Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Male Man posted:

At least the dual version is easy to get.

The solution to a lot of life's problems. Kill Vor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Finally got Lobster Butt Prime. All this grinding for a weird rear end skirt.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Vauban's Tesla still doesn't respect range mods if you're client. It's been this way since at least August, probably longer.

i really wanted to tesla spam.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I forgot how much I liked my Trin prime until I used her on a sortie excavation and just kept everyone hopped up on shields and energy while I shot things.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Is the game hosed for anyone else? The game soft hung at the end of a mission, I notice a whole lot of people logging off, and when Alt F4'd out and restarted it started getting stuck on checking for updates.

That happened to me too and I had to leave before I could see if the game was coming back online. I assume it's probably fine now.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Alaan posted:

I forgot how much I liked my Trin prime until I used her on a sortie excavation and just kept everyone hopped up on shields and energy while I shot things.

Yeah she seems pretty cool so far. What's your mod setup?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

This is never, ever going to get built but someone has a design for a real life Orokin tower in nyc.

edit: Gizmodo has better pictures: http://gizmodo.com/this-nyc-skyscraper-design-is-like-the-chrysler-buildin-1747445141

mrmcd fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 13, 2015

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

That is a grotesquely hideous building.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I like trin in the 'baby got back' version, but there is like no practical difference between her and the old trinity. If there is any real benefit, other than me feeling like I've eeked out every tiny bit of performance like an idiot, I certainly dont notice it. People tend to use shield builds now, because of the increased shields?

Mine is the same as ye olde immortal build for the most part. Maxed quick thinking and rage being the most important ones. Then just lotsa duration and enough power to get the full damage reduction, gently caress efficiency. Unbind your 1 key, unless you use it to stun. Always have link going, always use energy vampire, and if your health is suddenly zero, press 4. This fights pretty much anything except the very late game stuff.

If you're doing ultra late game stuff you need to focus much more on energy vampire and range.

Speaking of mirage, is there a trick to getting her to survive later game stuff? Like T4 and such? I absolutely love her, wrecking havok with 5 ignises (ignisi) is amazing and the disco ball is great too, but I get one-shot so often in the later stages, it becomes impossible do much., except camp a frost globe. Just not much of a solo frame?

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 13, 2015

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

mrmcd posted:

This is never, ever going to get built but someone has a design for a real life Orokin tower in nyc.

edit: Gizmodo has better pictures: http://gizmodo.com/this-nyc-skyscraper-design-is-like-the-chrysler-buildin-1747445141

seven hands raised the sentence for apostasy is death

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

winterwerefox posted:

That is a grotesquely hideous building.

#1 contender for the Trump White House redesign

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Alaan posted:

I was super pleasantly surprised when I found out being in Limbo lets you just waltz through all the Corpus beams and poo poo. gently caress you guys, I'm hitting 2 and just sprinting through here. Smell ya' later.

Also Valkyr is even more hilarious now with Naramon around. Bonus crit chance+invsible on crit+berserker mod. You are basically just an invisible ball of rage and claws that scythes through even 80+ enemies in one shot.

That's really good info. Thanks man.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

WebDO posted:

#1 contender for the Trump White House redesign

efb

was going to suggest he should tweet it at Trump

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Speaking of mirage, is there a trick to getting her to survive later game stuff? Like T4 and such? I absolutely love her, wrecking havok with 5 ignises (ignisi) is amazing and the disco ball is great too, but I get one-shot so often in the later stages, it becomes impossible do much., except camp a frost globe. Just not much of a solo frame?

The biggest trick (and this is for any frame, really) is "keep moving." Enemies accuracy goes to poo poo if you're moving fast. Since enemies will target your clones, I almost never get hit. If you have eclipse up and somehow can't dodge, get in a shadowy area where your damage reduction will kick in (instead of +damage, which you normally want). If you're still having problems, get a +range +duration +efficiency disco ball and just keep the whole map blinded (though since enemies will shoot towards noise, you still have to keep moving unless you have a silent weapon).

The other trick is that ignis damage doesn't scale as well as, say, the synoid simulor or the tonkor, which can still utterly annihilate high level enemies 40+ minutes into a t4 survival. Enemies can't shoot you if they're dead :getin:

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Yup, always have your 1 up, always be moving. Never take a single target weapon with mirage, you want the biggest AoE you can muster so instead of having to do something so prosaic as aim, you just hose a general area down while ninjaing all over the place. The only times I'm ever downed as Mirage is if I eat an unlucky bombard knockdown or get caught in an AoE myself.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Posting in thread for Goon clan, this game looks awesome as hell.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Then just lotsa duration and enough power to get the full damage reduction, gently caress efficiency.

How much power would that be, please? Looked up Maximization on wikia and googled - nothing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do people still just bumrush to the end of missions in this game, ignoring most if not all enemies? It's what turned me off of it shortly after it came out.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Onion Rings posted:

Posting in thread for Goon clan, this game looks awesome as hell.

I know there's some grumbling in this thread, but I do indeed think this game is pretty cool, even after a few hundred hours. Hopefully you find it to be your cup of tea too!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Verranicus posted:

Do people still just bumrush to the end of missions in this game, ignoring most if not all enemies? It's what turned me off of it shortly after it came out.

Worse, I literally turn on a power that kills everyone as I run past.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Verranicus posted:

It depends on the mission. There's several mission types now that require horrible, horrible death to be visited on as many enemies as possible. So obviously for those mission types there will be plenty of killing, although some of them (Extermination alerts in particular) you may never see an enemy as a trio of Ember Primes parkour through the ship at mach V killing everything instantly. However, mission types like Survival, Defense, Mobile Defense, and Interception will give you all the space genocide you desire. Still, as always, the best way to have fun is to play with friends.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Just Finished Mastery Rank 19 test. If anyone hasn't done a stealth test lately, just fyi they disabled all stealth abilities on any frame that has them. I couldn't OP the test with stealth Loki. Well, work got in the way this weekend, what did Baro have this past Friday? I missed it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Dahbadu posted:

I know there's some grumbling in this thread, but I do indeed think this game is pretty cool, even after a few hundred hours. Hopefully you find it to be your cup of tea too!

Yeah, just ignore our grumpy old man ramblings, we tend to think that things are worse than they are.

Speaking of grumpy old man things, someone help me make the lato vandal and braton vandal at least usable, I wanna swing my closed beta stuff around sometimes :v:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nalesh posted:

Speaking of grumpy old man things, someone help me make the lato vandal and braton vandal at least usable, I wanna swing my closed beta stuff around sometimes :v:

Standard damage build.

The Vandals have only a slight preference to Slash, so no funny business like running Fanged Fusillade.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Verranicus posted:

The new sorties make it hard to run face first into every room, since you'll get shot and fall over almost immediately. I find them quite fun! A decent challenge to work through with good rewards at the end :buddy:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Solo everything (that isn't hard enough to need a team), going public isn't worth the 50:50 chance of being bored to tears.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

The new sorties make it hard to run face first into every room, since you'll get shot and fall over almost immediately. I find them quite fun! A decent challenge to work through with good rewards at the end :buddy:
Sometimes they make it hard to run into the first room, because those thumper mines are no longer a novelty weapon at level 70! :v:

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Wukong in his true form.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah those thumper mines are a whole lot of bullshit when they paint the entire room with them overlapping.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah those thumper mines are a whole lot of bullshit when they paint the entire room with them overlapping.

Sorties have taught me that the sapper mines go from "mildly annoying" to "instant death" once the ospreys get to 60. They'll shred off like 1200 shields a tic, and the damage somehow carries into health and then you're hosed.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
And then someone goes down in a field of three and everyone rushes in to revive while the sapper ospreys are still there and shooting out more and more

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I thought there was supposed to be a limit to how many of those loving mines the ospreys can poo poo out :negative:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MAXIMUM FAST (not mine)

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Not maximum fast, isn't on Volt.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Volt enables Loki to achieve maximum fast, but can't be maximum fast himself.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Has anyone figured out if Coaction drift is good yet? What should I use it with? Does it replace Rush? DOES ANYTHING EVER REPLACE RUSH!?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Found a new spot for focus farming on Rusalka/similar:

That spot is within range of 3 or 4 enemy spawn locations. Two of those (in that shot, just forward and to the left, and the end of the hall ahead) are within range for Carrier to suck some or all of the resulting loot through the walls. This means that you don't need to leave that hallway to grab energy, which means that enemies keep constantly keep spawning. It's real good.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

http://www.gfycat.com/ScarceIllustriousAbyssiniancat

Ivara/Wukong 2016

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Was expecting Wattchewant gif.

0/10

Adbot