Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

and grats on the staff. Judging by guild chat over the past few days it wasn't exactly a fun experience and I happy for you that you don't have to do that garbage anymore.

I especially liked the ~10 minutes of sitting motionless at the crafting station right at the end to make all the Fulgurite and Crystalline ingots. Really felt like a legendary endgame experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I know it won't happen until another expansion, but it would be nice if there was a second elite spec, it's sorta limiting choices from 3 traitlines to 2 for almost every class since it's such a large amount of power except for a couple condition specs.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Speaking of a chill evening of getting cool new things

:dance: :toot: :sotw: :yaycloud: :buddy: :allears: :syoon:

The bird's name is Don because Don is awesome and helped me out immensely with making it. He told me not to mention it but I didn't listen. THANK YOU DON.

Grats on the birdstaff!

Shame about that hideous armor though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Grats on the birdstaff!

Shame about that hideous armor though.

Kerrzhe is a beautiful snowflake, fight me irl

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure they are quite the dapper folk, but that armor is hideous.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wrong af, zodiac armour owns bones

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Alteisen posted:

I'm sure they are quite the dapper folk, but that armor is hideous.

i'm sorry what was that

i can't hear you over how amazing i look

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i'm sorry what was that

where did you get a gif of me

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Nibelung valesti

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

where did you get a gif of me

one punch man, it's on hulu.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Investment talk:

You should be buying old Christmas skins. You can turn each skin into 1K karma come the next patch. 10K Karma is worth about 1.5G, meaning the current value of each skin will optimally be worth more than 10 silver each, when currently most are selling for around 3 silver.

EDIT: This turned out to be a bad idea. Don't do it.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 16, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Dorkopotamis posted:

Investment talk:

You should be buying old Christmas skins. You can turn each skin into 1K karma come the next patch. 10K Karma is worth about 1.5G, meaning the current value of each skin will optimally be worth more than 10 silver each, when currently most are selling for around 3 silver.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i'm sorry what was that

Sorry m8 you look like broiled rear end, the fact that every piece matches is your first mistake.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
What are the old christmas skins?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Sorry m8 you look like broiled rear end, the fact that every piece matches is your first mistake.

jesus christ what is your problem

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Kerrrrrrr posted:

jesus christ what is your problem

Probably the ugly zodiac armor.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

malhavok posted:

What are the old christmas skins?

The toy weapon skins.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Still no mage hat?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

Probably the ugly zodiac armor.

Oh no some random goon I've never heard of said my armor is ugly, better change my whole outfit immediately then go home and cry

boo hoo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh may gaston have mercy, bird goons sighted. Before I install which guild/server are we at?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I would very much enjoy a item that would melt down all the major and minor runes in my inventory and turn them into a single stackable item.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

We're on Maguuma, but server doesn't matter for anything aside from WvW (wvw is dead rip wvw). I'm in GOON and dreggon gaston's human servant is in both GOON & SFD. I think both guilds have room at the moment since the HoT hype train is also dead.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Oh may gaston have mercy, bird goons sighted. Before I install which guild/server are we at?

Server and guild info is in the OP.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
yup, I just didn't want to apply to one guild only to find the bird goons were in another or not even on the main server. I only got it today so I have a hell of a lot of reading stuff* to do and playing around with low level characters before I can play with others though.

*finding out which character is most like a wow warlock

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

learnincurve posted:

yup, I just didn't want to apply to one guild only to find the bird goons were in another or not even on the main server. I only got it today so I have a hell of a lot of reading stuff* to do and playing around with low level characters before I can play with others though.

*finding out which character is most like a wow warlock

Every class is most like a wow warlock! But especially Necromancers...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

learnincurve posted:

yup, I just didn't want to apply to one guild only to find the bird goons were in another or not even on the main server.

One of the neat things about GW2 is that you can join multiple guilds so that's not even something you have to worry about :buddy: Arkridge and Thyrork and I are in GOON, and Kenshin/Dreggon/Mizuti are in both GOON and SFD. There are probably some bird people in just-SFD too but since I am not in it I do not know about them??

e: oh and Sekkira plays but she's not in either goon guild, she's a rebel like that.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.twitch.tv/shinryuku_ku/v/29690932

Could any ele players tell me what happened here? Seems like they couldn't hurt each other.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Celestial Elementalist gets a fair bit of its damage from Burning, and they're both using Diamond Skin (immune to conditions while above 90% health). The passive healing effects they have are enough to keep them above the threshold, and they'd probably just need to hit water attune stuff to get back above if one bursted the other down anyway.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbCNotpW_yk

SFD guild hall right now.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

You're edgy now. Nice, that's a big improvement over this

I hope it's not temporary

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

central posted:

You're edgy now. Nice, that's a big improvement over this

I hope it's not temporary

And you're still the same sad, bitter fuckhead you've always been.

Guess some folks never change.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alteisen is a woman of many hats.
The problem is that every hat is a combination of screaming, crying and/or communing with the spirits of edgy 12 year-olds.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Alteisen posted:

And you're still the same sad, bitter fuckhead you've always been.

Guess some folks never change.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

One of the neat things about GW2 is that you can join multiple guilds so that's not even something you have to worry about :buddy: Arkridge and Thyrork and I are in GOON, and Kenshin/Dreggon/Mizuti are in both GOON and SFD. There are probably some bird people in just-SFD too but since I am not in it I do not know about them??

e: oh and Sekkira plays but she's not in either goon guild, she's a rebel like that.

in case you are wondering who arkridge is it is me. it is i? either way I'm on my way to hang out with an african grey in the early stages of ~*bird puberty*~

That does remind me incidentally; is it possible to get your account name changed? I've been thinking of trying to unify my e-persona a bit more across all the poo poo I've signed up for over the years.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This thread might be worse than HoT now.

Trebuchet King posted:

That does remind me incidentally; is it possible to get your account name changed? I've been thinking of trying to unify my e-persona a bit more across all the poo poo I've signed up for over the years.

Nope, support won't change your account display name (like mine is Arus.1492) unless it's your email or your real life name.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

This thread might be worse than HoT now.

Nope, support won't change your account display name (like mine is Arus.1492) unless it's your email or your real life name.

Your name fits because you are an egotistical explorer backed by hundreds of racist murders.

Well... racist dentists but it still fits.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Alteisen posted:

Can you please have another meltdown and leave forever this time?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/shinryuku_ku/v/29690932

Could any ele players tell me what happened here? Seems like they couldn't hurt each other.

Its like Dragon Ball Z, the players have to battle for a few weeks. They need time to smirk at each other and make quips about their power level. Then when they decide they are warmed up they incrementally add a little power so they don't use too much power to win. That would be bad form to go all out.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Bunker meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Personally I find nevermore to be a really stupid looking and bad legendary for idiot clown babies but at least it's better than twilight, sunrise, kudzu, bifrost, dreamer, minstrel, and meteorlogicus.

Yeah I'm off the chain, I fuckin DARE you all sheep to try and make me conform to your sheep standards from the sheepocratic sheepublic of sheepistan.

• Locked thread