Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No no no that's not how you lifehack.

rydiafan posted:

As a change of pace, this is actually super useful.
There. Now was that so hard?

<:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Drill the holes in OUR garbage can. No, come HERE.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Why two holes? And why in the side where it's noticeable, instead of the back that faces the wall where nobody can see it? Is it that they want people to see it and ask what's up, so they can smugly spout off about their lifehacking ways?

loving lifehackers purposefully doing poo poo wrong just to get a chance to brag about how superior they are at being dipshits.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The hell do they mean by suction issues? My bin bags come out with no problems.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Why two holes? And why in the side where it's noticeable, instead of the back that faces the wall where nobody can see it? Is it that they want people to see it and ask what's up, so they can smugly spout off about their lifehacking ways?

loving lifehackers purposefully doing poo poo wrong just to get a chance to brag about how superior they are at being dipshits.

YEAH gently caress THOSE PEOPLE WHO EXIST IN YOUR HEAD

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

BioEnchanted posted:

The hell do they mean by suction issues? My bin bags come out with no problems.

Not all garbage cans do this, I'm sure, but sometimes, usually with a really full bag, the bag will create a seal around the edge of the can, which means when you pull it out you're creating a weak vacuum on the bottom. Then you go to lift the bag out and the whole can comes up with it, then slowwwwllyy slides off as air seeps in. Good ol #psychics.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Not all garbage cans do this, I'm sure, but sometimes, usually with a really full bag, the bag will create a seal around the edge of the can, which means when you pull it out you're creating a weak vacuum on the bottom. Then you go to lift the bag out and the whole can comes up with it, then slowwwwllyy slides off as air seeps in. Good ol #psychics.

Regardless of telekinesis' effects, I've always been pretty sure this had more to do with static build up between the plastic and the rubber than it did air suction...

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Choco1980 posted:

Regardless of telekinesis' effects, I've always been pretty sure this had more to do with static build up between the plastic and the rubber than it did air suction...

I doubt the static electricity of a plastic bag is going to lift an entire garbage can.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yeah, this. As a nice side effect it also eliminates the occasional annoyance of air being trapped under a new empty bag, preventing it from fully expanding.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Alaois posted:

YEAH gently caress THOSE PEOPLE WHO EXIST IN YOUR HEAD

A response for every post. Thanks for the lifehack.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I found this TV show with all these great lifehacks. Check this out!
https://youtu.be/EoB3gdzwHuk

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
Apparently, Rubbermaid thinks suction is an issue.

http://www.rubbermaidcommercialproducts.com/c392/c63/c245/3540-60-slim-jim-venting-channels-pack-4-p1299.html

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

For a second I thought this was gigantic container for thousands of slim jims. A man can dream... :smith:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

For a second I thought this was gigantic container for thousands of slim jims. A man can dream... :smith:

It COULD be (Slim Jims (tm) not included). Never abandon your dreams, man! (And if you do achieve this one, post pix or it never happened.)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

Click here to make all your wildest dreams come true

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OctoberBlues posted:

There's a grocery outlet near my parents house that sell the Monster Slim Jims 4/$1 the flavors are always the weirdest one's like smokehouse chili and chipotle lime or something. I still pick up about $10 of random flavors when I'm home.

Lifehack: buy your groceries from a place where they are almost past the sell by date, they will be ~80% off.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

By my calculation, it would take about 2,000 slim jims to fill up that Slim Jim trash can. I could probably get the $732 needed to do that if I started a kickstarter and promised pictures.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The 5 Least Effective Life Hacks People Apparently Use.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Borden posted:

I found this TV show with all these great lifehacks. Check this out!
https://youtu.be/EoB3gdzwHuk

Red Green is great. I grew up with it. They have some fantastic bits

Hummer
Oil Change
Bathtub BBQ

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

I share the sentiment but, goddamn, cracked is poo poo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You need tiny stuff, it'll make you a hoarder, you need to buy stuff, it's about cleaning a bed, it's about folding stuff. There, I just saved you two completely pointless page loads

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I have to ration my page loads carefully in these days of limited internet.

*Mashes F5 on usercp for 8 hours*

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Non Serviam posted:

I share the sentiment but, goddamn, cracked is poo poo.

I don't think it's possible for someone to post a link to cracked on SA without someone smugly letting everyone know how terrible a site it is, regardless of the quality of the article in question.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's a site whose business model entirely revolves around clickbait, how can it not be poo poo? To put it a different way, what are the implied good articles that feature original reporting/writing that don't have better counterparts covering the same story elsewhere?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

why cant it go back to being a competent competitor for MAD magazine? I dont see MADonline trying to steal my identity and sell me boner pills and whatever else

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

I don't think it's possible for someone to post a link to cracked on SA without someone smugly letting everyone know how terrible a site it is, regardless of the quality of the article in question.

Agreed but that particular cracked article is indeed poo poo.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Choco1980 posted:

I read the article, I thought the author tried too hard to be funny. She also failed at it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

why cant it go back to being a competent competitor for MAD magazine? I dont see MADonline trying to steal my identity and sell me boner pills and whatever else

"back to"

The only thing that separated Cracked from Mad Magazine and buyers' remorse was the art of John Severin.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

(quote is not edit)

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Cracked is a step up from buzzfeed and sometimes clickbait is good for wasting time on the shitter. Not everything you read needs to be top notch following some elitist code, but if you want to make your best effort at it just don't read cracked articles walla #lifehack

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's a lifehack in the subtext here which is "life is so much easier when you just stop caring."

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

zedprime posted:

There's a lifehack in the subtext here which is "life is so much easier when you just stop caring."

The ultimate lifehack.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Cracked is a step up from buzzfeed and sometimes clickbait is good for wasting time on the shitter. Not everything you read needs to be top notch following some elitist code, but if you want to make your best effort at it just don't read cracked articles walla #lifehack

The best Cracked articles are the ones where they interview people to talk about their unique situation in life, like prostitutes and people with certain diseases. Evan Symon did a nice one where he interviewed a former Viet Cong guerrilla to explain the misconceptions common in American depictions of the Vietnam War.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

zedprime posted:

Why make your bed if it's just going to get messed up? Why bathe if you're just going to get dirty? Why live if you're just going to die?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

nexus6 posted:

Why make your bed if it's just going to get messed up? Why bathe if you're just going to get dirty? Why live if you're just going to die?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The difference is that Buzzfeed uses the clickbait to fund a surprisingly competent investigative journalism arm.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

nexus6 posted:

Making your bed actually makes sense to skip, since it's probably spending most of the day sitting there doing nothing in the first place. Unless there's some secret benefit like getting rid of germs or whatever that nobody has ever told me about, it feels about as useful as washing your car every time you get out.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

chitoryu12 posted:

Making your bed actually makes sense to skip, since it's probably spending most of the day sitting there doing nothing in the first place. Unless there's some secret benefit like getting rid of germs or whatever that nobody has ever told me about, it feels about as useful as washing your car every time you get out.

making your bed just traps the dirt and germs inside the sheets.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sometimes my mom makes my bed while I'm still in it and I'm stuck there all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Not making the bed has actually been found to be more sanitary than making it. Lifehack right there.