Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I just assumed it was a slightly modified version of "bleeding out", but without the timer so you can better haul their asses to safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh yeah thanks this thread really needed an image of muton rape :thumbsup:

what the gently caress did i miss

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
nothing of any value

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Can't wait to see more weapon mods. So far we have:
Bigger clip size,
Higher accuracy,
5% to instakill, and
5% for misses to do minor damage.
Got any ideas for weapon mods?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

5% chance to stop posting

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Coolguye posted:

nothing of any value

I was morbidly curious and googled xcom 2 fanart.

I regret this now.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

The Iron Rose posted:

One of the random things I grabbed was a poorly edited and low quality picture of two mutons and inter-species relations. I deleted it.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

those 5% weapon upgrades seem more effective than i originally thought

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Did you think they would be like 4% effective or more like 2%?

Beagle
Dec 8, 2012

It's fine...

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

On troops that can shoot more than once a turn that poo poo will add up, fo sho.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I can already see great things from a pistoleer sniper with a 5% or better instant kill attachment on their revolver.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I can't get md at Junpei because he reminds me of how socially awkward I was at 14 :allears:

I mean, I'm still socially awkward but at least I hide it better now :D

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RandallODim posted:

I can already see great things from a pistoleer sniper with a 5% or better instant kill attachment on their revolver.

Or someone with a Bulletstorm equivalent attack with either the instakill or free action.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I never thought I'd see a kid on something awful because the idea of explaining to my own parents at fourteen that I wanted to pay ten bucks to post on a forum would net me nothing. Nothing but yet more disappointment.

look at me now mom I'm a forum poster guy!!

aeigiven
May 31, 2014
Was looking at some customization videos and stumbled onto this:

Clearly we need a mission to recover it. It'll counter Dark Event: Bradford catches a cold.

Or wait, maybe it's Shen's Last Gift!

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I have a very spoiled brother that my mom buys everything for. He is 14 or so. He once spent 300$ on ammo for a cell phone hunting game. I could totally see someone buying a forums account for their kid.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

aeigiven posted:

Clearly we need a mission to recover it. It'll counter Dark Event: Bradford catches a cold.

There better be a goddamn mod for this. Also let me give my soldiers a sweater.

Beagle
Dec 8, 2012

It's fine...

Jetamo posted:

There better be a goddamn mod for this. Also let me give my soldiers a sweater.

Sweaters already confirmed for Brawl.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Hey Beagle, are there any reprecussions for using grenades or rockets this time around or are we free to let the grenades fly without our resident headscientist bitching in our headpiece?

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Watching Beaglerush's previews. Its funny watching someone as excited as I am squeee the gently caress out over it. I want to play this so much aaaaaaaa

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Junpei posted:

Adding onto the discussion, who thinks that the Sharpshooter's pistol skill tree will end up better than the sniper rifle skill tree?
If Lightning Hands is any indicator, I think so.

Different utility. Lightning Hands is incredible for dealing with softer targets, like what I am assuming are early game NPCs that were in the gameplay demonstrations. Late(r) game you're probably going to be facing off with more heavily armored targets with loads of health. Having a Sniper focused Sharpshooter will probably start to be a lot more valuable, especially if there are headshot equivalents, letting you 'on demand' trigger crits to help get past damage thresholds. Even considering Shredded status, health pools look like they're going to be a lot deeper than vanilla XCOM, and closer to Long War, so the rifles just may be preferable after a point, where a lot of free but weaker reaction shots may not be as helpful. Particularly when we're talking about squat interaction, like mixing Concealment Rangers with Sharpshooter's squad sight, like Beagle mentioned.

Lightning Hands is incredibly good, though. Other skills on the tree look similarly powerful. It'll probably be a tough pick no matter what.

I am a bit disappointed by some of this, actually. As powerful as these skills are, it looks like they're leaning even further toward veterans being the "thing", which means losing squadies is probably going to be even more painful than XCOM 2012. I was originally hoping for something closer to original X-Com, where gear made a bit more of a difference than veteran, and especially early game the gameplay would be more about sending countless recruits through the meat grinder with numerous casualties almost every single mission. Now that I know they're going for the underground resistance/freedom fighter angle it certainly wouldn't make sense, so maybe just wishful thinking for a total conversion.

Thanks for mod support!

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

aeigiven posted:

Wait, that's supposed to be Bradford? Looks/sounded nothing like the original.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Orgophlax posted:

Wait, that's supposed to be Bradford? Looks/sounded nothing like the original.

It's been 20 years of hard living (and hard liquor I imagine). That can do things to a man's voice.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Slashrat posted:

It's been 20 years of hard living (and hard liquor I imagine). That can do things to a man's voice.

Yeah, remember that this is after 20 years of Bradford being a paranoid hobo with a shotgun living alone in a shack in Idaho.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
My hype is at 100% I am going to have a hard time waiting for February.
In the mean time have some XCOM gonna give it to yah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRJ7eCiWY7M

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Kinda disappointed that they changed Bradford's look and voice to be more generic military shootmans. There was something slightly, I don't know ... smarmy about Bradford's look and voice in the first game. Like, this is a man that has spent his life perfecting keeping bases stocked with sufficient bullets, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer into an art form.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Iron Twinkie posted:

Kinda disappointed that they changed Bradford's look and voice to be more generic military shootmans. There was something slightly, I don't know ... smarmy about Bradford's look and voice in the first game. Like, this is a man that has spent his life perfecting keeping bases stocked with sufficient bullets, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer into an art form.

That's why the new design works so well. He's spent the last 20 years trying to do exactly that as an insurgent. Two decades of watching all that order and design wither and deteriorate into a chaotic, informal "if it works" outfit that has no outside support, and must spend resources to get resources. All that while trying to be centcom coordinator and field commander. It's enough to brewak lesser men... in a sense, it did break "Bradford". He's no longer the same. All that remains of his former self is the undying hatred for Xeno scum.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Still think they nailed it, first Bradford looked like somebody who graduated top of his class at west point. Second Bradford looks like he took a shotgun and hid in Iowa for 20 years. Lots of paranoia and moonshine will do that to somebody.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

For a bit I even managed to forget that they're supposed to be the same dude. Not feeling the dark and gritty Central reboot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Tygon is like, the opposite of dark and gritty. I'd like new Bradford more if his beard was thicker though.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Tygon is like, the opposite of dark and gritty. I'd like new Bradford more if his beard was thicker though.

I wonder if Bradford had a bear friend named Ben.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

The Iron Rose posted:

Some random poo poo winterwerefox got off the first page of google image search for XCOM fan art.

Be a wiser man than I was and do nothing with this information.

Edit: Well, just saw that this came too late. I'm sorry.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Lol, i still have no idea why Shen insists on chopping all possible limbs off people that get told to be MECs when there is clearly ample room to just put your arms and legs into the mech. Fucker just likes it.
Anyway, RIP your poo poo Beagle, thanks for being the first volunteer again, i decided your wobbly parts were the perfect offering to the XCom2 gods.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dongattack posted:

Lol, i still have no idea why Shen insists on chopping all possible limbs off people that get told to be MECs when there is clearly ample room to just put your arms and legs into the mech. Fucker just likes it.
Anyway, RIP your poo poo Beagle, thanks for being the first volunteer again, i decided your wobbly parts were the perfect offering to the XCom2 gods.

Who would turn down becoming a rad cyborg with combat mech add-ons

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Ahundredbux posted:

Who would turn down becoming a rad cyborg with combat mech add-ons

i have considered this myself many times and the conclusion i reach every time is that i think your mastrubatory abilities deteriorate significantly and i cannot accept that

edit: while i'm shitposting anyway, how should i set up my satellite stuff to get the capacity to cover all the countries?

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 13, 2015

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Just get a nerve stimulator installed or something.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dongattack posted:

i have considered this myself many times and the conclusion i reach every time is that i think your mastrubatory abilities deteriorate significantly and i cannot accept that

edit: while i'm shitposting anyway, how should i set up my satellite stuff to get the capacity to cover all the countries?

Robot dong + robot hands

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dongattack posted:

on the other hand just think about the possibility of an integrated hitachi

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Zomborgon posted:

Just get a nerve stimulator installed or something.

Ahundredbux posted:

Robot dong + robot hands

The Iron Rose posted:

on the other hand just think about the possibility of an integrated hitachi

bruh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Okay, but what if instead, an integrated hibachi?

• Locked thread