Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

The Lone Badger posted:

Anyone know why sometimes everything in a settlement will spontaneously break? No attacks or anything, just absolutely everything is ruined.

Is there any kind of 'repairall' command, or am I going to have to spend the resources to repair everything?

I asked this same thing before and the consensus is that it's just really easy to miss the vanilla attack notifications. There is a mod to improve them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

They better make a deep-sea diving DLC.

There's such a big expanse of water and power armor basically being a diving suit with Aqua Boy is already cool, just give me some special "Usable underwater" weapons and crazy stuff to see.

The only way I am taking one of my power armors underwater is if I can attach a mod that allows me to jump/ascend while underwater. Ballast tanks or thrusters or something.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Mr Hootington posted:

Both ingame already.

I meant it more as a metaphor than literally.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
do you drown in power armor if you don't wear a helmet?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Yardbomb posted:

They better make a deep-sea diving DLC.

There's such a big expanse of water and power armor basically being a diving suit with Aqua Boy is already cool, just give me some special "Usable underwater" weapons and crazy stuff to see.
They can't because too many people would immediately just call it a Bioshock ripoff.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Really doubt they would give a poo poo about that

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

coyo7e posted:

They can't because too many people would immediately just call it a Bioshock ripoff.

Fine, then set it on a space station run by a psychotic AI.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

If the BoS can build the Prydwen in two years an entire city floating in the clouds isn't that much of a stretch.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its funny, the ocean in this game is actually full of sea weed and debris you can see if you glitch out the camera. There's a lot of detail down there. You just can't see any of it normally because the water is so drat murky. Its kind of infuriating.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Fine, then set it on a space station run by a psychotic AI.

uh, space station 13 much??

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Its funny, the ocean in this game is actually full of sea weed and debris you can see if you glitch out the camera. There's a lot of detail down there. You just can't see any of it normally because the water is so drat murky. Its kind of infuriating.

Is there any mod or console command I can do to fix that poo poo by the way?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

uh, space station 13 much??

Gamebryo and BYOND, the two shittiest engines, together at last.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Bethesda.jpg

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

frajaq posted:

I really took a liking to Danse when he did NOT whine about me picking crafting junk when I used him, he says something like "Good idea, that could be useful!" or something

Danse is pretty cool. In my playthrough I basically ignored him after his initial recruitment quest, then was pleasantly surprised when I finally got around to flying up to the Prydwin with him. That entire conversation flows really naturally, first with him simply introducing you to the mounted minigun, but then seguing into a warning about not accidentally shooting at any civilians. From there it flows into how the Brotherhood has a bad rep but is genuinely there to protect people, and how he has commited himself to that task, and how peaceful ad calming the world all looks from above.

Nothing special is really said, but it sheds a lot of light on his character (as well as showcases the more sympathetic side of the Brotherhood) and it's just a cool, quiet, introspective little moment.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

frajaq posted:

Is there any mod or console command I can do to fix that poo poo by the way?

If you disable Depth of Field using that configurator thingy, it removes the murk filter underwater.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Seashell Salesman posted:

I asked this same thing before and the consensus is that it's just really easy to miss the vanilla attack notifications. There is a mod to improve them.

Would've liked to see them make it past the Castle defences. There's a shitton there.
I'm going to just blame the Vault-Tech rep. I had just sent him there minutes before. He has a bad track record with places blowing up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Toadsmash posted:

Bethesda.jpg

I see you too have roof Brahmin.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

The Lone Badger posted:

Would've liked to see them make it past the Castle defences. There's a shitton there.
I'm going to just blame the Vault-Tech rep. I had just sent him there minutes before. He has a bad track record with places blowing up.

Not sure if joking, but your actual defenses don't matter in an unattended raid. Possibly your defense value is used to determine how much damage is done, but in my experience between 0 and 100% of your poo poo will get broken entirely at random.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I just found the Tremors quest.

Fallout 4 is the best fallout.

uh, what? Where?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I'm quite convinced that Scrounger is broken and just gives way too much .50 ammo. At rank 1, on a new character, I'm getting more .50 than shotgun shells, .308, fusion cells. Ridiculous.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Odobenidae posted:

If the BoS can build the Prydwen in two years an entire city floating in the clouds isn't that much of a stretch.

Actually, it's built in eight. Four years to get the mats, then four more to build them. Spoilered because there's a spoiler on the page.

I'm quite convinced that Scrounger is broken and just gives way too much .50 ammo. At rank 1, on a new character, I'm getting more .50 than shotgun shells, .308, fusion cells. Ridiculous.

Oh good, I'm not misremembering things then.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Magmarashi posted:

uh, what? Where?

The Salem Mirelurk quest.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Toadsmash posted:

Bethesda.jpg

I constantly have brahmin stuck in the fast travel house in Sanctuary. IN the house. Mooing.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'd like to know how they came up with the list of settlement locations. A couple- like the drive-in, the co-op, and the boat tours locations make sense. They're large, kind of interesting locations that almost make sense as a place to set up a settlement- and feel like the map was detailed in such a way that building there wouldn't be too frustrating. But then you have a ton of places that are basically the size of a matchbox, usually centered around a half-destroyed, half-inaccessible building with no interesting features or reasons anyone would want to live there. Why would you set up a settlement in an alleyway when it's about 1 block from a raider-super mutant warzone and another 2 blocks from the safest settlement in the Commonwealth? Why is a swampy puddle in the middle on nowhere a key spot the Preston thinks is a place people would defend with their lives?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
At what point do the attacks on your settlements being? I've got all these guns pointed at stuff but nothing for them to shoot at yet - do they have to reach a certain size, or is it after a certain point in the story?

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011
ignore.

willjbish fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 14, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Toadsmash posted:

Bethesda.jpg

[O Brother, Where Art Thou joke here]

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Do different companions have different carry weights? Can they carry more if they wear power armor?

Basically, which companion do I want to enable my insatiable lust for useless garbage.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Something relating to Zimmer's disappearance or the previous Institute director or both. Or maybe they will keep this one for later.

Zimmer died in FO3.

As for DLC I could see Beth doing something about Kellogg being inside Nick's head.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

McKilligan posted:

At what point do the attacks on your settlements being? I've got all these guns pointed at stuff but nothing for them to shoot at yet - do they have to reach a certain size, or is it after a certain point in the story?

If they are under-defended they are attacked more frequently.
Protip: use a switch to turn off all your guns, then fast-travel home when attacked and turn them on

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

How do I get the various pacify/incite/command perks to work reliably? I started a new character with max charisma and took them all, don't seem to be able to get any to work. Is the issue that I need to get over like level 30 before most of the mobs are lower level than me?

Even when an enemy is lower level than you pacify still only has about a 40% chance of working. If you're on PC you should just get a mod to increase the odds like I did.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Backhand posted:

as well as showcases the more sympathetic side of the Brotherhood

Which is kind of shat down the toilet once you figure out that they want to murder everyone in the Railroad just because they're helping nice and cool synths like Nick Valentine.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Buckets posted:

Even when an enemy is lower level than you pacify still only has about a 40% chance of working. If you're on PC you should just get a mod to increase the odds like I did.

Is it actually worth trying to base a playthrough on it? My very limited experimentation with it left me unimpressed.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Evilreaver posted:

If they are under-defended they are attacked more frequently.
Protip: use a switch to turn off all your guns, then fast-travel home when attacked and turn them on

Alright, I'll give that a shot. I've got a couple machinegun turrets guarding the bridge into the sanctuary, we'll see if turning those off tempts some of the local hoodlums.

(Also I gave all my guards missile launchers)

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Is it actually worth trying to base a playthrough on it? My very limited experimentation with it left me unimpressed.

I wouldn't, unless you really like save scumming, because even when it works the second you get a little away from the target they go right back to hostile making the whole thing pointless.

Again, you could use mods to make the chance of success really high, there's another that makes it permanent so you don't have to worry about walking away but I don't know if the two work well together.

This mod is kind of interesting because it makes it more of a stealth based perk.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toadsmash posted:

Bethesda.jpg

Well, at least it isn't head pigeons

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Buckets posted:

I wouldn't, unless you really like save scumming, because even when it works the second you get a little away from the target they go right back to hostile making the whole thing pointless.

Again, you could use mods to make the chance of success really high, there's another that makes it permanent so you don't have to worry about walking away but I don't know if the two work well together.

This mod is kind of interesting because it makes it more of a stealth based perk.

That looks pretty good actually. A lot more in line with what I was expecting from the Intimidation perk. But yeah I think it's just not worth the SPECIAL investment plus the randomness is powerfully unfun.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

You know what, gently caress it, I'm inspired enough to do a legit run of FO4 now. Maybe with a new character instead of the one I had beforehand.

What mods besides Craftable Ammo, Armorsmith Expanded, Immersive Expressions, Gorilla Goes Woof, and Workshop Planters would be considered baseline?

Also since I did the Institute's endgame, should I bother with any other end?

Alabaster White posted:

I think the Brotherhood ending is next in terms of 'least worst'.

It's a shame I wasted my Aryan Nora on the first ending, though.

Plus- at least for me- the jump from Institute to Brotherhood is like "Best Hope of Commonwealth" to "What The gently caress Are You Doing To The Commonwealth".

widespread fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 14, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

widespread posted:

You know what, gently caress it, I'm inspired enough to do a legit run of FO4 now. Maybe with a new character instead of the one I had beforehand.

What mods besides Craftable Ammo, Armorsmith Expanded, Immersive Expressions, Gorilla Goes Woof, and Workshop Planters would be considered baseline?

Also since I did the Institute's endgame, should I bother with any other end?

I think the Brotherhood ending is next in terms of 'least worst'.

e: to clarify, all the non-Institute endings are pretty bad, but the BoS ending is actually vaguely exciting and sort of in character, with the Minutemen being next just cause they're too bland to be offensive, and the Railroad ending dead last, being some of the worst writing in Bethesda history.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

e: to clarify, all the non-Institute endings are pretty bad, but the BoS ending is actually vaguely exciting and sort of in character, with the Minutemen being next just cause they're too bland to be offensive, and the Railroad ending dead last, being some of the worst writing in Bethesda history.

Oh, I was gonna say "You're seriously putting the Brotherhood over the Institute?". But it's good that at least some people agree that becoming the new Institute Director is a very good idea.

• Locked thread