Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Josef bugman posted:

I wonder if Incubus still looks halfway as pretty as he does in some of the other pictures we have seen of him? I know Mottom sure as hell doesn't, but whose to say that he may have retained his good looks.

Also whose betting that every time we see one of his "consorts" it'll be a different one each time.

Yeah I'm guessing that Solomon David is the only one who has retained his form.

I hope he doesn't ever have any underlings or other forms or anything. He's just a smug guy with the biggest crown sitting in the tallest chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, I forget his exact words but he pretty much said he'll play along to see what White Chain's end game was.

I found the page: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-3-37/

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Begemot posted:

I hope he doesn't ever have any underlings or other forms or anything. He's just a smug guy with the biggest crown sitting in the tallest chair.

plot twist - he cant actually move from that pose. his smugness has ossified him into a permanently smirking guy in a big chair.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
One of the reworked early pages seems to show that Incubus looks about the same as he did back in the day.
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/844/

I think he'll end up being a love-to-hate-him Joffrey Baratheon rear end in a top hat, possibly an evolution of the sleazy David Bowie guy from the last pages of the forum adventure.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

plot twist - he cant actually move from that pose. his smugness has ossified him into a permanently smirking guy in a big chair.

That would be amusing, and make my repeated descriptions of him as "statuesque" take on new meaning.

Begemot posted:

Well, Gog-Agog's a pile of worms, so, apart from the shape-shifting thing she's probably not changed too much either.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay so we have the following cast of not gods:

Jagganoth- Wrath and strongest of the 7
Solomon David- Pride, Most normally named and smug of the 7
Jadis- Sloth and the prophetic one
Mammon- Greed, dragon one and one with the least amount of screen time.
Gog-Agog - Jealousy, worm faced one and batshit.
Mottom- Gluttony and the one that Alison is on the way to stab.
Incubus- Lust and David Bowie rear end hole.

That's the full list, add to that we have the Devils and the 2 different types of Angels alongside all of the mercenaries planning to kill Alison for the key.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
New page, with some nice cosmological exposition, this time.

I wonder what is meant by distance being nothing. Does space-time not work the same way in the void?
Great art, as always.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cio's smugsome expositionary face sells it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder how... did the gate we saw in Throne lead to the Void, rather than one of the worlds? Do people normally have to go through the void to move from Throne to a Universe? Allison's zapped directly from Earth to Throne and back again without landing voidwise before.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

MikeJF posted:

I wonder how... did the gate we saw in Throne lead to the Void, rather than one of the worlds? Do people normally have to go through the void to move from Throne to a Universe? Allison's zapped directly from Earth to Throne and back again without landing voidwise before.

Didn't she pass through the void each time though? The first time with the splitting skeleton and bird scene, and on the way back with her name-dropping meeting with Voss.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Interesting tidbit, in the top right beneath the row of gods we can see 6 unbound demons. They're pretty freaky! :cthulhu:

I don't know if there's any significance to the balance of races being a bit off: 6 demons, 6 humans, 7 angels, 5 servants. It's probably nothing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I really wanna know more about the Servants, every piece of cosmology has detailed the deal with angels, demons, and humans pretty well, who all have their own domains and rules and history and social role, and then the story goes 'oh yeah and there's those guys too'

maybe they're just the creation-myth middle child

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 16, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I would like to know the deal with those book head guys

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

Unbeatable by spear or sword but living in eternal fear of the highlighter

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renaissance Robot posted:

They're probably some sort of servant. Only other option is a really strange angel, which... Actually is possible. They've got the eye motif going on, and their bodies seem like they could be false shells for them to animate rather than a real part of their forms. Though "Ingsvld" isn't a particularly angelic name, so it's probably the former.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
My other guess would have been "a human sorcerer whose knowledge of the occult has surpassed the ability of a mortal mind to contain; therefore, they have replaced their head with a book"

I mean if gunwitches are a thing who knows what else humans from other universes can do.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Given that INGSVLD's body/soul is white(ish) in the void, he's definitely a Servant. Given the way Cio is toting around the head of one of his kin, and that servants were all built with a single purpose in mind, I've always imagined that they're basically self-writing books, and as they wander around accumulating knowledge it ends up written on their pages so that anyone can read it (well, once you've beheaded them, at least).

Probably the original idea was you have a bunch of them, and when you want to read one you call them over, take off their head, and put it back on when you're done, all very convenient. Of course, when you're whatever random person in modern Throne and don't command the unwavering loyalty of a Book, you're more likely to rip the head off by force and just keep it with you forever.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if you could make some kind of horrible Cronenberg living car to drive around the void. I bet some kind of gross terrible wizard has done that.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Imagine, if you will, how amazing a Gunwitch Allison would be.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if you could make some kind of horrible Cronenberg living car to drive around the void. I bet some kind of gross terrible wizard has done that.

That's basically what Juggernaut Star did.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wiegieman posted:

That's basically what Juggernaut Star did.

Oh yeah. I guess his bike is basically a Cronencycle, Angel Edition.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

theshim posted:

Imagine, if you will, how amazing a Gunwitch Allison would be.

pulls the trigger, gets startled by the gunshot, goes "gently caress!" and drops the gun

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Gun hits ground, fires itself again killing the guy that was about to stab her in the back

Furious dumbass etc etc

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Don't forget the bus that White Chain and Allison took to Hell 71 was just a giant reanimated corpse.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a flintlock spins across the floor, somehow firing on full automatic like an uzi, despite being by all appearances a single-shot weapon, killing a whole room full of bad guys.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Okay so just binged on this. Man I love it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The Mentalizer posted:

Don't forget the bus that White Chain and Allison took to Hell 71 was just a giant reanimated corpse.

I wonder about the big flying ship we saw gating out in Throne.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Affi posted:

Okay so just binged on this. Man I love it.

The webcomics thread said it best.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Captain Bravo posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons is so loving good, you guys.
It bears repeating occasionally because there are still people who don't know that Kill Six Billion Demons is so loving good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I feel like running the new version of the official RPG in Trad Games.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

SunAndSpring posted:

I would be all over that.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Cryophage posted:

I would be all over that.

It looks amazing, yeah

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

SunAndSpring posted:

Do it. Do it do it doitdoitdoitdoitdoitDO IT.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Is that Aesma at the far right?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Is that Aesma at the far right?

Yep. The alt text says their names. Un-Hansa is th guy with the beard, his daughter Prim is the one with white hair next to Aesma, Yis and Un are in the middle, and I think the rest of them are new.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Christmas posted:

Yep. The alt text says their names. Un-Hansa is th guy with the beard, his daughter Prim is the one with white hair next to Aesma, Yis and Un are in the middle, and I think the rest of them are new.

Het was featured in some fiction too, and Un-Sivran is a familiar name I can't exactly place. I think Un-Janta is new though.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 18, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

She is going to be so incredibly hung over.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Here Cio realizes she may have hitched her wagon to the wrong horse.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like pity and worry. It's nice having a little humanizing moment and a show of concern.

Because that's the second-bluest drunkface I've ever seen.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Because that's the second-bluest drunkface I've ever seen.

day late and a dollar short probably, but next time put them on their side so they dont asphyxiate on vomit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

day late and a dollar short probably, but next time put them on their side so they dont asphyxiate on vomit

Don't worry, my sister's fine.