Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

facebook jihad posted:

Personally, I don't see why metal Cooler is so poo poo upon. The animation is bad but kids rarely notice that stuff, and the Vegeta/Goku metal Cooler fight has some of the best fight choreography in the entire series.

I didn't like Return of Cooler because it never had a metal version of Cooler's rad final form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I didn't like Return of Cooler because it never had a metal version of Cooler's rad final form.

His final form was being a giant robot Death Star

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Namtab posted:

I have never cared about anything more than I care about what team four star thinks about the dragonball and dragonball z movies

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I'm playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the first time and christ is it a lot more complicated and difficult than I expected

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Farecoal posted:

I'm playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the first time and christ is it a lot more complicated and difficult than I expected

It's a bit of a clusterfuck. At least character unlocks aren't pretty much randomised like in Raging Blast 2.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Farecoal posted:

It's easier with a Wiimote.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Mordaedil posted:

It's easier with a Wiimote.

actually i'm getting the hang of it now, just charge up and repeatedly fire kamehamehas at your opponent, just like the show

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah sure you can be lazy and do that OR you can train and do some of the crazy maneuvers that also end with a Kamehama instead.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Or you can be SSJ4 Gogeta and mash the attack button as he has no animation delay on his combo's so you can punch people to the next dimension.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
SSJ4 Gogeta doesn't punch though. He and Vegito are too busy crossing theirs arms for that most of the time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
watching their Raging Blast II playthrough revealed a bit more about why VegetaNUMBERS wound up bring dropped from the team, As Taka, while drunk, mentions he only got the Bardock role because he guilt tripped Kaiser, and then it's added that also because Kaiser didn't like Vegeta's portrayal more. Leading to Taka drunkenly going (as Kaiser) "Eh, gently caress it, at least Taka's a decent voice actor."

Said video also features Taka in Nappa voice telling Vegeta about Fire Emblem: Awakening.

"So you make your best friend a grand daddy?"
"I'd do it to you buddy"
"Trunks no"
"No no, I'm talking about Bra"
"Bulla no!"
"She likes it bra, you know what I mean?"
"I'm going in Bra!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8i-Cr71nc at 11 minutes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

cool, drama

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They've talked about why Vegeta3986 left in the past

"Kaiser on his blog posted:

Let me lay it down.
Vegeta3986 is a good guy. He’s actually a smart dude, works hard, and I think he’ll do well in life.
He was, however, not very good at what I needed him to be good at. Primarily? Voice acting. Also, he was not available as much as I needed him.
So, after over a year of working with him and trying to work things out… I ultimately told him that we needed to move on. I didn’t want to disrespect him, but I put in 60-80 hours of my time into each episode. I need my actors to give me quality performances and not make my life and work harder.
I was sad to cut him off, but ultimately… it was the right decision for the production. He and I were barely friends at the time, so while it’s unfortunate, it had to happen.

So yeah. The show was moving on and pursuing a much higher standard of production value and Vegeta just wasn't good enough at voice acting to stay with the team.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Super spoiler:

well, so much for the majestic return of Ginyu

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

Super spoiler:

Beauty is always fleeting.

Enjoyable episode imo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah they kind of wasted him. They should have just let him survive. Though if they do a mass revival again at some point he is considered not evil enough to be exempt. I myself still would have had him survive Vegeta's attack.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I feel like Vegeta should really be more adamant about murdering Freeza himself

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

dr.acula posted:

I feel like Vegeta should really be more adamant about murdering Freeza himself

Much like the movie neither he or Goku really give much of a poo poo. They're over this whole thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After Majin Buu, I feel like it's hard to give a poo poo about just going out of your way to kill villains because no one's gonna compare to the gum man with weird rear end powers

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

If the Android saga originally aired now people in this thread would 100% be doing this.

Personally, I didn't complain about the overuse of SSJ until the Buu saga. :v:

However, I would be complaining incessantly throughout the android/Cell saga because those were really terrible.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I think you misspelled "best part of the series"

I really wish it was Cell that got the frieza treatment, GOAT villain.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Carlosologist posted:

Super spoiler:

Tagoma sure got a lot of build-up for him and his body basically only being filler.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's going to disappoint a lot of you when the "I should have kept training like my dad" leads exactly where you know it will.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i can't believe that they brought back a beloved villian only to kill him off pointlessly almost immediately...wait a second....

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Of course he was toast the second Goku and Vegeta showed up

Vegeta isn't going to miss out on completing his perfect set of Ginyu Force murders

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

captain ginyu finally reunited with the rest of his squad in hell

rest in peace brave soul

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why rest when there's posing to be done!

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

captain ginyu finally reunited with the rest of his squad in *HFIL*

rest in peace brave soul
He'd probably like it there

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He can forever make FIGHTINGU POÒOOOOOSEs with all the demons in HFIL

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You know, after watching this week's Super, I realized something about Gohan. Since they previously established that Zenkais are plot magic that make you exactly as strong as required, and we just saw Gohan get two of them during the RoF arc, they could use that to rehab him back to main event status. Assuming that A) they wanted to and B) Toriyama remembers that Zenkais exist.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If Toriyama remembered that Zenkais were a thing after Goku got Dende from Namek the Saiyans would have a spent the week beating the poo poo out of each other and healing and then smashed Cell into a bloody smear on the ground of the Cell Games.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think people forget that, even if Zenkai worked that way, it'd be really, really boring and unsatisfying to use them that way. They only really worked once since there wasn't a way for the Z-Fighters to train on Namek. If overused, it'd be really bad and boring.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I respect Toriyama for first and foremost trying to tell an exciting martial arts story with characters gaining strength in ways which make for good drama even if it ignores previously established plot points rather than having them powergame their training with stuff like constant Zenkais or spending their whole life in the Hyperbolic time chamber. He recognises plot devices should be in service of a good story rather than the other way round

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I respect Toriyama for first and foremost trying to tell an exciting martial arts story with characters gaining strength in ways which make for good drama even if it ignores previously established plot points rather than having them powergame their training with stuff like constant Zenkais or spending their whole life in the Hyperbolic time chamber. He recognises plot devices should be in service of a good story rather than the other way round

I think it's cool to have established rules in your world that are used and abused by the characters and Author in interesting ways like in HxH.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Never seen a character power up so hard they burn out before

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Squallege posted:

Never seen a character power up so hard they burn out before

well i mean technically that's what vegeta did when he self-destructed

not quite the same thing though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Let me tell you how well told I felt the story was told when Freeza pulled a 100% mode out of his butt or when Cell explains how he came back from self-destructing and that not only used a zenkai to push him back into Perfect Form but also give his perfect form a super saiyan boost. This is ignoring his core cell apparently wasn't blown out of his skull when Goku vaporized his entire upper half.

It truly was exciting to also have Cell die like five seconds later so there was no point to any of that.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 14, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Baal posted:

It truly was exciting to also have Cell die like five seconds later so there was no point to any of that.

5 seconds? the loving beam struggle lasted like 3 episodes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And what an exciting three episodes of standing in place pushing their hands forward it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Vegeta and Goku eating pizza while floating in a featureless void.

• Locked thread