Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Has he at least stood up and banned those that Arson for Carson or (god forbid) think JEB! can fix it?

Jeb supporters? I don't think those ever existed on Freep, since they blame him for Terri Shiavo's death...

Freep is pretty hardcore these days and if you support Marco Rubio you're bound to get tarred and feathered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

if you think about it its kinda amazing that american primaries are so different from presidential elections and yet both manage to be equally terrible at being democratic by disenfranchising half of the country

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Freepers will fall in line to support whomever the nominee is once JimRob announces it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Subvisual Haze posted:

Ready for more crazy Trump focus group footage from Frank Luntz?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-voters-are-loyal-to-donald-trump/

edit: When Luntz asks if it's Presidential to say "bomb the [bleep] out of ISIS" the crowd starts clapping and cheering. I love this poo poo.

Thank you! This is fantastic.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

babypolis posted:

is it better to let it be decided by two lovely small states that no one gives a gently caress about otherwise?

Illinois is not small, and we've produced better administrations than any other state.

Hillary's from IL, after sll.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Vegetable posted:

Political campaigning must surely be a net boost to Iowa's and New Hampshire's economies. I wonder why don't more states jump on the bandwagon.

because it's against the rules. its in the bylaws that everyone has to care about nh and iowa lmao.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So this is the second CNN debate that has hosed with its own debate criteria to let someone into the debate.

Why do we let anyone other than FOX News host debates again?

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Why do they even care to keep Rand in? It's not like he brings much to the table...

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Logikv9 posted:

Freepers will fall in line to support whomever the nominee is once JimRob announces it.

With broken hearts they will weep in the voting booth as they pull the lever for Jeb!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Illinois is not small, and we've produced better administrations than any other state.

Hillary's from IL, after sll.

yes thats what i mean. its really stupid and weird that small irrelevant states like iowa and nh have disproportionate influence because of some accident of history. having an actual important state like IL first would be infinitely better

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
So we have:
Trump
Cruz
Carson
Rubio
JEB!!!
Kasich
CARLY
Christie
Rand

Is this correct? Trump center, flanked by Cruz and Carson. Should be fun, hope JEB!!! is next to Marco.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

ohgodwhat posted:

Why do they even care to keep Rand in? It's not like he brings much to the table...

He gives Trump a target to draw in ratings.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Michael Corleone posted:

So we have:
Trump
Cruz
Carson
Rubio
JEB!!!
Kasich
CARLY
Christie
Rand

Is this correct? Trump center, flanked by Cruz and Carson. Should be fun, hope JEB!!! is next to Marco.

If they're going to be arranged in that order then Jeb will be across the stage from Rubio.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Brannock posted:

If they're going to be arranged in that order then Jeb will be across the stage from Rubio.

e;
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/13/politics/republican-debate-gop-stage/index.html

Businessman Donald Trump, the front-runner for the nomination, will again be center stage flanked by retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson on his right and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on his left, CNN announced Sunday. The six remaining participants in the prime time contest will be Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, businesswoman Carly Fiorina, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Libertarian people watch TV, that must be it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Libertarian people watch TV, that must be it.

They do nothing else.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

babypolis posted:

is it better to let it be decided by two lovely small states that no one gives a gently caress about otherwise?

New Hampsire has a law on the books that if another state schedules their primary to go first, NH's will automatically jump back by a week (or whatever it takes) to be the first again.

I really want to see another state pass the same law. It'd be cool to see their primaries leapfrog themselves back to the instant of the Big Bang.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I find it hilarious that Rand is demanding affirmative action from the media.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

how long are they going to keep up these clown-car debates, mother of god

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Peel posted:

Until the money stops flowing

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So is Graham the only one left out?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lindsey Graham's off to polish off a bottle of Jack Daniels in one sitting. His one chance to clown on Rand, down the toilet. Lindsey Graham's depressingly miserable life just got a little sadder. :smith:

Kiddie table's Huck, Santorum, Graham, and, sigh, Pataki.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the iowa gop caucus was supposedly 99% white in 2012, hilariously http://iowacaucusproject.org/2015/08/what-types-of-people-participate-in-the-iowa-caucuses/

more than 10% of iowa nowadays is nonwhite, it's only the sixth-whitest state in the nation now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Hispanic_whites

i wonder what would happen if maine, vermont, west virginia, or north dakota tried to negotiate an early primary. i bet the conversation would be different than if a diverse state went for it

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Louisgod posted:

So is Graham the only one left out?

Huckabee I guess. unless he dropped out and I just didnt hear about it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

oystertoadfish posted:

the iowa gop caucus was supposedly 99% white in 2012, hilariously http://iowacaucusproject.org/2015/08/what-types-of-people-participate-in-the-iowa-caucuses/

more than 10% of iowa nowadays is nonwhite, it's only the sixth-whitest state in the nation now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Hispanic_whites

i wonder what would happen if maine, vermont, west virginia, or north dakota tried to negotiate an early primary. i bet the conversation would be different than if a diverse state went for it

i would love if the first major test for a presidential candidate was how much they love lobsters or maple syrup.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

oystertoadfish posted:

North Dakota is one of three states on the GOP side that's trying to just...not vote...and allocate its delegates through a state convention (Wyoming and Colorado are the others).

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Both Graham and Pataki are returning after being excluded from the last debate, so you could argue that they have momentum now.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh hey, the debate is on the 15th? I'm watching this for sure, it's definitely! going to be when Jeb unleashes Chang.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

that sounds like the traditional caucus, where the 'straw poll' or 'presidential preference vote' or whatever was just a meaningless side show and delegates 'pledged' themselves by saying who they wanted to vote for, so it makes some internal logical sense. whereas iowa just sold out, man, so they could still be the first

edit: it would be great if west virginia was the first primary. the party that promised to dump the most strip-mine tailings into the drinking water would win the vote

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Peel posted:

I think this is a side effect of everyone raging against "the establishment". The RNC basically has no control of the process anymore. I'm sure they'd be all too happy to up the minimal requirements to winnow down the field and let support consolidate behind a few non-Trump candidates, but they're completely toothless at this point. And so Christie/Carly/Rand can keep bitching everytime their support slips to a minimal level and still get a ticket to the big stage.

Chaos reigns and Trump laughs.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Christie next to Paul! I expect them to shove their hands in each others' faces as they argue about the Fourth Amendment.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Find the most diverse state in the nation and make that the first primary, probably CA or NY. Let Iowa keep their caucus.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Michael Corleone posted:

Find the most diverse state in the nation and make that the first primary, probably CA or NY. Let Iowa keep their caucus.

Find the state which produces the most corn and make that the first primary state.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Michael Corleone posted:

Republican primary. Even if you have a diverse state go early, how diverse is the GOP primary electorate going to be?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Alternative: Go from least populated state to most populated state, to really kinda drum up the intensity as the race goes on. OR, go in ABC order, Alabama doesn't get enough love!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

nevada is a very early state and is quite diverse but nobody cares about them for some reason

also south carolina is extremely nonwhite but after you split into parties you've basically got an unrepresentatively white gop primary and an unrepresentatively black democratic primary

edit: make dc's primary the first. the gop establishment would probably literally have a majority in the gop primary just with their personal votes and the votes of the staffers who they can fire if they vote the wrong way

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

nevada is a very early state and is quite diverse but nobody cares about them for some reason

also south carolina is extremely nonwhite but after you split into parties you've basically got an unrepresentatively white gop primary and an unrepresentatively black democratic primary

because they are crazy and would caucus for LaRouche if given the chance

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

an actual interesting state to go early would be texas

california too really. the california gop and texas democrats would have fun being relevant in something besides fundraising

gently caress it run american samoa's primary first it'd be a fun tradition like dixville notch or whatever that poo poo is

the whole conversation is silliness

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Peel posted:

Until January, I hope. I want one, just one, debate with both Megyn Kelly and Carly on the same stage.

After January, be my guest.

• Locked thread