Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Rat posted:

His last ex was 49 years younger than him and really hot, and I have no mojo whatsoever, so unfortunately I can't make that comparison.

:pedo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yeah it was awkward. She's a year and a half older than me.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

The Rat posted:

Yeah it was awkward. She's a year and a half older than me.

Did you call her mom?

Dude, your stepmom is cute.

Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?

Your stepmom IS cute though.

Remember when I asked her to the prom?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Oh no it was weirder than that. I came home from leave one winter and she was there, and even though dad had mentioned her in emails before, he never properly introduced us. She was awkward, and I'm awkward, and so the status quo for like six years was that we wouldn't talk to each other or make eye contact.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

does this go here

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/12/14/sgt-bowe-bergdahl-face-court-martial-desertion-charge/77300686/

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MrsAdiabatic posted:

The military is turbo double rainbow gay.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:getin:

You're hosed, boyo

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:getin:

You're hosed, boyo

gently caress him and his hippy parents

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Get my DD214 tomorrow. Holy poo poo. It's almost real.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

stevenolson88 posted:

Grats!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Mike-o posted:

tillicum is in keeping with the tradition of having trashy and ghetto as gently caress areas immediately outside every US Army base, hooah

do they still have those bomb rear end teriaki houses outside of the madigan gate at lewis?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

stevenolson88 posted:

:unsmith:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

do they still have those bomb rear end teriaki houses outside of the madigan gate at lewis?
I don't forsee Wok In Wok Out going out of business anytime in the near future. That place owned so hard.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Army set to Army the National Guard.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

LOL at increasing from 39 to 60-100 days of training a day. What are they going to do, two weekends a month? Goodbye retention and recruitment, I imagine. Two weekends a month and take the two weeks a year to four or six? I expect a lot of guardsmen to find it mysteriously hard to find employment, and unless you can find smoking gun evidence that poo poo is impossible to prove even if its illegal.

This is bullshit to try to get Congress to stop cutbacks of the active duty force.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Yes. I never ate there, and it's not the location or appearance that stops me, I just go to the Teriyaki places on post.

Also that 1 dollar chinese food place is still there, but that place scares me.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

From that article:

quote:

Milley said. "Right now, if I was to call on a Guard unit, you are looking at 120 days before in conscience I can look myself in the eye and say, ‘They are ready to go to war.'"

I am both confused and respectful of the fact that the #1 person to not fail in Milley's eyes is Milley himself.

Fun fact, one time on a FOB visit he asked me how many Talibros were in our little company's area of responsibility and I poo poo myself with having no words for "depends if you count ANP, ANA, what time of day it is, etc. etc."

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

The Slithery D posted:

Goodbye retention and recruitment, I imagine.

I imagine this is the point tbh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Lol at anyone ever expecting anything from the guard

I say this as a former guard

Just fuckin lol

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
All guardsmen are incompetent fucks.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Teflon Don posted:

All are incompetent fucks.

Let's give credit where it's due at least.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

McNally posted:

Guardsmen are a whole other level of stupid. How they are allowed to deploy to actual combat is beyond me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Obstacle2 posted:

Guardsmen are a whole other level of stupid. How they are allowed to deploy to actual combat is beyond me.

blame Bush

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The Guard deploying has been the norm for the entirety of the Army's existence with the exception of Vietnam mostly. But yeah, this sounds like a terrible idea for retention.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The Guard idiots that did route clearance in my unit's AO in Afghan couldn't even get our callsigns right, let alone do their job.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

The Guard idiots that did route clearance in my unit's AO in Afghan couldn't even get our callsigns right, let alone do their job.

I encountered a Guard (I think, but maybe Reserve) unit doing route clearance in Iraq with some joker calling himself "Sapper Eagle Red Two Four." :vince: I thought it could have used a couple more words personally.

This was after he shot a pin flare at our lead vehicle as we approached their too fast to be effective route clearance, two slow to wait behind convoy.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
All of my subordinates are in the national guard. All the people at or above my management level are active duty veterans. Active is the master race.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

All components of the army are full of idiots. It's just a matter of whether or not you choose to go full retard, or simply half rear end it until you're expected to go all the way.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

It feels good to finally say lol at anyone still in the military. After getting my DD214 I went out to dinner with friends still in, and they told me that their battalion commander said that their side burns were at a 200 pt score level, and if they wanted to get them to a 300 pt score level they would have to cut them above their ear lobe. Who knew that when you reached field grade level that you would be forced to get a lobotomy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

Let me know when that is.

The SFC I had assigned to my ammo group was a loving stocker at Lowes and the only reason he made that rank is he apparently stayed in long enough. This dude had no idea what to do with ammo let alone order it from AHA to FOB. I literally ran out of ways to scam him out of work. I gave up when I said that one of my favorite celebrities died so I was upset and couldn't mop the floor. You let me pull that poo poo and expect to respect you? Shiiiiit.

In other dumb news. Grats to the guy who got his paper. I just got told that the place of duty on Friday, a DONSA, is a unit Christmas party and will be released when Santa shows up.

Suck my dick through my rear end in a top hat.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Soulex posted:

I just got told that the place of duty on Friday, a DONSA, is a unit Christmas party and will be released when Santa shows up.
ahahahahahahaha

sorry, dude

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/12/mandatory-christmas-party-is-completely-voluntary-says-sergeant-major/

You could always contact the Military Religious Freedom Foundation and complain about your unit proselytizing Christianity with a Christmas party instead of a having a secular holiday party. I'm sure that it will work out perfectly.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The Slithery D posted:

I encountered a Guard (I think, but maybe Reserve) unit doing route clearance in Iraq with some joker calling himself "Sapper Eagle Red Two Four." :vince: I thought it could have used a couple more words personally.

This was after he shot a pin flare at our lead vehicle as we approached their too fast to be effective route clearance, two slow to wait behind convoy.

This is what happens when you give an E2 the radio, I mean it totally makes sense but it's completely retarded, assuming it's like brigade special troops battalion echo company red platoon second squad's rifleman :v:

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
He said he was the platoon sergeant.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
:dogbutton:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

I just got told that the place of duty on Friday, a DONSA, is a unit Christmas party and will be released when Santa shows up.

Dude if I remember right, you're a 46R like me, where the gently caress are you that you get hosed like this? Even at the The Old Guard as a 46R it wasn't quite that stupid.

Now AFN... AFN is where it's at.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The Slithery D posted:

He said he was the platoon sergeant.

lmao that's a bunch of spergy nonsensical bullshit then

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

thetechnoloser posted:

Dude if I remember right, you're a 46R like me, where the gently caress are you that you get hosed like this? Even at the The Old Guard as a 46R it wasn't quite that stupid.

Now AFN... AFN is where it's at.

JBLM.

And AFN was a three year nightmare for me. I never worked so hard in my goddamn life.

My unit reminds us that it's he "easiest unit you'll ever be in" then does stuff to make it harder.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014
I don't see where this "extra chili rainbow" time is going to come. Guard is not under the Army but the state from which it comes from, state pays everything not army. Lol @ that Sgt that didn't know how to order or "get rid of at the range"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

The Slithery D posted:

when your callsign sounds like something Andrew Luck would say before snapping the ball, you've gone full retard.

• Locked thread