Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
And EN's got the icons for idolized/max leveled/max bonded. That alone makes it an amazing update worth the wait. Though it seems to have killed my sound effects and voices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Can't wait for the EN melody festival. I was playing the JP melody festival and got a green ticket then I got this.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
"Added full screen compatibility," however, is not as neat as it seems.

Rather than the black bars on the sides, they've extended the background to the edge of the screen! Just the background. So now I can watch notes I didn't tap float past the fake edge of the screen and off to the real one! I mean, that's understandable, since they can't fabricate extra space for the targets not on the sides. What I don't get is why the rest of the UI also is still constrained like that. Now there's just extra blank background around everything and stuff that was anchored in a corner (like the back button) is sorta floating out in the middle of nowhere.

Tragic.

Also, they put in old event stories, but only to the point you unlocked, it seems. I assume there's more than two stories for this Rin one I apparently didn't read, at the least.

The icons and the scrollbar are pretty welcome, though. Not least because now I don't need to go near the album. Scrolling through 700 icons 18 at a time is just unpleasant.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

squidflakes posted:

Any idea what's going to happen to LL:SIF after they stop touring and such? Have there been any announcements on the JP side about an End of Life date?

No news on any of this. For what it's worth, the game hasn't even gotten through all the songs from 2014 let alone the movie or the new sub-unit songs coming out right now.

EDIT: The most reasonable speculation I've read on Reddit is they will at least get through one more cycle of UR pairings as well as the 9 promo URs that were voted on in fall. Which is apparently, at the earliest, in July.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 7, 2015

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Second hand information says that they've announced new URs until at least September. I'd like them to start folding Aquors cards into the game soon, but I'm betting that there'll be a new game in spite of the songs from the single getting added to SIF.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'd expect promo cards for Aquors at most, leading into a new game at some point. Only a total redesign of SIF would make it suitable as a marketing vehicle for Aquors first and μ's second.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm sure that eventually I'll stop pronouncing "Aquors" the way it looks. Probably after an anime adaptation.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aquors? Of course!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It screws me up that it's spelled 'Aqours'. I keep wanting to transpose the o and u.

Tried out MedFes and it feels faster-paced than Live Groove Vocal Burst since it doesn't pause in between each song. I think I'm okay with this for now because LGVB just felt like it dragged on.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Tried out MedFes and it feels faster-paced than Live Groove Vocal Burst since it doesn't pause in between each song. I think I'm okay with this for now because LGVB just felt like it dragged on.

You have to play all the songs in a row? I'm not sure that's a plus if the full sequence is ~10 minutes like LGVB.

Though, it's pretty safe to say nobody really likes LGVB because I don't have the free time to play it during the day* but I can still stay in the top 100,000 just by playing 2-3 times in the evening.

* I know you can stop between songs but I don't really care enough about the event to find out how long you can do that for or even if it's unlimited

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

You have to play all the songs in a row? I'm not sure that's a plus if the full sequence is ~10 minutes like LGVB.

Though, it's pretty safe to say nobody really likes LGVB because I don't have the free time to play it during the day* but I can still stay in the top 100,000 just by playing 2-3 times in the evening.

* I know you can stop between songs but I don't really care enough about the event to find out how long you can do that for or even if it's unlimited

It's only 3 songs with no encore, so it's more like ~6 minutes. It also feels like I get through it quicker since it just continues on, and I can jump back to other stuff that isn't the songs quicker. With LGVB though, the ability to pause gives me... I guess a fake sense of being able to stop the Groove entirely and do other stuff within the app, so I guess it's my expectations working against me.

I think you basically can keep it on hold forever, it'll just ask you if you want to continue or go back to the title screen when you open the app again.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I don't know if anybody's actually tried, but theoretically you can hold it forever(or at least until the event is done).

I will say, the LGVB this time around feels a lot better in comparison to the first. The fact that I can switch Grooves and change speed inbetween songs(which you couldn't last time for some reason) feels like an improvement. It's still a chore to play through, but at least it's not as bad as having to wait through disconnects in Love Live's score match events.

That said, I agree that MedFes feels so much better and faster to play through.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

It screws me up that it's spelled 'Aqours'. I keep wanting to transpose the o and u.

Wait, it is? That's hosed up, right there.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'm a bit confused on MedFest. So, after you get your songs done and the letter grades flip over, are the bronze, silver, and gold awards representative of the girl on the other side? If a gold award turns up, will there be a better level character attached?

Also, are they random? I got an S for score and it still turned over a bronze award. I figured the award was tied to the letter grade.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Better letter grade gives a higher chance for better rewards, but bronze and silver seem to be the most common results no matter what.

Better rewards can be higher leveled normies, normies you can't usually get as song rewards, Rs, Alpacas, Yazawa siblings, large chunks of cash, scouting tickets.... that's all that comes to mind. Tickets are quite rare, and only at the gold level (I think), but everything else will almost certainly happen if you play enough. Normies are of course preponderant.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I believe some Reddit information gathering concluded that the rank that you get in score/combo doesn't affect what tier of reward you get, just that you get at least a C to begin with. Whoops that's probably wrong. After that it's just based on chance and the difficulty to determine what tier you'll get. I think the only rewards that are set in stone are the friend supports that can happen between songs; I've gotten an extra silver and bronze reward from those.

Prizes from rewards are listed here, but Gold rewards can give you stuff like the teacher/alpaca and R/SR skillup cards, as well as a scouting ticket (!).

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 8, 2015

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yazawa siblings

These are strangely rare in the game, considering.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

It's only 3 songs with no encore, so it's more like ~6 minutes.

Yeah, I could see that making a difference. At least the SS one is ending on a weekend again this time so I can put more effort in towards the end if necessary.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The level of your normal cards seems to scale somewhat with the number of songs you choose to play at once. I've never seen below a level 3 card when selecting 3 songs. Whether they come from silver or bronze rewards doesn't seem to have any influence on their level that I've seen. But I also haven't paid attention since this doesn't really matter much.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Moldy Taxes posted:

Gold rewards can give you stuff like the teacher/alpaca and R/SR skillup cards, as well as a scouting ticket (!).

The first round I did on my main account gave me a ticket, I think I ran my luck out. Much like how it was my first 11 pull that got me my one UR...

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I prefer the way the medley goes in LL over SS. The fact it's uninterrupted lets me stay in the groove. Of course I prefer the way SS idolizes your characters since all it needs is max hearts.

The QOL improvements to LL is much, much better. I had around 20 girls that I had no idea if they were idolized or what. One even had been idolized and max levelled, but I since fed that one to level up a different girl, I had the dupe.

So much better seeing the idolized, the max hearts, and even in some cases max level on the girls.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Alright time to burn through G like nobody's business. How many event points are required for the Maki from Medley?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Alright time to burn through G like nobody's business. How many event points are required for the Maki from Medley?

Same as Score Match, 25k. But it's a bit easier to get there by spending some gold. The bonus for S combo is a 1.08 multiplier while the bonus you can buy with gold is a 1.10 multiplier.

You can get a MedFes card flailing around with no combo Expert songs and get to 25k faster than FC'ing every song on Hard in a Score Match.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Same as Score Match, 25k. But it's a bit easier to get there by spending some gold. The bonus for S combo is a 1.08 multiplier while the bonus you can buy with gold is a 1.10 multiplier.

You can get a MedFes card flailing around with no combo Expert songs and get to 25k faster than FC'ing every song on Hard in a Score Match.

Yeah, medleys are great.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hell to tier for, I imagine.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Hell to tier for, I imagine.

Same, though mainly in terms of loveca/LP management. I have 92 LP at full, so after I do one medley, I have to wait roughly 3 hours before I can do another of the same. If I were tiering though I'd consider just playing a ~30LP medley to use it up, or maybe just waiting 48 minutes and doing a 2-song EX, then refreshing.

I'm planning to drop minimum 30-35 loveca for next event though. For best girl.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Remember, friends: tipsy idoling is drunk idoling. Don't waste stamina like Cantaloupe.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Girl Friend (♪) maintenance continues to continue, they're definitely going to have to move the apology window further forward than the 11th. They didn't tweet for over 24 hours until just now, I was starting to worry they'd worked themselves to death but they probably just got tired of posting "we're still working on it!" every 8 hours.

Meanwhile the ratings are looking more like what I was expecting now.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Holy poo poo, I love this update so hard. I found at least 12 girls that I'd idolized but never got to full bond.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Trihugger posted:

Oh really? I had dropped to hard specifically so I could FC everything rather than deal with my scrub-tier B combos on expert songs. It's actually better to do the expert ones and spend some G to make up for the lack of score?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Oh really? I had dropped to hard specifically so I could FC everything rather than deal with my scrub-tier B combos on expert songs. It's actually better to do the expert ones and spend some G to make up for the lack of score?

If you can score a B naturally in an expert song, regardless of your combo, you're making about the same number of points as a S-ranked hard song, if not more. It gets slightly more complicated when you account for number of songs since 3 perfect hard songs is better than one B-ranked expert song, but increase your score or number of EX songs and then it's about the same or better.

Just look at the chart at the bottom if you want the specifics.
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay

Allarion fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 9, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Oh yeah, didn't mention I was talking about 3 Expert songs at once. Though it looks like it's true for 2 Expert songs at S rank, as well.

The amount of event points per song is probably not that different than Score Match, but the major difference is that MedFes has a 20% LP discount. So 3 LP off for Hard and 5 off for Expert. That boosts Expert's LP to Event points ratio up quite a bit. Then add in that you can buy a score boost that turns a team only capable of B ranking Expert into a team that can A or even S rank and there isn't much reason not to play it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

iDOLM@STER Must Songs is out today (Vita) on Japanese PSN for a mere 6156 yen (or, twice that if you want both).

Also they've made an anniversary 'music clips' product (also Vita) which appears to be mostly effectively game recordings of selected songs. There's a PV here. It's free for a month so you might as well at least "purchase" it if you think you might ever want it.

Also also if you ever wanted to play them, the PSP/Vita idolm@ster SP games are being reduced from 2880 yen each to 390, one game each Thursday (Thursday only).

Polsy fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 10, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

iDOLM@STER Must Songs is out today (Vita) on Japanese PSN for a mere 6156 yen (or, twice that if you want both).

Also they've made an anniversary 'music clips' product (also Vita) which appears to be mostly effectively game recordings of selected songs. There's a PV here. It's free for a month so you might as well at least "purchase" it if you think you might ever want it.

Also also if you ever wanted to play them, the PSP/Vita idolm@ster SP games are being reduced from 2880 yen each to 390, one game each Thursday (Thursday only).

It's literally just Taiko? What even is the point?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pandaK posted:

It's literally just Taiko? What even is the point?

Devotion to 765pro.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Not to mention Taiko is the biggest music game franchise in Japan, bar none. All of Konami's stable of rhythm games come pretty close to matching Taiko's share.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just managed to finish a 3xEX medley with all 5 charges of perfect lock intact. Unfortunately, I let go of a hold too early, so it's not a full combo, but that's the closest I've come to FCing a 3xEX medley. I'm much better at medleys in EN, mostly due to being more familiar with EN's EX songs, I think..

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

:smug:

At this point I'm so tired. Going for 400+ combos is good enough for me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Leos Klein posted:

:smug:

At this point I'm so tired. Going for 400+ combos is good enough for me.

Oh man, niiiiice. Which songs were on your medley? My highest is only a 1412 with Loveless World, Wonderful Rush, and Wild Stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh boy, new SSR is Sachiko. Budgeting 3 10-pulls. Just did two: 3 SR, one of which was a dupe. Gonna do my last pull in the morning.