Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Gonna give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she didn't know just how bad they were.

open24hours posted:

You know the US has its own network of migrant detention centres, right?

Yeah, my phrasing was a bit off. I meant comparing/contrasting US/Aus racism. I'm not trying to minimize how garbage the US is about immigrants/race in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Zenithe posted:

Let us all take in this beautiful piece of writing by Blair Cottrell, renowned Australian Hitler enthusiast and convicted arsonist.

Did the writer completely forget about the existence of Hermione?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Serious question. With MYEFO coming out tomorrow is a budget bottom line the same as a visible panty line?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Cross posting from USPol because

President Trump is going to be a drat nightmare

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Amethyst posted:

President Trump is going to be a drat nightmare

I know a bunch of people who have said they'll move to Canada if Trump wins. lol that they think that Canada's gonna let them in.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
^^ don't worry, we're also a target country for economic refugees who want to leave America because they think it will go to hell in a handbasket every US election and are used to seeing it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Birb Katter posted:

^^ don't worry, we're also a target country for economic refugees who want to leave America because they think it will go to hell in a handbasket every US election and are used to seeing it.

jesus loving christ

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

How the gently caress does this poo poo fly in a National newspaper in the year 2015? :psyduck:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its australia.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SynthOrange posted:

Its australia.

Hey, that's not entirely fair. poo poo like that sees print in the US all the time.

Basically the entire Anglosphere is a bunch of garbage racists.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bill Leak is a huge racist who always cartoons minorities with massive lips and unattractive features. His cartoons drawn about the intervention during the Howard years are flat out hate crime levels of racism.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Birb Katter posted:

Thanks for the random racist cartoon

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Freudian Slip posted:

How the gently caress does this poo poo fly in a National newspaper in the year 2015? :psyduck:

Oh that was published in a newspaper? Goddamn.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
It's like Trump was given a paint set as an early xmas present.

Amethyst posted:

Thanks for the random racist cartoon

I don't think Bill Leak, cartoonist at The Australian qualifies as random.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Cross posting from USPol because

Imagine the poll bounce when Trump starts throwing a bit more money at advertising.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Jeb Bush getting destroyed is cool, at least

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

gay picnic defence posted:

Imagine the poll bounce when Trump starts throwing a bit more money at advertising.

Trump won't spend money on advertising, he'll just keep saying crazy poo poo and get it for free. It depends on what polls you look at too, DMR who seem to be a bit more responsible / reliable in how they poll has Cruz way ahead of Trump.

DMR posted:

The Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll, out late on Saturday, shows the conservative Cruz with 31 per cent support, 10 points ahead of bombastic billionaire Donald Trump, who has 21 per cent.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also, the Republican Caucus in Iowa is pretty much meaningless. Rick loving Santorum won it in 2012.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
This is a good way to view Leak's work.

gay picnic defence posted:

He doesn't need to.

The far more interesting and concerning thing is that he's actually spending money on a ground game; if he was just doing this as a book selling / trolling he wouldn't need to bother with that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Taxpayers shell out $1,700 for three beanbags for Julie Bishop's creativity initiative Beanbags were purchased for $590 each to outfit innovationXchange, described by Bishop’s as a ‘gorgeous little funky, hipster, Googly, Facebooky-type place’

labah waaaaste

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

killl the leftards @thereABC posted:

Treasurer Scott Morrison expected to 'take out the trash' in MYEFO budget update

Tomorrow's mid-year fiscal update will be the new Treasurer's chance to "take out the trash" of his predecessor, a leading budget watcher has said.

The Federal Government's Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook (MYEFO) is shaping up as an opportunity for Scott Morrison to dump some of his predecessor Joe Hockey's failed savings measures.

"What I expect the Treasurer to do in MYEFO is essentially to take out the trash," predicted Stephen Anthony, chief economist at Industry Super Australia and a former Treasury official.

"To discard some of the controversial saving options that have been blocked in the Senate to do with higher education and family and other budget savings, and to look to reboot the savings process around areas that are more measured, more balanced and sharing the load of adjustments across the community."

Mr Anthony said this MYEFO was likely to be as much a political document as a financial one.

"The whole idea is to do this now to essentially set the reset button to help rebuild political capital, particularly with the cross benchers, and to establish a sort of a reasonable framework around which significant tax reform can be part," he said.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Good to hear that he's resigning.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This is a good way to view Leak's work.

He doesn't need to.

The far more interesting and concerning thing is that he's actually spending money on a ground game; if he was just doing this as a book selling / trolling he wouldn't need to bother with that.

lol those dark eyes

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
i'm glad the thread delivers whenever the enormity of our racism is question.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

i'm glad the thread delivers whenever the enormity of our racism is question.

:australia:

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

"hmm, i know we have some racist elements but is it really fair to classify our entire country as racist?"

"Oh, hold on then" *backs up semi trailer full of racism, unloads onto forum*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
It actually gives me a lot of hope, seeing this assholes whining about how oppressed they are. The racism may be getting stronger in small parts, but the antiracist community in Australia is growing fast and every time we outprotest these idiots we make a statement that they're shithouse views aren't acceptable here and we won't take their poo poo.

No closed mouths, only closed fists.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Man the UPF page on Facebook is a barrel o' laffs, somewhere between :stonklol: and :laffo: because they are taking their ideology seriously

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

hooman posted:

It actually gives me a lot of hope, seeing this assholes whining about how oppressed they are. The racism may be getting stronger in small parts, but the antiracist community in Australia is growing fast and every time we outprotest these idiots we make a statement that they're shithouse views aren't acceptable here and we won't take their poo poo.

No closed mouths, only closed fists.

It can only get better too as rural australia is gradually gutted further due to waning economic opportunities in those regions. :smug:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

As if putting them up wasn't bad enough, now they're profiting from it.

quote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-14/minions-themed-bus-wins-sydney%27s-annual-christmas-decoration/7026126
"It's fantastic to see drivers going the extra mile by dressing up as Santa Claus or his helpers, to bring a smile to the faces of commuters and tourists," State Transit chief executive Peter Rowley said.

"Our customers love the initiative and the efforts of staff, with compliments flooding in."
Disgusting.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 14, 2015

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
we should have themed buses year-round imo

"Stoke your revolutionary fervour on the new M52 Parramatta - City bedecked in anti-capitalist propaganda. All aboard the Smash the State Express"

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

They should take the seats out for lent.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

Let us all take in this beautiful piece of writing by Blair Cottrell, renowned Australian Hitler enthusiast and convicted arsonist.

That's a little long. Maybe he could condense it a little? Say, to fourteen words.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Nobody mentioned the best part of that SMH article:

quote:

Others saw it differently. "What we are here for is to commemorate those riots which came out of Islamic thuggery," said a 17-year-old Toby, who had travelled from West Ryde. "If today does end like that though, they're going to need bullets to stop us."

Fingers crossed young Toby...

Also Toby was 7 and was well informed about the thuggery in Cronulla.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Birdstrike posted:

we should have themed buses year-round imo

"Stoke your revolutionary fervour on the new M52 Parramatta - City bedecked in anti-capitalist propaganda. All aboard the Smash the State Express"

I think the bus I took home from uni was themed all-year-round after privatisation.

It was never on time, always overcrowded, the seats were terrible and the ticket prices were always pointlessly expensive.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's a little long. Maybe he could condense it a little? Say, to fourteen words.

I think it makes perfect sense for a terrible racist to support a Grand Wizard.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I think the bus I took home from uni was themed all-year-round after privatisation.

It was never on time, always overcrowded, the seats were terrible and the ticket prices were always pointlessly expensive.

So it was Brisbane themed?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

I think it makes perfect sense for a terrible racist to support a Grand Wizard Magical Hitler.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Greg Hunt, which is surprisingly not rhyming slang for "oval office".

He literally wrote a thesis on the implementation of an emissions trading scheme, so some people considered it a bit hypocritical that he was the environment minister for a government that tore down the ETS.

It's not easy being green

• Locked thread