Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
a pre-emptive gently caress you to Kasich for stealing alot of time away from candidates who are entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

a pre-emptive gently caress you to Kasich for stealing alot of time away from candidates who are entertaining.

Kasich and Fiorina are my least favorite by far and I am quite angry at CNN for making rules that keep them in.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Subvisual Haze posted:

Ready for more crazy Trump focus group footage from Frank Luntz?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-voters-are-loyal-to-donald-trump/

edit: When Luntz asks if it's Presidential to say "bomb the [bleep] out of ISIS" the crowd starts clapping and cheering. I love this poo poo.

Montasque posted:

Thank you! This is fantastic.

For real, this is required viewing. The people in this group are something else.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

I laugh at this post.

Every. Single. Time.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

why does pataki even show up

just go home and drink and remember the good old days when you could say 'i'm a republican' with a straight face

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Peel posted:

why does pataki even show up

just go home and drink and remember the good old days when you could say 'i'm a republican' with a straight face

free putchkiez at the little kids' debate table

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Patter Song posted:

Kasich and Fiorina are my least favorite by far and I am quite angry at CNN for making rules that keep them in.

How the hell did Fiorina get in the big debate?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Mitt Romney posted:

How the hell did Fiorina get in the big debate?

4.7% average in NH

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Where do you guys go to discuss politics?

I post most of the news I find here in my politics Facebook group, but I'm curious to know where you get your informati m.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Pillowpants posted:

I post most of the news I find here in my politics Facebook group, but I'm curious to know where you get your informati m.

Do you have any friends who are policy/poli sci/community organizer/whatever people? They seem pretty happy to talk about what's going on and to share what they know

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I usually angrily shout my anti Muslim views to my co workers at 7AM , seems to work well

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

Alternative: Go from least populated state to most populated state, to really kinda drum up the intensity as the race goes on. OR, go in ABC order, Alabama doesn't get enough love!

Go in the order the states entered the union. Confederate States count as 1865.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Esplanade posted:

Go in the order the states entered the union. Confederate States count as 1865.

The Tennessee First In the South Primary (due to its 1864 readmission) will become a big deal indeed.

EDIT: This would also produce the horror of the first primary being Delaware.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 13, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pillowpants posted:

Free Republic, /pol/, Breitbart comment sections, DailyKOS, DU.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Putting Jeb! next to Christie will be good for Jeb!, since he will look less blobby in comparison.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pillowpants posted:

An obscure relic of Internet past: the something awful forums.

But seriously it would be nice if I could find another community that is as relaxed as here, but not totally batshit or homogenous.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Montasque posted:

Are you getting professional help for your masochism

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Cactus posted:

I laugh at this post.

Every. Single. Time.

It's like the Karl Rove Ohio joke, it just never gets old.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

You poor man. Do you then go listen to your dominatrix talk politics?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Patter Song posted:

The safe word is Lieberman.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i read daily kos elections specifically not the rest of the site, and this, that's it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Trump calls Cruz "a little bit of a maniac"

Which, to Donald is a sin, because he's a full blown maniac.

Maniac.

on the floor.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Ibogaine posted:

Putting Jeb! next to Christie will be good for Jeb!, since he will look less blobby in comparison.

Even better, he's between Christie and Cruz

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if jeb had never gone on that stupid paleo diet he'd be a nice plump gop dough man and i think he'd at least have a 5% aggregate

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maniac.

on the floor.

i like how he is trying the push a centrist tone all of the sudden.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

e: Whoa, that didn't paste right. Maybe this will work better:

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 13, 2015

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Patter Song posted:

Maybe he likes it?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maniac.

on the floor.

"He's been so nice to me. I mean I could be saying anything and he'd say, I agree I agree," Trump said on CNN's State of the Union.

:getin:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Naked, Tied-Up Paul Ryan Tells Staff He Can’t Prepare For Debate Unless They Slap Him Harder

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
My completely baseless opinion is that Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin (and their particular callers) are the most influential individuals in steering opinion or gauging the current trends of the GOP base.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Do people listen to Mark Levin for reasons other than imagining that it's Master Shake saying those things

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Are you getting professional help for your masochism

I find the political fringes extremely fascinating and entertaining. For the most part it's just monkey noises and impotent rage, and I get a lot of schadenfreude from it.

Subvisual Haze posted:

My completely baseless opinion is that Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin (and their particular callers) are the most influential individuals in steering opinion or gauging the current trends of the GOP base.

They are. Rush has more listeners, but Levin sets the tone of the conservative movement. Rush is an entertainer first and foremost, thats why he has bigger numbers than Levin, but Levin's fanbase is far more engaged and scary.

I believe Levin is off until the new year, which means Ted Cruz will be sort of left exposed on that flank. Levin is Cruz's biggest fan on talk radio, and has been looking for an excuse to poo poo on Trump for months now.

Levin is also unlistenable, his show is just a long series of angry rants. So of course Ted Cruz fanboys love Levin.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 13, 2015

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

memy posted:

Do people listen to Mark Levin for reasons other than imagining that it's Master Shake saying those things

If I turn to the radio station and there's silence a moment I know it's going to be good because he's probably gasping for breath in between crazy Master Shake rants.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Patter Song posted:

Same I'm getting real loving tired of them.

Kasich has "I balanced the budget" (under a Democrat) and that's loving it, it gets boring hearing it for the 18th time in a row.

Fiorina should just gently caress off and die already for being partially responsible for a domestic terrorism incident.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Subvisual Haze posted:

If I turn to the radio station and there's silence a moment I know it's going to be good because he's probably gasping for breath in between crazy Master Shake rants.

ITS IN THE CONSTITUTION YOU DOPE!

GET OFF MY PHONE!

Another thing about Levin... His entire act is basically a rip off of Bob Grant. gently caress Mark Levin.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Montasque posted:

ITS IN THE CONSTITUTION YOU DOPE!

GET OFF MY PHONE!

Another thing about Levin... His entire act is basically a rip off of Bob Grant. gently caress Mark Levin.

He's at least entertaining in a petulant toddler way. I especially love his grade school insult nicknames like The Washington Compost and New York Slime. And then he'll give a baby's first history lesson to his very educated and informed audience.

People like Hannity though are awful and completely not entertaining.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Subvisual Haze posted:

He's at least entertaining in a petulant toddler way. I especially love his grade school insult nicknames like The Washington Compost and New York Slime. And then he'll give a baby's first history lesson to his very educated and informed audience.

People like Hannity though are awful and completely not entertaining.

I hate Hannity the most and this is the reason why. Everything about them is :smug: while Rush & Co sound like they are about to have strokes on air.

Beck is a special case where his :beck: is entertaining despite his attempted seriousness because it is so nonsense.

• Locked thread