Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Electromax posted:

Don't forget Metroid Other M

Truly the Wii's 9/11. Never forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the nx will be called the nintendo revolution

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Get ready for the NincloUd

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Truly the Wii's 9/11. Never forget.

that's the problem, y'all gotta move on!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Also yes, the GameCube adapter is compatible with Nintendon't.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The new nes is a name I could definitely get behind.

Also the wiimote with the rubbery cover is one of my favourite controllers for gaming.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah that blows

I bought a mario kart console, a gamecube controller adaptor, a smash controller, and a wiimote for my kids for xmas. ( waited for this week to buy games, since best buy has em onsale, was gonna get smash and nes remix) and that is really goddamn stupid

Do i need a nunchuk for the wii-u? Sorry to sound like an idiot here but the last nintendo console i bought was a gamecube and idk how all this works

The only thing I have used the nunchuk for is one of the minigames on Nintendo Land. I think you can use it as an alternate control scheme in some games like Mario 3D World, and of course there's the Wii backwards compatibility.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The intro music of Mario Kart 8 fills up my EX bar like you don't even know. When that saxophone riff kicks in I have 12 frames of invincibility, easily

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

VideoGames posted:

The new nes is a name I could definitely get behind.

Also the wiimote with the rubbery cover is one of my favourite controllers for gaming.

That's the wii condom.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The intro music of Mario Kart 8 fills up my EX bar like you don't even know. When that saxophone riff kicks in I have 12 frames of invincibility, easily

I love how it goes into the intro music from the SNES game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

bowser's castle music is my jam, personally

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

Also yes, the GameCube adapter is compatible with Nintendon't.

Yeah it owns. That's why the Wii U is the best console.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the mario kart dlc is worth it just for the f zero remixes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Big band covers of F zero tracks

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Well, I finally gave in and downloaded Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (VI) on the Wii Virtual Console, so when Square Enix announces they'll be bringing those games to the Wii U VC as past of promoting Cloud in Smash Bros., you know who to thank.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Destructoid says Gamestop only got 420 copies of Devil's Third across the entire country.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Destructoid says Gamestop only got 420 copies of Devil's Third across the entire country.

What is gamestop going to do with the 400 leftover copies?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is it already on shelves?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
That just means it's limited edition and will be worth hundreds.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
That's a shame, I was hoping it would be like Madworld and I could buy a copy for $8 and never play it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BLAZE IT

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
devil's third is about to be the most sought after game in existence

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Tender Bender posted:

I love how it goes into the intro music from the SNES game.

:yeah:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

the nx will be called the nintendo revolution

Project Reality U.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nintendo Ultra

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Manky posted:

That's a shame, I was hoping it would be like Madworld and I could buy a copy for $8 and never play it.

that's about what madworld is worth, but you should still play it for the soundtrack and commentary

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Nintendo will call the NX the Dolphin. :colbert:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Looper posted:

that's about what madworld is worth, but you should still play it for the soundtrack and commentary

Madworld is absolutely worth a playthrough if you can get it for less than 10 dollars.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

MK8 has unbelievably sick music. Whoever was the guy that decided 3D World and Mario Kart needed to be big band with electric guitar deserves a medal.

Kaubocks posted:

bowser's castle music is my jam, personally

Looper posted:

the mario kart dlc is worth it just for the f zero remixes

These are good. Also Cloudtop Cruise and Electrodrome. Also the Animal Crossing music is good for being appropriately chill af for a Mario Kart game and Hyrule Circuit gets a pass because it's so spastic and stupid for a Zelda medley.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

These are good. Also Cloudtop Cruise and Electrodrome. Also the Animal Crossing music is good for being appropriately chill af for a Mario Kart game and Hyrule Circuit gets a pass because it's so spastic and stupid for a Zelda medley.

piranha plant slide is fantastic and very weird

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Mario Kart 8 is close to perfect. Sadly the rainbow course is a huge letdown

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Yeah it is. It's not the worst level ever or anything but it's definitely a huge letdown after how goddamn good Rainbow Road was in 7. Good music too.

I really liked the sectioned courses like Rainbow Road they had in MK7 and I was kind of disappointed that they didn't really have more of them for MK8. Mount Wario was really good at least, and Big Blue was pretty solid too but that was in the DLC. I think people got kind of turned off by them because the two Wii Sports levels were bad garbage.

I feel like they took another shot at their Rainbow Road 8 idea with Ice Ice Outpost (with the whole split track thing) and that level is so much better. Probably the level that gives me the most trouble, too.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 14, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

on the other hand, it made RR 64 good and enjoyable, albeit now too short

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Looper posted:

on the other hand, it made RR 64 good and enjoyable, albeit now too short

My only issue with the redo of Rainbow Road 64 is that if you fall behind early on in the race, making significant gains is nearly impossible.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My only issue with the redo of Rainbow Road 64 is that if you fall behind early on in the race, making significant gains is nearly impossible.

Pretty much the problem that the Wii Sports courses had in 7. Not enough items or course hazards and no shortcuts. Rainbow Road 64 is a pretty mild and easy level so yeah, if you get an early lead you're pretty much untouchable. Especially because the worst place to be in MK8 is from 2nd to about 6th.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
You guys see this? The patent that N acquired for a touch screen controller?

http://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/story/3553227/nintendo-files-patent-for-phone-like-game-controller/?cs=36

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
never seen that before

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rainbow Road )4 in MK8 is far, far too short. I like what they did with the visuals and the wavy bits of the stage and whatnot but a single lap around the stage is a goddamn crime.

Looper posted:

more like BADworld on account of how not good it is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Uhh yeah it's called the WiiU Gamepad, it's been out for a while now, dingus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
MK8 was the best mario kart before the dlc.... now? Its far too powerful.

• Locked thread