamus strikes again.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
17-0 to Ulster here at Ravenhill, Toulouse look poo thankfully.

E: scored again, gently caress me French teams suck a whole load of dick away from home

E2: 31-0 to Ulster, still thinking it'll be a complete reverse in next week's rematch in Toulouse. More like Toulose tonight though lol.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 11, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ulster have looked really good through the game, though Toulouse just haven't bothered turning either. Good to see Trimble playing well again.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Honestly Toulouse were as inept going forward as any team I've seen this season, and I've watched Treviso.

Paying particular attention to Exeter-Clermont and Munster- Leicester tomorrow, calling two home wins and hopefully one of the Irish provinces ending up in the playoffs.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Paying particular attention to Exeter-Clermont and Munster- Leicester tomorrow, calling two home wins and hopefully one of the Irish provinces ending up in the playoffs.

I sure would like Exeter to win!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I do like Exeter. Slade is a high level player but I think they can manage without him. Doing what they've done coming up from the championship with mostly local players is really cool and gently caress all of France for having too much money and breaking the Heineken Cup.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Shoe the tabs hooray etc etc christ the varsity match is depressing

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Naiyaravoro is doing horrible things to the Scarlets just now.

He's going to skullfuck Edinburgh.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
That guy is NUTS, holyshit.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Hahaha, how much did Unspellable Guy even cost?

Awww.. he seems like such an awesome guy, as well.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 12, 2015

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
The TMO shouldn't be allowed to overturn tries it they're sufficiently awesome. https://streamable.com/kjsg

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Someone has illustrated the entire history of Rugby Union in one image :psyduck:

(Link to the artist's website, as the image won't fit on Flickr)

http://www.roundheadillustration.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Rugby-Mishmash-website-watermarked.jpg

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

Hahaha, how much did Unspellable Guy even cost?

Awww.. he seems like such an awesome guy, as well.

Apparently Edinburgh offered him £175,000 a year for three years to play for them though Glasgow seem to have been allowed to get his contract instead. Not cheap, but he could prove to be a nightmare if Glasgow (and the opposition) keep getting him good ball.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Jesus, that's not bad for an ex league player with one year of pro rugby under his belt. No way the tahs could've matched that.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
loving Healy, he's been a waster since about 2013 and does way too much dirty poo poo on the pitch. Send him to loving Connacht or something

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yesssssss, come on you Bath!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Swan Curry posted:

loving Healy, he's been a waster since about 2013 and does way too much dirty poo poo on the pitch. Send him to loving Connacht or something

No, we have a good 15 now and we don't want to ruin it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

Jesus, that's not bad for an ex league player with one year of pro rugby under his belt. No way the tahs could've matched that.

I imagine that the SRU looked at him and saw he was uncapped and thought they could make a project player out of him (because we're probably about 5 years away from our academy system actually getting up to speed so gently caress it might as well poach other players :P) but then Australia (unsurprisingly) capped him against the USA, but he's done really well for himself considering his inexperience and Australia are probably going to get a great winger out of it if DTH van der Merwe's progress is anything to go by.
Glasgow did apparently send people over to speak to him and his family personally rather than just call him, which is what he says convinced him to head over which I guess is kind of a mark of Townsend's coaching and shows how much he actually cares about the club and the guys playing for him.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35116844

loving :lol:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of rude to accept the job and then deliberately gently caress the team over.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

goatface posted:

It's kind of rude to accept the job and then deliberately gently caress the team over.

And yet still hilarious.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

loving spectacular. A fitting punishment.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Wow someone finally admits Robshaw is a 6. Stunning. How that level of clarity can come from someone who also thinks Hartley is captain material though is staggering.

Looking forward to his first Yellow as captain!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Will it come from violent play or arguing with the ref? Only time will tell.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

goatface posted:

Will it come from violent play or arguing with the ref? Only time will tell.

please let it be from hitting the ref, then Hartley can rack off for good.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I'm looking forward to the future stats of how long he's actually been on the pitch as England captain and how long he's spent in the bin or suspended.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Perfect. I wonder what the odds are on him being the England captain the same time next year.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

It's risky but might be worth it. He's definitely got personality and skill rather than being a bland pile of nothingness like Robshaw. Jones must be thinking he might as well appoint a person who has the possibility of being a good captain if he doesn't gently caress up rather than one of the many players England have who can't be good captains and won't gently caress up.

Still, 54 weeks of suspension for a 29 year old is about 10% of his playing time, that's a poo poo load.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

I'm looking forward to the future stats of how long he's actually been on the pitch as England captain and how long he's spent in the bin or suspended.

He's only been carded 6 times in his 66 England games, that's less than 10% of the time! Clearly someone who gets sin binned in more than 10% of his matches would not be captain material so he's fine just now.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I have accepted that none of my sports teams will ever be good, so now I merely require that they are funny. Hartley ad captain is perfect for me.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
The best thing about this is going to be the English press desperately trying to rehabilitate him and convince themselves that he's the Second Coming, and that his repeated (and recent) disciplinary issues were just youthful indiscretions.

And then the Scots are going to bait him and he will punch Greig Laidlaw in his first game as captain and it will be beautiful.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

The best thing about this is going to be the English press desperately trying to rehabilitate him and convince themselves that he's the Second Coming, and that his repeated (and recent) disciplinary issues were just youthful indiscretions.

And then the Scots are going to bait him and he will punch Greig Laidlaw in his first game as captain and it will be beautiful.

They should bring Jim Hamilton out of retirement just for this game.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Martin Johnson was just as much of a thug as Hartley is.

And he turned out OK as skipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He was good at being a cheating oval office though, he knew how to work the ref. Hartley's not even a smart oval office.