Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just want a Novakid-only wand that summons a rushing space train in any direction

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

BillmasterCozb posted:

I just want a Novakid-only wand that summons a rushing space rain in any direction

I want Tiy to get hit by a meteor but we both know Chucklefish wont deliver.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rotten Cookies posted:

Apparently you can't energy dash in the air because techs will be upgradeable in the future.

So of course the devs made it so you get poo poo tier tech now with no upgrades possible instead of waiting until upgrades were a thing and implementing it then.

I was going to go back and play this today, but then I saw this and it reminded me

i dont know who makes design decisions there like this, but lmao

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I was going to go back and play this today, but then I saw this and it reminded me

i dont know who makes design decisions there like this, but lmao

Tiyuri, the man who suspended development because he got spooked by a pedo.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Lu Yan posted:

Tiyuri, the man who suspended development because he got spooked by a pedo.

What?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Early after launch, some poo poo went down with either a forum moderator or employee being a suspected pedo or some poo poo.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Dandywalken posted:

Early after launch, some poo poo went down with either a forum moderator or employee being a suspected pedo or some poo poo.

i've only been keeping tabs of SB drama from time to time, but why is this the first i've even heard of this?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

because it was just some weirdo on the forums and they didn't shut down or w/e the gently caress was being said

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Seeing this thread get posted in constantly inspired me to try to play Starbound again.

Started a new guy, ignored all the stupid sidequests and did minimal crafting, spent an hour looking for titanium unsuccessfully and then uninstalled.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I can see this game being fun if you're hopping around planets, picking up neat items and coming back to decorate the ultimate home.

Until it rains and everything floods, of course.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can see this game being fun if you're hopping around planets, picking up neat items and coming back to decorate the ultimate home.

Until it rains and everything floods, of course.

Yeah let me just do some tedious mining to find some useless space rocks at the bottom of the map with my garbage digging tool so I can actually leave the planet.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

there's also no way to speed this process up using another character who has progressed farther because you can't even see the coordinates of your starting planet until you've already done the most annoying part.

oh also one of the side quests you need to do to upgrade your ship requires a "cool jacket" which is something only humans can craft by default so unless you're playing a human you need to find a human town (which may not exist, ive only ever seen hostile human dungeons) or find the blueprint i guess.

Kly fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 13, 2015

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I know energy dash had the mid-air dash removed and also got a lovely long cooldown, but does it also seem...shorter? Because holy poo poo it just seems totally useless as it is right now. They're apparently planning on letting you upgrade it but the standard level 1 version should at least me somewhat worth using ever. It doesn't have an energy cost anymore, but that means nothing if there's literally no point to use it.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Kly posted:

there's also no way to speed this process up using another character who has progressed farther because you can't even see the coordinates of your starting planet until you've already done the most annoying part.

oh also one of the side quests you need to do to upgrade your ship requires a "cool jacket" which is something only humans can craft by default so unless you're playing a human you need to find a human town (which may not exist, ive only ever seen hostile human dungeons) or find the blueprint i guess.

Thats wrong. My nova kid and avian were able to make the jacket.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grimcreaper posted:

Wait for it...

Also yeah, that was the same situation for me.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

:negative:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

grimcreaper posted:

BillmasterCozb posted:

Also yeah, that was the same situation for me.

oh my bad I must've just missed it in the menu

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I'm voting you best poster on SA.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
He just does it out of love.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

grimcreaper posted:

I'm voting you best poster on SA.

I'm just glad we have our own little taint reaper

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
How did they make this more tedious and combat actually irritating. Not difficult until I learn it, just plan irritating.

Oh yea, touch damage.

Uninstalled and forgotten. Good example on how you need a design document within 2 drat years

Idiots.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

I'm just glad we have our own little taint reaper

Sadly, that's lost on me. Who or what is a taint reaper?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Uhm, if they don't have design docs what do you call that pixelated flowchart?! Hmm??

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Visual Autism

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

friends, chucklefish is bad, but please don't make things up. tiy does have design documents:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the best design documents are vulnerable to complete erasure if you get a concussion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I do wish people wouldn't be so hard on Supernorn

The game hasn't really gone anywhere but its not his fault and I wish he'd post more

I like the guy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah the messenger is kind of a prick sometimes but only a fool would shoot him

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Isn't Supernorn an art guy? So yeah he's one of the people that's actually doing his job good, unlike Tiyuri and his terrible, terrible game design.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Slime posted:

Isn't Supernorn an art guy? So yeah he's one of the people that's actually doing his job good, unlike Tiyuri and his terrible, terrible game design.

True. Supernorn's drat good at his art.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Supernorn is fine, but he also had an autistic fit over spaceman poo, which was the best feature of ss13.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rrussom posted:

Supernorn is fine, but he also had an autistic fit over spaceman poo, which was the best feature of ss13.

yeah well according to your red text you like women who turn into toilets so you're probably biased on the matter of poo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah well according to your red text you are nothing

get owned, nerd

Supernorn is okay his drive-by posting is kind of dumb but he doesn't seem to mind people making fun of him anymore which is nice

Magmarashi is also cool now that he's stopped popping in just to complain about people who complain about starbound

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this game would be good if they fired half the art team (tiy for example) and hired a single new programmer.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

this game would be good if they fired half the art team (tiy for example) and hired a single new programmer.

They need someone who's actually good at game design too, which a programmer isn't necessarily going to be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, what's wrong with the art team? poo poo, the way this game looks is one of its strong points.

It just needs to be fun, that's all.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

the music is also not bad

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

BillmasterCozb posted:

it would be good if they got the guy who did terraria, terraria was good

is there a terraria 2 yet

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Spiderdrake posted:

is there a terraria 2 yet

there will be but the only input the guy who made terraria had in it was hiring a company to make it for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't think that's actually terraria 2, just another terraria game. From what I heard it's got a different gameplay focus, it's more like a tower defense.

• Locked thread